What you will learn here is how to fix Facebook error code 2 on iPhone and iPad. We’ll list various attempts you can use to clear the unexpected Facebook failed login error code 2 on your iPhone. iPad users will also benefits from this guide.
Facebook login error code 2 iPhone occurs when you are trying to sign in to your Facebook account and it returns either “sorry something went wrong” or sorry an unexpected error occurred on Facebook.
Facebook login error code on iPhone occurs when Facebook server is down. If you are using an iOS, you’ll like want to see how to fix Facebook error code 2 on iPhone or iPad here is a guide for you.
Table of Contents
- What is Facebook Error Code 2?
- Facebook Login Error Code 2
- How to Fix FB Error Code 2
- Facebook Server is Down
- Set your Time to Automatic Update
- Facebook Login Error code 2 on iPhone
- Fix Login Facebook Error code 2 on iPad
- Reset Network Settings
- Logout Facebook from all Devices
- Clear Fb App Caches on iPhone
- Reset Facebook Location
- Clear Safari Browser Caches
What is Facebook Error Code 2?
Facebook error code 2 could be a connection error or server error when you are trying to log in to your Facebook account on an iPhone or iPad because Facebook server is down. The error code 2 is unexpected and it doesn’t occur often.
Facebook Login Error Code 2
Here are some of the reasons why you are unable to log into your Facebook account on iPhone/iPad with the Facebook login error code on iPhone.
- Facebook Will Be Back Soon
- Sorry, something went wrong
- Account Temporarily Unavailable
- Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code: 2
- Login Failed. Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code: 1 (FBAPIErrorDomain)
- This media could not be played
- An unknown network error has occurred
- Cannot communicate with the server
- Facebook is down for required maintenance right now
How to Fix FB Error Code 2
Check the following first when you see Facebook error code 2 on your iPhone or iPad.
- Check your network connection if it’s not limited
- If you are using anti-virus it can stop Facebook from working most especially if you are from a region where Facebook is no longer allowed
- Set your local time correctly. Better still set your phone or iDevice date to automatic with your network connection
- Reset your network setting to default
- Check your location and privacy data if it’s not the problem why you are unable to connect to Facebook
- If the Facebook server is down you may not be able to log in
- Also, check whether the Facebook app isn’t outdated. If it does please update it to the latest version and log in again
- Uninstall the Facebook app and then reinstall it again
- Restart your phone
Facebook Server is Down
If the Facebook server is down you won’t be able to access your Facebook account and it could return error code 2 Facebook. However, if you ever want to check whether the Facebook server is down just go to https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/facebook.com.html to see the current state of the Facebook server.
If the Facebook server is currently down you’d be notified. Then, you’d be able to tell whether the server is down globally or you have to do a thorough check on your device and the internet connection.
Set your Time to Automatic Update
This procedure usually works for most messenger apps including the Facebook app, WhatsApp, etc. So, if you are facing the Facebook error code 2 on your iPhone.iPad, you may want to try to set the date to automatic update.
- Go to your iPhone settings
- Click on the general option
- Tap on date & time
- Set it to automatically
Once this is enabled, try to log into your Facebook account to see if the error has disappeared or if it still says Facebook sorry something has went wrong.
Facebook Login Error code 2 on iPhone
If your Facebook login failed on iPhone try this approach to fix it.
- Go to your iOS 10 settings
- Tap on the Facebook app
- Click on Delete account
- Enter your Facebook password and username
- Tap on login
- The error code 2 will disappear
Fix Login Facebook Error code 2 on iPad
When the Facebook fatal error code 2 occur on your iPad try this trick.
- Launch the Facebook app on your iOS 11 or iOS
- Scroll down the page and click on “log out”
- Log out from the Facebook app and re-login again.
If the Facebook error code 2 comes up again. Do not close the app just tap on the cancel that appears.
Reset Network Settings
Resetting your iPhone or iPad network can also help to fix failed Facebook unexpected login error 2.
- Go to your iOS settings
- Tap on the general option
- Click on “Reset”
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings”
- Wait for your device to reboot
- Now, tap on the Facebook app
- Enter your username and password (This process will help to make your Facebook app active again)
- The error code 2 will be fixed
After you have successfully reset your network settings you can try to login on your iOs browser (Safari).
Logout Facebook from all Devices
If you have your Facebook account logged in-in more than 1 device it may worth logging all from all device and them re-login again on your iOS.
- Launch the Facebook app on your iOS or log in to your Facebook account on Safari browser
- Tap on the drop menu and click on Security and Login Settings (under general)
- Now, scroll to the section where you logged in. Click on the see more to reveal all your logging sections
- Scroll down the page and click on Log Out Of All Sessions.
- When you do this you will also be logged out of your current device.
However, if you don’t want to be logged out of all your devices including the current device, carry out the log out all section one after the other.
Clear Fb App Caches on iPhone
If your Facebook app is not connected to the server and the app is return error code 2 follow these procedures to fix it.
- Launch Facebook app on your computer.
- Tap on the “More” button at the bottom.
- Choose “Settings” and then “Account Settings” from the drop-down list.
- Tap “Browser” to Browser Settings page.
- Tap “Clear Data”
- This will reset the Facebook
- The error code 2 will be cleared
Reset Facebook Location
This procedure can fix both error code 1 and error code 2 Facebook app if what is causing the error code 2 on Facebook app to crash down isn’t caused by the Facebook server.
- Go to your iPhone settings by clicking on the gear icon
- Scroll down the page and click on the general tab
- Tap on the reset button
- Click on reset location reset
- This’ll reset the Facebook error code 1 or 2
- Tap on red Reset Settings text when prompted
This will log you out of the Facebook app and you will need to re-login again into your Facebook account to see if the error code 1 or error code 2 appears.
Clear Safari Browser Caches
If you often use Safari browser to access your Facebook account on your iPhone or iPad and the login error code 2 occurs just clear your browser caches.
- Close Safari “if” it’s opened
- Navigate to Settings
- Click Safari.
- Scroll down
- Click Clear History and Website Data.
Now, repeat the step to reset your network connection from above or go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
The unexpected login error code 2 on Facebook should be fixed and now you will be able to log in to your Facebook account.