ATT allows users to change both password and email address [user ID] at will to address the issue of the ATT account being compromised. It’s better to change AT&T Login password or the username if you think the login details have fallen into the wrong hand.
However, there are various ways to change AT&T password and username. You can change your AT&T password if you can still remember the old password from the AT&T web page.
The best way to change your AT&T login password is to use the “Forgot password” feature when you go to the AT&T homepage and click on it, enter your AT&T email address and click on send password.
This is the fastest though. But, you can also request for your AT&T Login password contacting AT&T customer service.
Unable to Change AT&T Login Password
There are few reasons why you won’t be able to use AT&T forgot password feature to reset your password if you can still remember your username.
Also, if you want to change your AT&T Email address, these reasons can stop you from changing it successfully if you can provide the exact information you provided when you created your login for AT&T.
- You must be able to provide answers to your AT&T security questions of you want to change your email address
- You must be able to provide an alternative email address if you can’t remember the default email.
- You won’t be able to change your AT&T password if you can’t validate your ZIP code correctly.
If you can’t provide the correct information when you want to change your login to AT&T you’ll be able to modify your password. However, changing your AT&T email password will change your AT&T access ID and you will only be able to login with the new password.
How to change AT&T Login from the Webpage
If you can log into your AT&T admin page with your old password you can create a new password with this.
- Visit myAT&T homepage on your browser
- In the USER ID column type your AT&T (email address) access ID
- Type your “Password” correctly into the column provided for the password
- Tap on the “Login” beneath
- Click on “Profile” in your “AT&T” dashboard
- Scroll to security information under user information and click on edit security information
- Enter your old and new password into the column provided
- Click on save changes to change AT&T login to the email address.
With this, your AT&T old password will be replaced with the new password and when next you want to log in, the old password will be invalid as you can now use the new password for your login.
Recover Forgotten AT&T Password
If you can’t remember your password to AT&T email address you can use the password recovery feature to change your password.
- Open your browser and visit AT&T homepage
- Click on the “forgot your password” under access your account
- Type your AT&T email address and your last name into the column provided
- Click on the continue button
- Select “I’ll answer my security questions” to provide answers to your AT&T security questions
- Provide your security questions answers correctly and type the new password
- Your AT&T password will be changed successfully
I can’t Remember my AT&T Security Questions
You should be able to remember your AT&T security questions if you can’t remember your old password. However, the security questions are what differentiate you from hackers that are trying to change your AT&T password.
However, you can use the “Send me a temporary password” to receive the temporary password in your AT&T alternate email to change your login password successfully.
Alternatively, if you can still remember your AT&T old password log in to your AT&T account and change the answers to your security questions before you use the forgot password feature to change your login password to AT&T.
The Temporary password sent to you by AT&T to recover your account password only last for some times after which it’ll expire. However, if you can’t provide an alternate email, old password forgotten, and you can provide answers to your AT&T security questions, I am afraid there is no way you’ll be able to change your AT&T email password.