If you are experiencing some unresponsiveness while you are swiping on your Apple Watch then you need to be worried even though it’s not a complicated issue. The issue of my apple watch won’t swipe up is not as complicated as it may seem, although you can be frustrated especially if you just purchased your apple watch.
Your apple watch may become unresponsive due to bugs and glitches from outdated software. Another reason your apple watch may fail to swipe up is a broken or cracked screen. All these issues need to be properly fixed to make your device responsive to swipe or touch.
In this article, I will briefly discuss the various steps that helped me fix my apple watch won’t swipe up issues when I encountered this problem.
Why My Apple Watch Won’t Swipe Up
When I encountered the issue of my apple watch won’t swipe up, I couldn’t think of losing a couple of dollars and I know you wouldn’t want to as well.
Make sure you follow these steps closely to fix your apple watch if it is not responding to touch or swipe.
Restart Your Apple Watch
Restarting your apple watch can help to fix an unresponsive apple watch and this was the first step I took when my apple watch won’t swipe up.
You can’t restart your apple watch whenever it is charging. To restart your apple watch first ensure you take it off the charger.
Follow these steps to restart your apple watch:
- Press and hold the side button until the Power Off slider appears on your watch screen.
- Then drag the Power Off slider, to turn off your apple watch.
- Now press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears on your watch screen.
Recommended: How can I Find my Apple Watch Dead?
Force Restart your Apple Watch
Just like when my apple watch won’t swipe up, you may find it very frustrating having to restart your watch all the time when it becomes unresponsive to touch. You may consider force restarting your Apple watch when it is not responding.
Follow these steps to force restart your apple watch:
- Press and hold the side button and Digital Crown together for at least 10 seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears on your apple watch screen.
Unpair and Re-pair Your Apple Watch
Unpairing your apple watch restores the watch to its original settings, just like a factory reset. Before you unpair your apple watch, ensure you back up your apple watch. To avoid losing important files, after you unpair your apple watch. You can use the backup you created to restore a new Apple Watch.
Follow these steps to unpair and re-pair your apple watch:
- Ensure you place together your Apple Watch and iPhone to unpair them.
- Now open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
- Tap the info button next to the watch you want to unpair.
- Tap unpair Apple Watch.
- You can decide between keeping or removing your cellular plan, for GPS + Cellular models. You can keep your plan if you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again. While you can remove your plan if you don’t want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone anymore.
- Tap again to confirm. You may be prompt to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. After your Apple Watch is unpaired, you will get a message to Start the pairing process.
Follow these steps to pair your apple watch:
- Turn on your Apple watch.
- Place your Apple watch close to your iPhone.
- Hold your iPhone over the viewfinder on your iPhone, till your Apple Watch is paired.
- Set up as a new apple watch or restore from a backup.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Choose your settings.
- Create a passcode.
- Choose features and apps.
- Wait for your devices to sync.
- Begin to use your Apple Watch.
Update Apple Watch OS
Your apple watch notifies you whenever there is a new update available. There are two ways you can follow to update your apple watch, you can either update your apple watch software using your iPhone or directly update your apple watch.
Follow these steps to manually update your apple watch:
- Open the apple watch app, on your iPhone, then select the My Watch tab.
- Select General > Software Update.
- Download the update. If prompted to enter your iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode, fill it out.
- Wait until the progress wheel appears on your Apple Watch. It can take several minutes to an hour for the update to be completed.
Follow these steps to update directly on your Apple Watch:
- Connect your apple watch to your Wi-Fi.
- Open the Settings app on your apple watch.
- Click General > Software Update.
- Click Install If there is a software update available
- Then follow the on-screen instructions that would is being displayed on your apple watch.
Repair Broken screen
If the screen of your apple watch is not responding to touch, it could be due to a broken screen. The warranty doesn’t cover a broken or cracked screen, as this is impact damage from the owner’s end.
Replacing a broken screen of your apple watch is often an expensive repair unless you have previously purchased AppleCare which could be less expensive.
Return Watch To Apple Service Center
If your apple watch won’t swipe up or respond to touch due to a hairline crack, you can decide to return your watch to the apple service centre. Apple’s warranty covers issues due to defects in materials and workmanship, but not due to accidental damage.
You can contact Apple support if required they may ask you to mail the watch or you may have to go in person to the Service Centre, where your apple watch would be checked out. If the issue is from a defective screen material or workmanship. Your Apple watch would be replaced since its meets their criteria.
How Do I get my Apple Watch To Swipe Up
Your Applet watch may not respond to touch due to different reasons, this may include using an outdated apple watchOS, or a broken/cracked screen. To make your apple watch swipe up or respond to touch, you should update the firmware of your apple watch, restart your apple watch, force restart your apple watch, Unpair, and re-pair your apple watch.
If this issue is from a broken/cracked apple watch screen you should have it fixed or return your apple watch to the service centre. If your apple watch is not responding due to a hairline crack, it may be due for a warranty if checked at the apple service centre.
My Apple Watch Won t Swipe Up To Ping My Phone
If you can’t swipe your apple watch to connect it with your iPhone, this means your apple watch is not responding to touch. You should consider these steps to fix the issue of your apple watch won’t swipe up when trying to ping your iPhone:
Update the firmware of your apple watch. Your apple watch needs to run on the latest software to fix bugs and glitches that may have led to its unresponsiveness.
- Restart your apple watch.
- Force restart your apple watch.
- Unpair and re-pair your apple watch.
- Fix your apple watch screen if it is broken.
- Return your apple watch to the service centre, for a warranty check.
In conclusion, a low battery is also among the reasons your apple watch may become unresponsive. I noticed that my apple watch won’t swipe up when my battery is below 20% as it goes automatically into a power-saving mode. In the low power savings mode, the use of your apple Watch gets restricted as only time would be displayed on your apple watch.