Here is how to fix Facebook error code 2 on iPhone and iPad. We’ll list various attempts you can use to clear the unexpected Facebook failed login error code 2 on your iPhone. iPad users will also benefit from this guide regarding Facebook if an unexpected error occurred. please try logging in again.
The Facebook login error code 2 occurs on iPhone when you are trying to sign in to your Facebook account and it returns either “sorry something went wrong” or sorry an unexpected error occurred on Facebook.
With error code 2, you can’t log in to your Facebook account at the moment unless fixed.
Facebook login error code on iPhone occurs when the Facebook server is down, most times. If you are using iOS, you’ll like want to see how to fix this error code 2 on your Facebook account.
What is Error Code 2 on Facebook
what is error code 2 on Facebook? Facebook error code 2 means the Facebook server is down and you are unable to connect or log into your Facebook account due to the server error.
So, that is what error code 2 mean when logging into Facebook account on mobile [app] and web [browser].
How do I Fix Error Code 2 on Facebook
Error code 2 on Facebook is an internal problem that can only be resolved by the Facebook team.
However, the best you can do is to call the attention of the Facebook team via their social handles or share the update on your Twitter handle and tag trending hashtags for others to see.
With this, you will be able to rub minds with other Facebook users experiencing or have experienced Facebook login error code 2. So, with the how do I fix error code 2 on Facebook concern, you will know how soon the issue would be resolved.
Facebook Login Failed Error Code 2
The Facebook login failed error code 2 appears to affect all Facebook users trying to access their Facebook accounts at the moment. The login failed error code 2 affects both the Facebook app and web users. This often occurs whenever there is an error communicating with the Facebook server.
Therefore, we cannot literally fix the Facebook login failed error code 2 until the issue is resolved by Facebook teams and communication is established between your phone network connection and the Facebook server.
Facebook Login Error Code 2 iPhone
Facebook login error code 2 on your iPhone means that the Facebook client is unable to communicate with Facebook’s servers.
Facebook Login Error Code 2
Here are some of the reasons why you are unable to log into your Facebook account on your iPhone/iPad with the Facebook login error code on the iPhone.
- Facebook Will Be Back Soon
- Sorry, something went wrong
- Account Temporarily Unavailable
- Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code: 2
- Login Failed. Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code: 1 (FBAPIErrorDomain)
- This media could not be played
- An unknown network error has occurred
- Cannot communicate with the server
- Facebook is down for required maintenance right now
Recommended: How to Update Windows KB915597 version
Error Code 2 Facebook App iPhone
Error code 2 Facebook app iPhone implies that the Facebook server is down and your network or WiFi network is unable to communicate with the Facebook server.
While the Facebook server was down which resulted in the error code 2 Facebook app iPhone is temporary; we never can tell how soon the service will be restored.
Therefore, we will provide a potential fix to Facebook error code 2 if truly the server was down.
- Restart your phone.
- Put your phone in flight mode
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Turn off flight mode.
- Launch the Facebook app.
How to Fix FB Error Code 2
Check the following first when you see Facebook error code 2 on your iPhone or iPad.
- Check your network connection if it’s not limited
- If you are using an anti-virus it can stop Facebook from working especially if you are from a region where Facebook is no longer allowed
- Set your local time correctly. Better still set your phone or iDevice date to automatic with your network connection
- Reset your network setting to default
- Check your location and privacy data if it’s not the problem why you are unable to connect to Facebook
- If the Facebook server is down you may not be able to log in
- Also, check whether the Facebook app isn’t outdated. If it does please update it to the latest version and log in again
- Uninstall the Facebook app and then reinstall it again
- Restart your phone
Recommended: How to Recover Mocospace Login
Facebook Server is Down
If the Facebook server is down you won’t be able to access your Facebook account and it could return error code 2 Facebook. However, if you ever want to check whether the Facebook server is down just go to https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/facebook.com.html to see the current state of the Facebook server.
If the Facebook server is currently down you’d be notified. Then, you’d be able to tell whether the server is down globally or you have to do a thorough check on your device and the internet connection.
Set your Time to Automatic Update
This procedure usually works for most messenger apps including the Facebook app, WhatsApp, etc. So, if you are facing Facebook error code 2 on your iPhone.iPad, you may want to try to set the date to automatic update.
- Go to your iPhone settings
- Click on the general option
- Tap on the date & time
- Set it to automatically
Once this is enabled, try to log into your Facebook account to see if the error has disappeared or if it still says Facebook sorry something has gone wrong.
Facebook Login Error code 2 on the iPhone
If your Facebook login failed on your iPhone try this approach to fix it.
- Go to your iOS 10 settings
- Tap on the Facebook app
- Click on Delete account
- Enter your Facebook password and username
- Tap on login
- The error code 2 will disappear
Fix Login Facebook Error code 2 on iPad
When the Facebook fatal error code 2 occurs on your iPad try this trick.
- Launch the Facebook app on your iOS 11 or iOS
- Scroll down the page and click on “log out”
- Log out from the Facebook app and re-login again.
If the Facebook error code 2 comes up again. Do not close the app just tap on the cancel that appears.
Reset Network Settings
Resetting your iPhone or iPad network can also help to fix failed Facebook unexpected login error 2.
- Go to your iOS settings
- Tap on the general option
- Click on “Reset”
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings”
- Wait for your device to reboot
- Now, tap on the Facebook app
- Enter your username and password (This process will help to make your Facebook app active again)
- Error code 2 will be fixed
After you have successfully reset your network settings you can try to log in on your iOs browser (Safari).
Logout Facebook from all Devices
If you have your Facebook account logged in-in more than 1 device it may be worth logging all from all devices and then re-login again on your iOS.
- Launch the Facebook app on your iOS or log in to your Facebook account on the Safari browser
- Tap on the drop menu and click on Security and Login Settings (under general)
- Now, scroll to the section where you logged in. Click on see more to reveal all your logging sections
- Scroll down the page and click on Log Out Of All Sessions.
- When you do this you will also be logged out of your current device.
However, if you don’t want to be logged out of all your devices including the current device, carry out the log-out of all sections one after the other.
Clear Fb App Caches on iPhone
If your Facebook app is not connected to the server and the app returns an error code 2 follow these procedures to fix it.
- Launch the Facebook app on your computer.
- Tap on the “More” button at the bottom.
- Choose “Settings” and then “Account Settings” from the drop-down list.
- Tap “Browser” on the Browser Settings page.
- Tap “Clear Data”
- This will reset the Facebook
- The error code 2 will be cleared
Reset Facebook Location
This procedure can fix both error code 1 and error code 2 Facebook app if what is causing error code 2 on the Facebook app to crash down isn’t caused by the Facebook server.
- Go to your iPhone settings by clicking on the gear icon
- Scroll down the page and click on the general tab
- Tap on the reset button
- Click on reset location reset
- This will help to reset the Facebook error code 1 or 2
- Tap on the red Reset Settings text when prompted
This will log you out of the Facebook app and you will need to re-login again into your Facebook account to see if error code 1 or error code 2 appears.
Clear Safari Browser Caches
If you often use Safari browser to access your Facebook account on your iPhone or iPad and the login error code 2 occurs just clear your browser caches.
- Close Safari “if” it’s opened
- Navigate to Settings
- Click Safari.
- Scroll down
- Click Clear History and Website Data.
Now, repeat the step to reset your network connection from above or go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
The unexpected login error code 2 on Facebook should be fixed and now you will be able to log in to your Facebook account.