It would be ridiculous to see your Vizio TV turns on by itself and won’t turn off until you turn it off yourself. Literally, no TV is supposed to turn on by itself except it’s programmed to wake you up or turned on at a particular time.
While a Vizio TV isn’t the first case of a smart TV to turn on by itself; we have seen cases like that in Samsung TV. However, if you own a Samsung TV and it does turn on by itself; you’d want to check out this guide on how to fix Samsung TV turns on by itself and won’t turn off again.
While there is no go-to-do function that will help to turn off your Vizio TV if it keeps turning on without your permission. This article will dissect all the necessary information you need to revive your TV and fix it from turning on by itself without turning on.
How to Fix Vizio TV Turns on by Itself and Won’t Turn Off
There are varieties of troubleshooting tips you want to consider when it comes to fixing your Vizio TV that keeps turning on without turning off. However, we have made a list of some possible fixes for your Vizio TV that keeps turning on by itself without turning off.
Unpair your Vizio TV Remote
If you paired multiple remotes to your Vizio TV; your Vizio TV can turn on by itself and might not turn off. This is mostly, particularly about Vizio Smart TV which you can link more that one remote at a time and an IR remote.
So, it’s possible that one of the connected remotes is controlling your TV and you might not know. Whatever the case may be, try the following steps to unpair all paired remotes to your Vizio TV.
If you don’t know how to go about that; following the steps below will help you to unpair your Vizio smart TV remote and probably fix your Vizio TV turn on by itself and won’t turn off.
- Turn on your Vizio smart TV.
- Navigate to “Settings” and press “OK/Enter.“
- If you have multiple remotes linked to your device kindly unpair the remote.
While you can’t confirm instantly whether you have been able to fix the Vizio TV turns on by itself you can still check for days to see whether the TV would turn on after unpaired all paired remote following the steps above.
Switch from Eco Mode to Quick Start Mode
The first option to check out when your Vizio TV turns on in the middle of the night without turning off almost every day is to check which mode the TV is set to. If the TV is set to Eco mode, then, you’d want to change/switch to a quick start mode.
Following the steps below you’d get to know how to switch your Vizio TV from eco mode to quick start mode.
- Turn on your Vizio TV.
- Press the “Home” button.
- Choose “Settings” and press Enter/OK.
- Scroll down the “Settings” menu and choose “System.”
- Select the “Power Mode” option.
- Switch from “Eco Mode” to “Quick Start” and vice-versa.
Once you have switched from Eco mode to quick start you then need to give your TV a few days to confirm whether it’ll conform with the ethic of not turning on but itself in the middle of the night.
If you can afford to disable the TV HDMI-CEC then go ahead and disable this feature. While the HDMI-CEC feature is an important feature on your Vizio smart TV that helps to turn on the TV, control the TV volume, enhance the channel controller and other features. But, the downside is if you turn on your Vizio TV with the HDMI-CEC using an AV receiver it can turn on your TV if the AV receiver is connected via HDMI. While this may be a hard decision to take, it doesn’t really affect the TV but can help stop unnecessarily turning on and off the TV.
Now, follow the steps below to disable your Vizio TV HDMI-CEC.
- Turn on the TV.
- Select “Settings.”
- Choose the “TV System” option.
- Click on “CEC.”
- Turn “Off” or “Disable” the feature.
The downside of disabling this feature is that you will not be able to use it again if you are using the HDMI-CEC feature with other devices on your TV but could help you to turn why your Vizio TV turns on by itself and won’t turn off.
Update the Vizio TV Firmware to the Lastest Version
If your Vizio TV is set to automatically update to the latest version the device will always stay up to date once it connects to the internet. But on the contrary, if the device is set to manual update you’d need to update the device manually each time you dim it fit to update the device.
However, if you haven’t updated your Vizio TV in a while or the TV is running on an outdated firmware it can return to the device turning on by itself and mostly turn off.
But whatever the scenario, here, we will take a look at how to update your Vizio smart TV and fix the Vizio TV turns on by itself and won’t turn off.
- Press the “V” key on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Select “System” from your TV menu.
- Choose “Check for Updates.”
- The TV will search for the latest update on the internet.
- If there is a new update available the TV will display it and ask you to confirm it.
- Once the new update is confirmed the TV will proceed to download it.
- Once the download is completed the TV will begin the installation. However, during the installation process, the TV might restart multiple times and once the installation is complete the TV will restart again and that is it.
Now that your Vizio TV is running the latest and of course the most stable version of its OS you can now give it time to see whether the TV will stop turning on by itself. And if it does, then, we can say that the TV is suffering from outdated firmware.
Reset your Vizio Smart TV
If you have some preset or preinstalled apps on your Vizio Smart TV it could be really hard to turn to this option to fix your Vizio TV keeps turning on and without turning off. But if you are left with no option than to reset the TV and restore it to factory settings; just follow the steps below.
- Turn on your “Vizio Smart TV.”
- Navigate to your “TV” menu.
- Choose “Settings” >> “System” and press “OK/Enter” to select the options.
- Select “Reset TV to Factory Defaults.”
- Type “0000″ when you are prompted to enter your password if you have not set a predefined “Parental code.”
- Choose “Reset” and click on the “OK” button to effect the option.
At this point, your Vizio TV will restart itself. Turn it off completely and erase all the TV pre-define settings and restore the TV to a new device.
It’s guaranteed that with the “factory reset” option the TV will be restored back to a fresh device by deleting all pre-configured options on the TV including while the TV keeps turning on and off by itself.