I was playing around with my Facebook profile today I found out the date I created the account and I was like oh and I couldn’t believe my eyes! The account was opened almost 14 years ago.
Although since I created my first Facebook account I have created many more, some for personal use and some for business use.
To know when you created your Facebook account you only need to play around with your Facebook profile and you will be surprised that the account was open not just months but years.
So, before I dive into the tutorial let me first ask; when was your Facebook account created My first account was created a decade ago with about 5,000 Facebook friends and 300+ Facebook followers. Did you just say wow?
Let’s just have fun with this post checking when your Facebook account was opened. To make it fun, share this post with your friends to see who is old among you guys on Facebook.
And many more to discuss. So, be surreal that you follow the article to the end to unravel how to see when you created your Facebook account.
How to Check When Your Facebook Account was Created
If you are reading this post you probably want to check when your Facebook account was created to know how long you have been with Facebook as a patriotic user.
1. Open your browser on mobile or on your computer or on your Facebook app and log in to your Facebook account
2. On the Facebook app click on the three horizontal lines and then click on your view profile
3. Click on edit profile under your Facebook profile picture
4. Click on edit details and scroll down the page to see when you joined Facebook.
In my own case, I joined Facebook in December 2009 which few months down a decade. I can’t believe I have spent almost a year rocking Facebook, the most popular social network on the planet earth.
How to Check Facebook Years on the Web
Follow the steps below If you want to check which year your Facebook account was created. You need to use the official Facebook portal to check which year you joined Facebook and how many years you have spent Facebooking.
- Go to web.facebook.com on your web browser.
- Login with the Facebook details whose years you want to check.
- Click on your “Profile icon” to the top right and choose “Settings & Privacy.”
- Choose “Settings” again under “Settings & Privacy.”
- Click “Privacy” and click “View” on “Access Facebook Information.”
- Click on “Personal Information” on the left under “Your Information.“
- Go to “Your Account Creation Date” to see when your Facebook account was created.
The steps above show how to check Facebook years on the Facebook website on your browser.
How to Check How Many Years Your Facebook Account is on the Facebook App
How to check how many years your Facebook account is on the official Facebook mobile app is quite different from the steps to check your Facebook year on the official website.
Therefore, to learn how to check how many years your Facebook account is, kindly follow the steps below.
- Open the official Facebook app on your Android or iPhone/iPad.
- Click on your “Profile” picture at the top right.
- Scroll down and select “Settings & Privacy.”
- Choose “Settings.”
- Click on “Profile Settings” [you should see your Facebook name here].
- Scroll down and select “Your Facebook Information.”
- Scroll down to “Your Information” and select “Personal Information.“
- You should see which year your Facebook account was created under “Your account creation date.”
This is how to check how old a Facebook is using the official Facebook app on your Android.
How to Check When Was Your Facebook Created on Facebook Lite
How to check Facebook years on Facebook Lite is a bit similar to how to know your FB account created date we discussed above using the official app.
But since the Facebook lite app is a concise version of the Facebook mobile the process needs to be detailed. Therefore, we will consider how to know the FB account creation date on Facebook Lite by following the steps below.
- Open the Facebook Lite app and sign into your account.
- Click on the “Three Horizontal” line.
- Click on “Settings & Privacy” >> “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Your Facebook information” and choose “Access Profile Information.”
- Scroll to “Your Information” and click on “Personal Information.”
- You will see “Your account created date” under “Profile Information.“
How to Check Years of Facebook Accounts You Became Friends on Web
You can also keep track of when you became friends with someone on Facebook. So, here you will learn how to check years of Facebook accounts you became friends.
- Go to web.faceook.com and sign into your Facebook account.
- Click “Friends” on the left pane.
- Choose “All Friends” to reveal all your Facebook friends.
- Find and click on the name of your friend whose Facebook account creation years you want to know.
- Click on the “three dots” on the friend’s profile information navigation.
- Select “See Friendship” from the information that is displayed.
- Look closely in the “Things in Common” section and you will see the year you became friends.
This is straightforward enough to find out when you became friends with someone on Facebook on a desktop or via the official Facebook website.
How to Check When You Became a Friend on Facebook App
After learning how to check your Facebook account creation date you can also check when you became a friend with any of your Facebook friends.
- Open the Facebook mobile app.
- Click on the 4th icon on the navigation beside the Facebook marketplace or before the notifications bell.
- Click “See all Friends” under your Facebook feeds.
- Click on the name of the friend whose friendship information you want to know.
- Click on the 3 dots beside the messenger icon.
- Select “See Friendship” under “Profile Settings.”
- You will see when you guys become friends.
With this guide, you will not only learn how to check when a Facebook account was created. But, you will also get to know how to check when you become a friend with any of your Facebook friends.
When Did I Create My Facebook Account
I’ll reveal when I created my Facebook account below so that you can follow the same steps I use to know when I created my Facebook account to find out the date you created your Facebook account.
Launch the Facebook app >> Settings & Privacy >> Settings >> Profile Settings >> Access your Information >> Personal Information >>> Your account creation date.
That is how to find out when your Facebook account was created. Since Facebook has modified everything you need to play around with the profile settings to get when you create your Facebook account.
How to Check How Old a Facebook Account Is [Updated]
When I checked how old my Facebook was; I found out that my Facebook account age is 14 years old. So, here is how to check how old a Facebook account is.
- Sign in to your Facebook Account.
- Click on your “Facebook Profile” icon.
- Click on the “Settings & Privacy” gear icon.
- Choose “Profile Settings” under the “Settings & Privacy” option.
- Scroll down until you get to “Your Facebook Information” and select “Access Profile Information.”
- Scroll down to “Your Information” and click on “Personal Information.”
- You will see when your “Facebook Account was created” under “Profile Information.”
To find how old your Facebook account you then need to subtract your Facebook account creation date from the current date.
When Did I Create My Facebook Account
You can check when you created your Facebook account by following any of the steps we discussed above. We have showcased updated steps on the answer to your question “When did I create my Facebook account” either on your mobile phone or on the web.
Either way, you can find the exact year that your Facebook account was created. If you have an issue seeing the date or year that your Facebook account was created kindly leave a comment and we will be glad to improvise.
What about you? When was your Facebook account created? Yesterday or today or a decade ago? Let’s have fun via the comments. Tell us when you created your Facebook account.