This talk on Amazon Prime will address how to cancel your membership in time before you are charged. Amazon charged differently for different plans. The students’ plan is cheaper followed by the family plan. But the business plan is the most expensive. However, all plans have the same approach to terminate their membership. So, in this guide, we’ll walk you through how to cancel Amazon Prime membership and Amazon free trial.
Table of Contents
Amazon Prime Free Trial
Amazon offers 30 days free trial to all regular plans such as family and business plans. While the students’ plan last for 60 days and comes with a cheaper rate. However, while creating your free trial you will be prompted to choose a payment method and add payment details [IF] you selected credit card as your means of payment.
Meanwhile, after the free trial, Amazon will charge you for the plan you selected. So, it’s essential that you proceed to your Amazon account settings to cancel on your subscription before the trial period ends or before the end of the active subscription.
How to Find Membership Expiry Date
Should you choose to wait for Amazon to update you when your membership will expire you might not have enough time to cancel your membership. However, it worth it to know when the membership will expire.
- Go to the Amazon account page and log into your membership account.
- Hover your mouse pointer to your account profile with the “Hi” message and select your “Account”.
- Select “Prime” from the options available.
- A new page will come up detailing your Amazon Prime membership expiry date.
With this, you will know exactly when your Prime membership will expire and when it’s the right time to terminate your Prime membership on Amazon.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership on Web
Directly from the Amazon Prime portal in your account, you can terminate your subscription instantly. Here is the step by step procedure to cancel your Amazon free trial without being charged.
- Go to Amazon Prime Supports page.
- Click “End Membership” on the ” End Your Amazon Prime Membership” page.
- Sign in to your Amazon Prime free trial or paid account with your login credentials.
- Click “Continue to Cancel”.
- Click “End Now”.
- Click “Cancel” on the “Cancellation” page.
That is all you have to do to terminate your subscription on Amazon Prime. Meanwhile, your account will be active until the end of the billing cycle.
How to End Amazon Prime on Phone
If you are using either the Amazon Prime app for Android or iOS you can equally find your ways around it and cancel or upgrade your membership before the end of the active membership.
- Open the Amazon app on your phone.
- Click on the “Menu” button.
- Select your “Account” from the new page.
- Navigate to “Account Settings”.
- Click on “Manage Membership”.
- Log in to your Amazon Prime account using your email and password.
- Click on “End Membership for paid subscriber or “End Free trial” for free trial users.
- Select “Cancel my Benefits” from the options.
- Click on “End Now”.
Your Amazon free or membership plan should end now. However, If your membership expiry date is in a few days’ time. The subscription will be valid until then but you will not be charged without deleting your credit card or payment details.