With just a few mouse clicks or clicks on the iPhone screen, you can create or add Facebook events to iPhone that includes all the necessary details, including its location, timing, clothing, charitable goals and number of attendees.
Most importantly, you also have the option to set the Facebook event to be public that anyone can easily view on the platform, or set it to private, with only invitees who can view the event.
The Facebook Events feature is a great way to keep track of what’s going on in the world around you, including upcoming concerts, community jobs, birthdays and more. Thanks to the web-based import feature, you can now add Facebook events to your iPhone’s calendar. You can also remove these calendars from your devices as you see below.
Table of Contents
Add Facebook events to your iPhone calendar
To add and sync the Facebook calendar to iPhone or iPad, you must first log into your Facebook account from the web and then follow these directions. Note that this cannot be done from the mobile version of Facebook.
- Click Events on the left side of the Facebook home screen.
- Click on the Upcoming Events or Birthdays link, as per your choice.
- On your Mac, you will see a popup saying: “Do you want to allow this page to open Calendar?”
- Click Allow (or Cancel).
- Your Apple Calendar will open with a message asking you to subscribe to a new calendar. Click the Subscribe button.
- Make sure your calendar’s location is iCloud, not on My Mac. Otherwise, the calendar will not appear on your other devices. Click OK.
- Your Facebook calendar (either upcoming events or birthdays) is now available on your Apple iCloud calendar and can be accessed across all of your Apple devices.
- Repeat steps 4 to 9 to add the other Facebook calendar separately to your Apple calendar.
Add Facebook events to your Mac
Handling the desktop site on mobile devices can be a bit painful. However, there is a way to use your Mac to sync Facebook events. This method is more straightforward and does not require you to jump through the hoops. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the web browser of your choice
- Go to the Facebook events page [https://www.facebook.com/events/]
- Select between Google Calendar or Apple Calendar
If you sync your Google Calendar to iPhone, you will need to choose the first. While if you are using Apple Calendar, you obviously want to hunt down the latter.
From there, you will need to specify either upcoming events or birthdays. This opens the calendar application on your Mac, giving you a specific URL.
When you add this URL, your events will be synced to the calendar you choose. The best part is that you do not have to worry about following this process on a regular basis.
When you add a new event to your Facebook calendar, it will be automatically added to your Apple or Google Calendar. This obviously makes life a lot easier, while ensuring nothing is missed.
It is important to note that if you need to respond to an event, you will still need to use Facebook. Looks like there’s no easy way to respond to events with the Apple Calendar app.
If you encounter any issues, speak to the comments below and let us know. We will take care to answer any questions that may arise during the process.
Delete Facebook Events from iPhone calendar
When a calendar is deleted in one location, it will be removed elsewhere as well.
On a Mac
- On your Mac, go to your Apple Calendar. On the left side of the screen, you’ll notice a list of all of your iCloud calendars. Right-click on the image you created from Facebook and want to delete it.
- Select Unsubscribe.
- Choose Delete from the pop-up menu to confirm that you want to delete the calendar; select Cancel if you changed your mind.
- The calendar is now removed from Mac and other Apple devices.
On iPhone or iPad
- To delete your Facebook calendar on your iOS device, go to the original calendar app. From here, click Calendars at the bottom of the main screen.
- Click the info icon to the right of the Facebook calendar.
- Select Delete calendar and confirm your choice to remove the calendar.
- Your Facebook calendar has now been removed across all your Apple devices.
To add Facebook events to your iPhone calendar, you must first add it using the web browser. Once inserted, events are displayed across all of your Apple devices. When you want to delete Facebook events, the process is much easier.