How do you handle the Facebook error code 2 and error code 1 when you try to sign in to your Facebook account and it returns “sorry something went wrong”? Do not kick your butt, the Facebook login error code 2 is beyond what you can fix. You can only try to see if there is how to fix the error code 2 on Facebook when you are trying to log in to your account most especially if the Facebook server is down.
The Error code 2 on Facebook occur when you are trying to sign in to your Facebook account and it returns either “sorry something went wrong” or sorry an unexpected error occurred on Facebook.
Error code 1 on Facebook is common among the iPhone/iPad users. So, if you are using an iOS, you’ll like want to see how to fix Facebook error code 2 on iPhone or iPad. And if it’s the error code 1 you are experiencing whenever you try to sign in to your Facebook account, this guide will open your eyes to why the Facebook login failed and return error code 1 or 2 and how to fix it.
Table of Contents
- Possible Facebook Failed Login Response
- Check for “Why” Facebook Error Code 2
- Check whether the Facebook Server is Down
- Set your Time to Automatic Update
- Fix Facebook Login Error code 2
- Fix Login Facebook Error code 2 on iPhone
- Reset Network Settings
- Logout Facebook from all Devices
- Clear Facebook App Caches on iPhone
- Reset Facebook Location
Possible Facebook Failed Login Response
Facebook error 2 could bring about the following response when your Facebook login failed.
- Facebook Will Be Back Soon
- Sorry, something went wrong
- Account Temporarily Unavailable
- Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code: 2
- Login Failed. Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code: 1 (FBAPIErrorDomain)
- This media could not be played
- An unknown network error has occurred
- Cannot communicate with the server
- Facebook is down for required maintenance right now
Check for “Why” Facebook Error Code 2
The Facebook error :2 is beyond what you can control at times. And the moment the Facebook app display sorry something has went wrong or unexpected error occured please try again to login.
You first need to check your network connection if it’s still active or not.
- Check your network connection if it’s not limited
- If you are using anti-virus it can stop Facebook from working most especially if you are from a region where Facebook is no longer allowed
- Set your local time correctly. Better still set your phone or iDevice date to automatic with your network connection
- Reset your network setting to default
- Check your location and privacy data if it’s not the problem why you are unable to connect to Facebook
- If the Facebook server is down you may not be able to log in
- Also, check whether the Facebook app isn’t outdated. If it does please update it to the latest version and log in again
- Uninstall the Facebook app and then reinstall it again
- Restart your phone
Check whether the Facebook Server is Down
If the Facebook server is down you won’t be able to access your Facebook account and it could return error code 2 Facebook. However, if you ever want to check whether the Facebook server is down just go to https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/facebook.com.html to see the current state of the Facebook server.
If the Facebook server is currently down you’d be notified. Then, you’d be able to tell whether the server is down globally or you have to do a thorough check on your device and the internet connection.
Set your Time to Automatic Update
This procedure usually works for most messenger apps including the Facebook app, WhatsApp, etc. So, if you are facing the Facebook error code 2 on your iPhone.iPad, you may want to try to set the date to automatic update.
- Go to your iPhone settings
- Click on the general option
- Tap on date & time
- Set it to automatically
Once this is enabled, try to log into your Facebook account to see if the error has disappeared or if it still says Facebook sorry something has went wrong.
Fix Facebook Login Error code 2
This procedure is general for all iOS devices. So if you are using iPhone/iPad with iOS 9 and iOS 10 follow these procedures
- Go to your iOS 10 settings
- Tap on the Facebook app
- Click on Delete account
- Enter your Facebook password and username
- Tap on login
- The error code 2 will disappear
Fix Login Facebook Error code 2 on iPhone
This is a possible fix for error code 2 on Facebook app if you are using iPhone/iPad. If you are lucky, this will fix the Facebook error2. And if it doesn’t, you should consider the next method.
- Launch the Facebook app on your iOS 11 or iOS
- Scroll down the page and click on “log out”
- Log out from the Facebook app and re-login again.
If the Facebook error code 2 comes up again. Do not close the app just tap on the cancel that appears.
Reset Network Settings
We mentioned this while we were discussing why the Facebook error code occurs. As part of the ways to fix the Facebook error 2 code, try to reset your network settings if you are putting the Facebook app behind a firewall in your configuration. And if you can’t tell how this is done, kindly follow these procedures.
- Go to your iOS settings
- Tap on the general option
- Click on “Reset”
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings”
- Wait for your device to reboot
- Now, tap on the Facebook app
- Enter your username and password (This process will help to make your Facebook app active again)
- The error code 2 will be fixed
After you have successfully reset your network settings you can try to login on your iOs browser (Safari).
Logout Facebook from all Devices
If you have your Facebook account logged in-in more than 1 device it may worth logging all from all device and them re-login again on your iOS.
- Launch the Facebook app on your iOS or log in to your Facebook account on Safari browser
- Tap on the drop menu and click on Security and Login Settings (under general)
- Now, scroll to the section where you logged in. Click on the see more to reveal all your logging sections
- Scroll down the page and click on Log Out Of All Sessions.
- When you do this you will also be logged out of your current device.
However, if you don’t want to be logged out of all your devices including the current device, carry out the log out all section one after the other.
Clear Facebook App Caches on iPhone
If your Facebook app is not connected to the server and the app is return error code 2 follow these procedures to fix it.
- Launch Facebook app on your computer.
- Tap on the “More” button at the bottom.
- Choose “Settings” and then “Account Settings” from the drop-down list.
- Tap “Browser” to Browser Settings page.
- Tap “Clear Data”
- This will reset the Facebook
- The error code 2 will be cleared
Reset Facebook Location
This procedure can fix both error code 1 and error code 2 Facebook app if what is causing the error code 2 on Facebook app to crash down isn’t caused by the Facebook server.
- Go to your iPhone settings by clicking on the gear icon
- Scroll down the page and click on the general tab
- Tap on the reset button
- Click on reset location reset
- This’ll reset the Facebook error code 1 or 2
- Tap on red Reset Settings text when prompted
This will log you out of the Facebook app and you will need to re-login again into your Facebook account to see if the error code 1 or error code 2 appears.