You can pair and unpair Xfinity remote control. The process is vice-versa. Xfinity.com unpair easily unpair your remote control from a paired TV box or adapter. The term “Pair” on “Xfinity” referred to programming your Xfinity Voice Remote control to work with a particular TV box or adapter.
While the term “Unpair” when discussing “Xfinity Voice Remote Control” is referred to cancelling the programming so that the remote can work with other TV boxes or adapters.
Once an Xfinity Voice remote control is paired or programmed to work with a particular TV or adapter it cannot be used with another TV box or adapter again unless the connection is unpaired using the Xfinity.com/unpair webpage or using the Xfinity remote control to break the connection.
In this case, we will discuss both methods. We will discuss unpair Xfinity remote control from a TV box or adapter using the remote control or how to reset the Xfinity remote control from the paired or programmed connection. And to use unpair Xfinity remote control on www.xfinity.com/unpair.
Xfinity.comunpair is better written as xfinity.com/unpair. It contains an instruction to unpair different types of Xfinity remotes both with or without the voice command.
While you are expected to visit a dedicated webpage via xfinity.comunpair, it redirects you to a search engine [most times, your default search engine] and displays all relevant information regarding queries which is why you are here on this page.
Xfinity.com/unpair is the official Xfinity troubleshooting tips page where you will find all the instructions to unpair your Xfinity remote and technically everything pertaining to all Xfinity products.
However, this article will explain the prerequisite steps to take to unpair Xfinity remote.
Don’t Miss: How to Authorize Xfinity
Unpair Xfinity Remote on Xfinity.com Unpair
To unpair Xfinity remote TV control if your remote has the “Setup button”
- Press and hold the “Setup Button” until you see the green light turned red. This is typical within 3-5 seconds.
- To reset the remote and break the connection press “9-8-1.” Wait until the status green link blinks twice to reset the pairing. If the green light failed to blink twice to indicate that the remote has been unpair then you need to repeat the process again.
So, even without visiting Xfinitu.com/unpair and signing in to your Xfinity account, you can easily reset and unpair your voice remote control from the programmed devices.
Xfinity.com Unpair without Setup Button
However, if your remote control doesn’t have the ‘Setup button” and has a number key just like XR15 Xfinity X1 or Flex Voice Remote you can follow the procedures below to reset the remote and take control of it.
- Press and hold the remote ” A (triangle) and D (diamond)” simultaneously [that is at the same time] and wait for a couple of seconds, say about 3 – 5 seconds until the red status light change to green.
- Press “9-8-1″ while you keep your eyes on the status light and watch it blink twice to reset and unpair the remote from the programmed device.
The paired remote control will now be unpaired. At this time, you can use the remote with other available and supported TV boxes and TVs. But, once programmed with a new device it cannot be used to control another device until the pairing is unpaired.
Xfinity.com/unpair Remote Without Number keys and no Setup Button
This is seen in the XR16 Xfinity Flex Voice Remote. To reset the remote and unpair the programmed remote control from the paired TV box or adapter is relatively easy.
For XR16 Xfinity Flex Voice Remote Xfinity.com unpair
- Press and hold both the XR16 Xfinity Flex Voice Remote “Info” and “Home” together for 3 seconds or 5 seconds until you see that the LED light flashes.
- Do the following in sequence… Press “Power, Last (Last Arrow <-) and Volume Down (–).”
This will reset and unpair the remote. Once this is done the voice remote will no longer respond to voice commands until it’s paired to an X1 device or any available device that supports the voice remote.
Note: If the Xfinity voice remote does not work after it has been unpaired you need to do simple troubleshooting as this will reset the remote and reinstate it to a working state. If the troubleshooting failed then you need to do a factory reset. For more guidance, we will refer you to the Xfinity help centre.
How to Unpair Xfinity Remote
How to unpair Xfinity remote is quite simple and straightforward. While there are two ways you can follow to unpair your Xfinity remote. Both methods work well to unpair your Xfinity remote.
How to Unpair Xfinity Remote without a Setup Button
This works for Xfinity remote without a setup button such as the XR15 Xfinity X1 and Flex Voice Remote.
- Press and hold “A & D” together for 3 seconds.
- Release the buttons once the status light changes from “red” to “green.”
- Press 9-8-1 to unpair your Xfinity remote.
- Your Xfinity remote is unpaired once the status light blinks blue twice.
At this point, your Xfinity remote will be ready to pair with a new TV box or TV without a problem.
