If you have been looking for a way to pair the XFINITY remote to your TV, we have put together this article to help you do that. We all know that it can be extremely boring to go in front of your TV and press the TV buttons anytime you want to change the channel or perform any function on the television.
It is more comfortable to sit down right there on your couch and control the television with your XFINITY remote.
But the XFINITY remote is not automatically paired with the Xfinity TV box when they are bought. There are procedures to follow to pair them and get the XFINITY remote to start controlling what happens on the TV even without pressing the TV buttons.
In this article, we will be discussing the two ways you can pair XFINITY remote to TV in the easiest way possible. If you follow strictly what has been discussed in this article then you will ultimately get your remote paired to TV.
In a situation where you have implemented the instructions in this article and you still could not pair your remote to TV then you may have done something wrong during the pairing process of which you may need to start afresh.
If this is the case for you, reset your XFINITY remote and go through this pairing process again to pair your XFINITY remote to the TV.
If you need information on how to reset your XFINITY remote then follow this link here
What is Pair Xfinity Remote to TV?
What is the meaning of Pair Xfinity Remote to TV in this article? Pair XFINITY remote to TV in this article is the process through which you can connect your XFINITY remote to your XFINITY TV box.
This is a way that you can control your television using the XFINITY remote when you are away from your television up to 50 feet.
Bear in mind that this process is not automatic, there are procedures to follow to be able to pair XFINITY remote to TV which is what this article is all about.
If you continue reading this article, you will see the process as it has been discussed extensively.
How to Pair Xfinity Remote to TV
We have discussed the two procedures through which you can pair the XFINITY remote to your XFINITY TV box.
This process is two so that you can choose any one that works best for you.
In a situation where you have tried these processes and your XFINITY remote refuses to connect, then you can reset your remote and start afresh.
If that still does not work, then you can contact the XFINITY customer care representatives
To pair XFINITY remote to TV using the setup button do that using the procedures discussed below.
- First of all, you need to put on your XFINITY TV and bear in mind that you need to make sure that your XFINITY remote has been powered using batteries, if not, get compatible batteries and put in your XFINITY remote.
- The next thing you need to do is to set your TV input to be connected to the input of the XFINITY TV.
- Now the next thing you need to do is to locate the setup button on your XFINITY remote, then long-press the setup button until the LED light changes to green colour.
- After you have done this, you need to locate the XFINITY button on the XFINITY remote and press it. You will notice that the LED light will start blinking in green colour; this shows that the remote is now ready to pair with XFINITY TV box
- At this point, you need to press the XFINITY button on your remote 5times to pair Xfinity remote with the television.
- This works best if you are pairing XR2 or XR5 to DAT
- At this point, a pairing code would be displayed on your TV. Enter the pairing code on your XFINITY remote.
- If you have entered this pairing code displayed on your television correctly you will notice that you can now control your television with your XFINITY remote.
In a situation where you do not want to make use of the setup button, you can follow the procedure below to set up your XFINITY remote and connect it with your TV without making use of the setup button.
- To use this process the first thing you need to do is to make sure that your XFINITY TV box is put on and every other necessary thing is ok.
- You should also make sure that your XFINITY remote is powered with a battery and working properly.
- Press the info and the XFINITY remote button that has XFINITY written on it simultaneously.
- Do not leave these buttons until after about 5 seconds. If you have done this correctly you will notice that the LED lights on the remote will change to Green.
- If you have made use of the XFINITY and info buttons and the light does not change to green, then make use of the XFINITY button and the mute button, hold them together for about 5 seconds and until the XFINITY LED light changes to Green.
- If you have done this correctly you will see the three-digit activation and pairing code displayed on your XFINITY TV box cream.
- This pairing code is the code you need to press on your XFINITY remote make sure you enter this code on your XFINITY remote correctly.
- At this point, you noticed that you are able to control your TV with the Xfinity remote.