There are various dating sites out there with a lot of competitions to build trusts with members. Testing a various dating site at the same time works differently for different people. However, if you want to quit your membership with Match it’s better to delete your profile information from the dating site database. Therefore, in this guide, we will detail how to delete Match account.
Match simplify the approach to delete a Match profile from the platform without contacting a customer care representative via a live chat or contact form.
Match supports account deletion across all platforms. This implies that you can delete your Match account via Match.com when you logged in to your account and you can also delete or remote your match account on Match app on phone.
Therefore, for this sake of this guide, we will consider both how to delete a Match account on a computer (web browser) via Match.com settings and how to close or remote your Match account on Match app on your Android and iPhone.
However, for Match.com to delete your profile from the platform you must first cancel your membership subscription.
How to Cancel Match Subscription
With this, you want to safe all penny and cancel Match.com auto-renewal subscription. To start with, follow the procedures below to cancel stop Match from charging you for autorenewal.
- Go to Match.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on the Settings gear icon somewhere in the profile menu.
- Tap on “Manage your Subscription.”
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
- Follow the instruction on the screen and put an end to Match.com autorenewal.
You want to cancel your subscription in time. As this cannot be completed within 24 hours. So, you need at least 48 hours before your next due date to request to cancel your Match membership of subscription before the next billing cycle otherwise you will be charged for the next month and getting a refund might take a long process because you have slipped into another month.
For quick account, call Match customer care on 020 305 96 494 and request to cancel your subscription between 9 am to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday. Note that if you are calling from BT landline you will be charged 10p per minute while the rate from mobile phone differs from telecom-to-telecom.
You can now proceed to delete your Match account. But, what if you want to come back and reactivate your Match account? Then, suspend your Match account.
Don’t Miss: How to Delete Wattpad account
How to Suspend Match Account
It’s better to suspend your Match account if you are planning a come back after the holiday or vacation so that you can reactivate the account instead of deleting the account and then create a new account after your holiday or vacation.
And here is how to suspend your Match account.
- First, you want to log into your Match account.
- Tap on your Match profile picture at the top right.
- Tap on “My Account Settings.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings page and tap on “To suspend or delete your account, click here.”
- Now, click on “Suspend Account.”
Do not be in a hurry to suspend your Match account without cancelling the Match subscription autorenewal. The Match dating site does not automatically cancel your subscription because you suspend your account. Therefore, it’s a must to cancel your subscription before you suspend your account.
How to Delete Match Account Profile for UK Members
Match.com offers an easy-to-follow approach to deleting a membership account via settings to delete a member profile from the platform. So, we consider how to delete the Match account in this section.
- Log in to your account on the Match.com dating site.
- Tap on your profile or display the picture at the top right.
- Click on “My Account Settings” on the drop menu from the settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on “To suspend or delete your account, click here.”
- Move to the bottom of the page as ell and click on “To delete your account and permanently remove your profile from the site, click here.”
- Now, click on “Delete Account.”
- You might be asked to confirm your account deleting by confirming your Match account password and follow the instruction on the screen to permanently delete your Match account.
The process cannot be done. Once your Match account is deleted permanently you cannot reinstate it. So, if you are planning to use the Match dating site in the future it’s better to suspend your account and reactivate when you feel it’s time to come back but don’t forget to cancel your Match autorenewal subscription before you suspend it.
How to Delete Match Account on App
Unfortunately, you cannot delete match account on app. The height of what you can do on the Match app is to cancel and suspend your Match account. But when it comes to deleting your account permanently, you can only do that on the official Match website.
For more information: https://uk.match.com/p/dating-advice/how-delete-your-profile/