Xfinity.com Unpair Instructions for Remote without Number Keys and Setup Button.
Below are the Xfinity.com unpair instructions if your Xfinity remote is without number keys and a setup button… This method works perfectly for XR16 Xfinity Flex Voice Remote.
- Press and hold the (i) and Home button at the same time for 3 seconds.
- Release the buttons once the LED flashes.
- Press the Power button >> Last (Last Arrow <) >> Volume Down (–)
Your voice command remote will no longer respond to your once command once you have unpaired it. To use it again, you will need to pair it with your X1 or streaming TV box to enable the feature.
How to Unpair Xfinity Flex Remote
It’s quite easy to unpair Xfinity Flex remote even as a novice. Therefore, we will explain in simple language the steps to take to unpair your Xfinity flex remote.
Follow the steps below to unpair Flex remote and XR15 Xfinity X1 remote
- Press and hold the A and D buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- Release the buttons the status light changes from red to green.
- Press 9-8-1 on the remote.
- Your Flex remote unpaired is completed once the status light blinks blue light twice.
That is how to disconnect Xfinity remote from the TV. With this; your unpair flex remote nightmare should be resolved.
How to Unpair XR16 Remote
The steps to take to unpair XR16 remote are different from the steps to take to unpair XR15 remote. So, to unpair your XR16 Xfinity remote kindly follow the steps below.
- Turn on your XR16 remote.
- Press the “Power” and “Menu” buttons at the same time.
- Press the “UP” and “DOWN” buttons at the same time.
- Navigate to and select “Restore Default.”
- Select “OK.”
The steps below will reset your XR16 Xfinity remote and return all the settings to default including removing all paired devices.
Xfinity XR16 Remote Not Working
You are not alone if you are experiencing the Xfinity XR16 remote not working after pairing it. So, here, we will take a close look at how to fix the Xfinity xr16 remote not working.
How to Fix XR16 Remote not Working with a Setup Button
Below are the steps to take if your Xfinity XR16 remote is not working with a setup button.
- Press the “Setup” button.
- Release the button once the LED changes from red to green.
- Press “9 & 8 & 1” without the quotes.
- The LED will blink twice to confirm that the remote has been reset.
With the XR16 remote reset to the default, it should work fine if it doesn’t before. This also works well with Comcast remote. It’s easy as saying how to unpair XR16 remote is the same as how to unpair Comcast remote.
XR16 Remote Reset
If you check the Xfinity.com unpair instruction page you will find out there is no particular instruction on how to reset this particular Xfinity remote. If you have the XR11 you wouldn’t have a problem doing this but the XR16 seems impossible. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to reset.
So, here, we will explain the steps to take for the XR16 remote reset procedures.
- Press and hold down the “Info (i button) + Home (house button) for three seconds.
- Release both buttons once the LED light flashes.
- Press the power, Last (left arrow button) and Volume Down (- button).
With the steps above; your XR16 Xfinity remote will be reset and restored to the factory setup.
Reset Xfinity Flex Remote
Here in this aspect of Xfinity.com/unpair instructions we will consider how to reset Xfinity flex remote to the default.
- Press and hold the Info (i) button and the Home button (house icon) at the same time.
- Let go off both buttons once the status light on the remote blinks.
- Press Power, the Last (<- arrow) and the Volume Down (-) button on your remote in sequence to complete a factory reset.
With the steps above, you should see your Xfinity flex remote reset to the default or factory settings.
How to Disconnect Xfinity Remote from TV
You cannot disconnect your Xfinity remote from your TV by just removing the battery because when next you insert a new battery the remote will be paired with your TV automatically.
Therefore, we will quick reveal how to disconnect Xfinity remote from TV without removing the batteries.
- Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons at the same time for three seconds until the status light changes from red to green. Enter 9-8-1 on the remote.
Once the LED status light blinks twice the remote has been unpaired from your TV and it’ll disconnect from the TV completely.
How to Unpair and Repair Xfinity Remote
Both the steps to unpair and repair Xfinity remote are simple and straightforward. We have discussed virtually how to unpair Xfinity remote in this guide, and here, we will take a look at how to repair Xfinity remote once it has been disconnected from your TV.
- Press and hold your Xfinity remote (i) button for about 5 seconds.
- The voice remote light will change from red to green.
- Enter the three digit pairing code on your screen.
- Once the code is entered correctly your remote will be paired successfully.