Depending on the brand of laptop you use, the microphones are designed and placed on various sites on the Laptop. However, for this article, we will be dwelling on the HP laptop microphone location. Most laptop microphones are usually modeled to be at the top of the display close to the webcam while others place it above the keyboard.
Check your laptop’s external body and edges for one or multiple small holes to discover the microphone. The users of the recent models of HP laptops however encounter different microphone issues which this article will explain the troubleshooting tips you can try to fix the problems.
Below are some of the fixes to resolve the in-built microphone or external mic-related issues with the HP laptop models, like where the HP laptop Microphone location is, how to install the microphone drivers, or how to enable the microphone access, and how to check if the microphone is dead or not.
Read about the common problems and the available solutions relating to the Hp laptop Microphone location below!
Where is the HP Laptop Microphone Location?
In recent times, Microphones are generally installed as tiny holes near your Laptop’s integrated webcam. The microphone is located right beside the webcam in recent models of most HP Laptops.
Check out the image below to see where the HP laptop microphone location is.
How to Enable the Built-in microphone
Here is how to enable the inbuilt microphone, follow the basics steps below and note that these steps are usual for the HP pavilion and other recent models too. Primarily, the inbuilt microphone can be enabled by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the taskbar, and right-click on the speaker icon.
- It will open the window page, choose “recording devices” and click on disabled and enabled devices.
- Open the Menu bar and tap to show the available options for “integrated microphone”.
- Tap on the integrated microphone option and ensure you enable the microphone.
- Then you can set the Microphone as the default audio input device.
Most recent HP models don’t respond to the microphone driver due to some technical issues. However, the solution has been provided in this article too.
Navigate to this site amd.com/en/support to download the drivers required for the Microphone and install it. Ensure you restart your laptop after installing the drivers. That’s it! You have successfully enabled the inbuilt microphone.
How to update HP Laptop’s Audio Driver
In case your audio drivers on your HP laptop are outdated, or the audio is not detected, you will need to update the audio driver. Below are a few methods for updating the audio drivers easily via the following steps below:
You can easily download the driver from the official site for instance the HP support and look for the driver required.
For manual updating of Audio Driver:
- Navigate to the official site of HP support.
- Find the software and drivers tab inside it and select update the audio driver.
- Choose the compatible device download option
- Once the downloading process has been completed, the on-screen instructions will guide you on how to install the driver.
Through Device Manager:
Follow the steps below:
- Make a click of two keys at once “windows key +R”.
- You will get a pop-up displaying screen box, select an option of “devmgmt. msc” and tap OK.
- You will be provided with various available options to select Sound, video, and game controllers, then tap ok.
- An option of three alternatives will be opened, choose high definition and audio device, then right-click on it.
- You will see an option for updating the driver.
- Make a selection for the Search automatically for updated driver software as displayed on the on-screen window and follow it, and that’s it!
Does HP Laptop Microphone Randomly stop Working? Try these Fixes!
The on and off behavior of your HP Laptop Microphone can be frustrating. The issue may be due to the inbuilt microphone not enabling itself during any work. Follow the steps below to fix the problem of sudden inactive behavior of your HP laptop Microphone location.
However, if this method doesn’t work, there are other ways like you can download driver fix software (https://www.driverfix.com/) or restore the PC Repair tool (https://www.restoro.com/). You can as well reset the window audio service to enable the Microphone to follow the given steps:
- Navigate to the Search bar at the left bottom, look for services.msc enter by typing it into the space, and double click to open Services.
- Look for the Windows Audio service in the on-screen window.
- In case it’s not enabled, right-click and click on the Start option in there, and If it’s enabled already, simply right-click on it and choose Restart again.
- Wait for a few seconds for the system to complete the process and you can restart the laptop.
This will make your microphone be enabled and stop the wavering action!
How to Fix HP Microphone that gets very Noisy
Has your Microphone embarrassed you one time or the other while making an audio or video call? If yes, don’t worry! There’s a solution to your noisy Microphone. These issues can get worse due to the background or ambient noises. Below are some methods to minimize the interferences:
Here the settings remain the same for all Windows systems i.e windows 7, 8, 10 which is effective on all. You just need to follow the steps below manually:
- Navigate to the control panel by searching via the search bar.
- Open the Hardware and sound.
- For instance, you could locate the microphone bar under sound >> recording.
- Tap the Microphone.
- Then, go to properties.
- Following the on-screen instruction, search for the level tab in the Window.
- Tap on the boost tool under the microphone.
- Make a roll, that is, upward and downward in the level on the Microphone boost.
- Once this has been done, proceed to the tab name enhancements.
- Just as a tick box would appear, ensure the Noise suppression and Acoustic echo cancellation are enabled.
- Now, you can test the audio to be double sure.
- Return to the recording menu and look for “listening to this device” and tap Ok.
Once all these steps have been carried out, then you are ready to go back to enjoying your gaming, video calls, meetings, and what have you!
We have come to the end of this post, I hope it was enlightening and you were able to find the HP Laptop Microphone location without any hassle. In case you have additional suggestions, feel free to drop your comment in the section below. Thanks for reading thus far!