We will divulge everything you need to know about BT mail in this article. This will include the email settings, password reset, and how to solve BT internet email problems you might encounter in the long run.
BT mail is an email service provider just like the yahoo email service. You create a BT mail login just like the way you created the yahoo email login and use it to communicate via the internet on what is referred to as electronic mail.
The good thing about BT e-mail is that it sends and receive emails from other email service provider. So, if you have a friend that uses a Gmail account or yahoo mail account you can communicate using your BT email address just the way others do use other e-mail service provider.
The drawback is fixed using the email feature in your Android and iOS [iPhone and iPad] to set up the BT email on your smartphone. So, there is no (single) barrier whatsoever that can probably stop you from using BT Mail on your smartphone, receive email notifications, compose and send an email on your Android and iPhone, and carry out normal e-mail task using your BT email settings on your Android.
Basically in this article, we’ll share with you all you need to start using BT Mail on your Android phone, help to provide solutions to BT internet eMail problem and lead you to reset your BT mail.
Setup BT Mail on iPhone
To start to use the BT internet email on your iPhone the following settings are needed. Follow the steps below to achieve this new milestone.
- Go to your iPhone Settings and select “Mail >> Accounts.”
- Select “Add Accounts”
- Type your name in the “Name field.” This will display what you want people to see whenever you send an email using your BT email account.
- Type your “BT email address” and the corresponding “Password” in the field provided.
- Tap “Next” and select “OK” if there is an error message on the screen.
- Select “POP” and input “outlook.office365.com” as the incoming server address.
- The port should pop up automatically as “995.” But, if it doesn’t type “995” as the incoming service port.
- Check the option to enable “SSL” which is an option to make secure.
- Move to the “Ongoing email authentication” tab and input your BTemail password and username and select “Save.”
Now, your BT email account should be sync to your iPhone after the above settings. However, if it fails to work we would recommend the Outlook email client as an alternative.
BT eMAIL Setup on Android
If you have synced some other email services such as AT&T Webmail to your Android phone, linking your BT email with the BT webmail that will be provided below should be an easy task for you. However, we will still guide you through.
- Go to your Android phone settings via the app menu or by swiping down the notification tray and select the “Settings” gear icon to the top right.
- Scroll down and select “Accounts” and select “Add Account” on the “Next” screen.
- Select “Email.” Enter your BT email username and password when you are asked to provide them.
- Select “Manual Setup” at the bottom of the setting screen and select “POP3.”
- Go to “Incoming Server” and type “outlook.office365.com.”
- Set the “Port” as “995” and check “SSL” connect
- In the “Outgoing service” select “SMTP” and set the “Server” to “smtp.office365.com.”
- Your port for the outgoing server should be “587.”
- In the connection type input “TLC” and switch “ON” for authentication.
Note: Whenever you are providing your BT email address always complete it such as “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
How to Change BT Internet Email Password
If you feel that your BT email account is under threat or the password might have been compromised you can use the change BT email password option. Following this guide, you will get to know what to do to change your BT internet email password.
- Go to www.bt.com/mybt, enter your BT mail login password and user and then sign in to your account.
- Select “Settings” on the navigation.
- Tap “Edit Password” on “Your BT ID details” when you move down the settings page.
- Enter the “Old Password”, provide the “New Password, repeat the new password in the password column at the bottom and tap “Next.”
- A confirmation message will appear on your screen that you have successfully changed your BT mail password.
Henceforth, to access your BT connect email you need to provide the new password.
How to Reset BTConnect Email Password
Resetting your BTConnect password is different from changing the password. If you can regain your access to the BT connect email again you can use the password reset feature against changing the password feature when you can still sign in to your account.
However, the drawback is the type of BT connect email that you have. So, it’s more like we want to talk about reset BT Mail, BT Yahoo Mail, or BT ID password.
- Go to the BT Connect email login page on a web browser.
- Enter your BT email username and select the “Continue” tab.
- Enter the BT mail address again if you are prompted and select your BT domain.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to provide your BT security question and reset your password.
With this, you should be able to reset your BT connect email password and regain access back to your BT email.