A handful of users face some challenges while trying to make payments from the app store. An example of such a challenge is a common error that displays “App store payment not completed” on the screen
When you are faced with this, you might decide to inspect information like your card details, or your Apple ID email while also checking your payment medium.
But then, trying all this wouldn’t amount to a positive outcome if you don’t know where the problem is coming from.
That is why you need to read this article till the end since I have broken down some of the proven tricks that work when you are faced with the “app store payment not completed” issue.
That being said, let’s delve into what exactly is causing this issue before explaining how to resolve it
Why you are stuck with ‘App store payment not completed’
There are some obvious reasons why you are faced with this issue. While some are noticeable, you might not be aware of others.
Below are some common reasons for this:
- Apple ID may be linked with too many credit cards.
- Credit cards may be blocked.
- iPhone not capturing Face ID.
- You are buying something that is not available in your region.
- iPhone Touch ID is faulty.
- The account information is not matching the credit card information
- Simple glitch from Apple
Now that you’re aware of these, let’s go into how you can resolve the “App store payment not completed” issue.
Recommended: 10 ways to Fix iPhone 12 Pro Max Overheating
How to Fix ‘App store payment Not Completed’ Error
Every of the troubleshooting steps listed below works, but it depends on where the problem is coming from.
Since you are aware of that, let’s take a look at all the possible steps you should take, starting from the little things you can inspect when you are faced with the “App store Payment not completed” issue.
1. Check your Payment Information
While this might be a simple issue to resolve, you can’t write it off, if you have more than one user making use of your apple device.
If you haven’t checked it yet, here is how you can do that
- Navigate to your Settings app
- Scroll down till you see iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- After doing that, tap on your Apple ID
- Next, tap on View Apple ID.
- Before you view it, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID’s password.
- After entering them, tap Sign In.
- Over here you can simply tap on Payment Information and confirm that all your payment information is correct
If you are still seeing “App store Payment not completed” on your device screen try restarting your device.
2. Restarting your Apple device
Due to connection-based issues, restarting your device can help clear some of these glitches after checking through and updating your Payment details.
To power your iPhone off, all you have to do is
- Press and hold down on the Top (or Side) button until you see “Slide to power off” on your iPhone.
- After doing that, slide the toggle Off.
3. Disable Face ID for App Store
In some scenarios, you might be stuck with this issue due to your Face ID, maybe the app isn’t registering the face correctly or it’s just a simple glitch.
In cases like this disabling, your face ID might be a good option to see if the face ID is stopping the purchase from going.
To confirm that here is how to turn Off face ID
- Launch your App Store
- Go to Settings
- Toggle off Face ID & Passcode and try it again.
NB: if the payment goes through after disabling the face ID then you have to rest your Face ID.
Recommended Article: How to fix Face ID not working
4. Disable Touch ID
In some scenarios, you might be faced with issues such as a broken home button which is making it hard for the device to register your touch ID correctly.
If that is the case, disabling your Touch ID would resolve the “app store payment not completed” issue in no time.
- Navigate to Settings on your iPhone
- Scroll to Touch ID & passcode and tap it.
- Enter your passcode, if you are prompted to do that
- Now, toggle off and use touch ID for “iTunes and App Store.”
Recommended Article: How to Fix Touch ID Not Working On iPhone
5. Sign Out and sign in to Your Apple ID
Sometimes, there might be some bugs or cache memory stopping the device from registering your changes, in cases like that you might have to sign out and sign in to your Apple ID
here is how to do that and login back
- Navigate to your settings app
- tap on the iTunes & App Store.
- After doing that, tap on your Apple ID
- Next, tap on Sign Out.
- Once you are out of your account, sign in the back by tapping on Sign In
- Now, enter your Apple ID Email address and password
Immediately you’ve logged in to your account, try making the purchase again
6. Allow unrestricted access to Content & Privacy Restrictions
In some scenarios, the thing stopping you from finalizing a purchase is the restriction that is set in your apple account. Maybe you are under parental control and your parents have set a particular restriction on your device usage such as screen time.
If that is the case, you can simply adjust the settings by following the steps below
- Navigate to your Screen Time settings.
- Tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Under iTunes & App Store Purchases, confirm if you are allowed to make in-app purchases.
- If you don’t disable the settings.
7. Update the iOS version of your iPhone
The majority of issues plaguing apple devices are usually solved by a recent update.
So if it’s been a long since you update your iPhone, try installing the latest update by going navigating to your device setting > General > Software Update
Download and install the available update and try initiating the purchase again.
If none of the steps above is giving a positive response to the “app store payment Not completed” issue, then you have to contact apple support.
Why does App Store keep saying Payment not Complete?
There are a series of reasons why your app store is bothering you about this. If you are stuck with these, there are some things you ought to check such as your payment info, your account details and your card balance.
If these three pieces of information have no issues, then you should go through the steps listed above to resolve them.
In most cases, it is usually the touch ID or the Face ID that is stopping the Payment from going through.
Payment not completed app store family sharing
If you are stuck trying to make payment with your family sharing app, all you have to do is sign out of “media and purchases” and sign in back
here is how to do that
- Go to Settings > Apple ID.
- Tap Media & Purchases.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Tap Media & Purchases again.
- Tap Apple ID, then sign in with the Apple ID that you use for Family Sharing.
One of the most common reasons why most users struggle with the “App store payment not complete” is due to issues like the device not registering their Face ID or Touch ID.
For some, the Touchpad at the bottom centre of the phone is broken while for others the device is finding a hard time registering their faces.
If it does, then you have to reset whichever of them is causing the “App store Payment not completed” issue to reduce future issues.