Kodi is an important app you can’t afford to miss on Chromebook. If you are fortunate enough you will have Google play app installed on your Chromebook otherwise you will have to install it yourself. Actually there is no big deal on how to install kodi on Chromebook once you have Google play app installed. Also you don’t need to visit Chrome developer page before you can have Kodi running on your Chromebook.
Before we take a look at how simple it’s to install Kodi on Chromebook let me quickly tell this you on what is currently going on with Kodi.
According to the current information from torrentfreak, Kodi stream Chrome extension and mirror site are currently under surveillance due to copyright infringement. At the moment it’s not wise accessing kodi without virtual private network (VPN).
Fortunately, you don’t need paid VPN before you can access kodi streaming page. After you have successfully install Kodi app on your Chromebook endeavor to use any of these speed vpn to access Kodi streaming page to keep all activities on your kodi private.
How to Install Kodi on Chromebook from Google Play Store
If you have Google play store app installed already on your Chromebook this section would be just a free ride for you. But for those of us that doesn’t have Kodi app installed on our Chromebook, below are the procedure you need to follow to install Kodi app on your device (Next section).
1. Visit Google play store on your Chromebook and search for “Kodi” app and click on install from the interface.
2. Once the installation is complete you can start using Kodi on your Chromebook like other Chromebook apps and you are good to go.
How to Install Kodi on Chromebook If Google Play Store Isn’t Installed on Your Chromebook.
This is actually the aspect of this post we really want to talk about. It’s assumed that you don’t have Google play store app installed on your Chromebook as a default app and as such you need another approach on how to install Kodi on Chromebook and use it just like other Chromebook apps. However, under this section we would share with you simple steps you can follow to install Kodi app on your Chromebook device.
1. Open a browser on your Chromebook and visit Google Chrome developer’s page to download Arc Welder
2. Open a new tab on your browser and visit ApkMirror to download Kodi APK app for your Chromebook. Meanwhile make sure you download the latest Kodi apk app from ApkMirror.
Note: Save the Kodi apk file in a folder where you can easily access it. We recommend download folder.
3. On your Chromebook open the downloaded download Arc Welder. Click on the (+) sign in orange colour and add the downloaded Kodi APK app from ApkMirror.
4. Select the downloaded Kodi app and click on the blue button to open in Arc Welder.
5. The Arc Welder app will show that the kodi apk has been built and it’s ready to test it for the first time.
We are just few steps away from how to install Kodi on Chromebook successfully.
6. Click on test to the right hand of your kodi app on your Chromebook (Arc Welder app interface). Kodi will start loading, it may take some minutes before loading will complete.
To enjoy kodi apk app you just installed on your Chromebook you need to add it to Chrome extension. In the next step we’d share with you how to add Kodi apk app to Chrome as part of how to install Kodi on Chromebook.
How to Install Kodi on Chromebook Final Part
This part revealed to you how to add Kodi apk app to your Chrome as an extension in a simple but technical steps.
1. Open Google Chrome browser on your Chromebook and visit Chrome extension through chrome://extensions/
2. Tick Google Chrome developer option from the top side
3. Under extension click on “Load Unpacked Extensions”
4. A new folder will pops up select KODI.apk_export that was created by Arc Welder during installation with Arc Welder.
5. Finally click on open button on the open folder to select the kodi.apk_export file. Kodi apk extension will then be added to your Google Chrome and you can start enjoying.
Note: A warning message will pops up about the added extension just ignore it as it normal. And now Kodi should start working on your Chromebook without waiting for Google play store to bring Kodi to your Chromebook.
This is exactly how to install kodi on Chromebook when your device does not have Google play store app as a default app.