Hardly can we do without checking our Facebook account and WhatsApp messages a day. Even in a busy schedule, we still manage to go through our Facebook newsfeed, check WhatsApp status, and manage to respond to WhatsApp messages. However, when most of these apps and social media are down, we’ll all look frustrated. The worst of it is the Facebook error code 2 that usually pops up on iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac devices whenever you are trying to access your account on the platform. A more frustrating issue is when you are faced with Facebook isn’t working or when Facebook is down.
The Facebook error code 2 often occur when you are trying to sign in to your Facebook account with the Facebook lite app or of the official app. You can also encounter this error code 2 when you want to log in to your Facebook account on the web.
The Facebook error code 2 could also read as “Error Signing In. Could not communicate with the server.” While this error code 2 isn’t limited to “Error Signing In. Could not communicate with the server”, the following could also result from Facebook not working.
- Facebook Will Be Back Soon
- Sorry, something went wrong
- Account Temporarily Unavailable
- Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code: 2
- Login Failed. Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code: 1 (FBAPIErrorDomain)
- This media could not be played
- An unknown network error has occurred
- Cannot communicate with the server
- Facebook is down for required maintenance right now
Table of Contents
- Check for “Why” Facebook Error Code 2
- Check whether the Facebook Server is Down
- Set your Time to Automatic Update
- Fix Facebook Login Error code 2 on iOS 9/10
- Fix Login Facebook Error code 2 on iOS 11/12
- Reset Network Settings
- Logout Facebook from all Devices
- Clear Facebook App Caches on iPhone
- Reset Facebook Location to Fix Error Code 1 and Error Code 2
Check for “Why” Facebook Error Code 2
You’d probably wonder why these error code: 2 keeps coming when you are trying to connect to your Facebook account. Check the following to make sure you that the error isn’t from your device.
- Check your network connection if it’s not limited
- If you are using anti-virus it can stop Facebook from working most especially if you are from a region where Facebook is no longer allowed
- Set your local time correctly. Better still set your phone or iDevice date to automatic with your network connection
- Reset your network setting to default
- Check your location and privacy data if it’s not the problem why you are unable to connect to Facebook
- If the Facebook server is down you may not be able to log in
- Also, check whether the Facebook app isn’t outdated. If it does please update it to the latest version and log in again
- Uninstall the Facebook app and then reinstall it again
- Restart your phone
Check whether the Facebook Server is Down
If the Facebook server is down you won’t be able to access your Facebook account and it could return error code:2. However, if you ever want to check whether the Facebook server down just go to any site to check whether a site is down, type “Facebook.com” and click check whether server is down.
If the Facebook server is currently down you’d be notified. Then, you’d be able to tell whether the server is down globally or you have to do a thorough check on your device and the internet connection.
Set your Time to Automatic Update
This procedure usually works for most messenger apps including the Facebook app, WhatsApp, etc. However, if you are facing the Facebook error 2, setting your iPhone date to automatic could fix this error.
- Go to your iPhone settings
- Click on the general option
- Tap on date & time
- Set it to automatically
Once this is enabled, try to log into your Facebook account to see if the error has disappeared.
Fix Facebook Login Error code 2 on iOS 9/10
This procedure is general for all iOS devices. However, if your iOS device is iOS 9 and iOS 10 follow this procedure
- Go to your iOS 10 settings
- Tap on the Facebook app
- Click on Delete account
- Enter your Facebook password and username
- Tap on login
- The error code 2 will disappear
Fix Login Facebook Error code 2 on iOS 11/12
If you are using the latter version of the iOS smartphone like iOS 11 and iOS 12 you’ll observe that the Facebook single-sign-on option has been retired.
The Facebook app and other similar apps are now referred to as a 3rd party app. Therefore, to log out from Facebook, you can only do this via the Facebook app.
- Launch the Facebook app on your iOS 11 or iOS
- Scroll down the page and click on “log out”
- Log out from the Facebook app and re-login again.
However, if the Facebook error code 2 comes up again. Do not close the app just tap on the cancel that appears.
Reset Network Settings
We mentioned this while we were discussing why the Facebook error code occurs. However, as a way to fix it, try to reset your network settings if you are putting the Facebook app behind a firewall in your configuration. And if you can’t tell how this is done, kindly follow this procedure.
- Go to your iOS settings
- Tap on the general option
- Click on “Reset”
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings”
- Wait for your device to reboot
- Now, tap on the Facebook app
- Enter your username and password (This process will help to make your Facebook app active again)
- The error code 2 will be fixed
After you have successfully reset your network settings you can try to login on your iOs browser (Safari).
Logout Facebook from all Devices
If you have your Facebook account logged in-in more than 1 device it may worth logging all from all device and them re-login again on your iOS.
Launch the Facebook app on your iOS or log in to your Facebook account on Safari browser
- Tap on the drop menu and click on Security and Login Settings (under general)
- Now, scroll to the section where you logged in. Click on the see more to reveal all your logging sections
- Scroll down the page and click on Log Out Of All Sessions.
- When you do this you will also be logged out of your current device.
However, if you don’t want to be logged out of all your devices including the current device, carry out the log out all section one after the other.
Clear Facebook App Caches on iPhone
If your Facebook app is not connected to the server and the app is return error code 2 follow these procedures to fix it
- Launch Facebook app on your computer.
- Tap on the “More” button at the bottom.
- Choose “Settings” and then “Account Settings” from the drop-down list.
- Tap “Browser” to Browser Settings page.
- Tap “Clear Data”
- This will reset the Facebook
- The error code 2 will be cleared
Reset Facebook Location to Fix Error Code 1 and Error Code 2
This procedure can fix both error code 1 and error code 2 if what is causing the error code 2 on FB isn’t caused by the Facebook server down.
- Go to your iPhone settings by clicking on the gear icon
- Scroll down the page and click on the general tab
- Tap on the reset button
- Click on reset location reset
- This’ll reset the Facebook error code 1 or 2
- Tap on red Reset Settings text when prompted
This will log you out of the Facebook app and you will need to re-login again into your Facebook account to see if the error code 1 or error code 2 appears.