How to activate Pluto TV on Samsung Smart TV. Pluto TV is a free streaming service replacing cable providers’ networks in no time. Pluto TV supports a variety of smart TVs such as Apple TV, Samsung TV, Firestick, Roku, and now, LG smart TV. You should start using it on your smart TV
This article will cover the following.
- How to download and install Pluto TV on your Samsung TV.
- How to get Pluto TV activation code.
- How to use the Pluto activation code on your Samsung Smart TV.
- How to access my.plutp.tv/activate.
- How to Fix Pluto TV not working on your Samsung Smart TV
Now, we will explain each of the above headlines to make Pluto Tv works on your Samsung smart TV.
How to Sign into Pluto TV on Samsung Smart TV
There are two ways to sign into pluto TV on your Samsung smart TV. Both options depend on the one you preferred the most. You can sign into Pluto TV on your mobile using the activation code or visit the official Pluto TV on your Samsung smart TV.
With that being said, we will consider how to sign into Pluto TV on Samsung smart TV using both methods.
How to Activate Pluto TV
To activate Pluto TV on all compatible devices, follow the lead below.
- Go to Channel 02 on the guide OR click Activate -on the left side of the guide.
- Here you will get the Pluto TV activation code located at the top of the screen.
- Log in to your Pluto account >>Tap my Pluto on your smartphone>> Tap “Activate” >> Enter the Pluto TV activation code.
The only thing you need to activate the Pluto TV on your Samsung TV in the steps above is the activation code.
How to Sign into Pluto TV on Samsung Smart TV using a Browser
You do not need the Pluto TV activation code in this scenario to sign into Pluto TV on your Samsung TV. All you need to do is follow through the process below to complete the whole activation process.
- Go to my.pluto.tv/activate on your phone browser or web browser.
- Tap “Sign in” or create a new account.”
- Type your Pluto TV username and password.
- Tap “Activate”
- Follow the on-screen instruction.
In less than a minute, the free streaming device will be activated on your device.
How to Activate Pluto TV on Samsung Smart TV
Pluto TV provides a straightforward approach to activating the free streaming service on Samsung Smart TV using the 6 digit Pluto TV activation code.
- Switch on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to “Settings >> General >> Network Settings >> Wi-Fi name >> Enter Wi-Fi password >> Tap Done >> OK to connect your Smart TV to the internet.
- Tap “Menu >> Smart Hub >> Samsung Account >> Sign in >> Enter login details >>Sign In >> Image to distinguish your Samsung account from others >> Done to log in to your Samsung account.
- From Home screen >> Apps >> My Apps >> Search button.
- Type “Pluto TV” and select it from the suggested apps.
- Tap “Install” to download and install the Pluto TV app on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Tap “Add” to add the “Pluto App” to your Samsung TV home screen.
- Tap “Open” to launch the app on your TV and start exploring the channel for free.
The step-by-step above works on all Samsung Smart TVs except the 2013 version. While trying to activate Pluto TV on Samsung Smart TV 2013, it was impossible to download the streaming app using Blueray due to the limited app available on Blueray.
How to Fix Pluto TV not Working on Samsung Smart TV
The Pluto TV can stop working, or the app can crash at any point in time or not load. However, it’s your choice to fix it. Therefore, here are some notable approaches to fixing Pluto TV not working on Samsung Smart TV.
- Cold boot the TV.
- Update Samsung Smart TV software.
- Delete the app from the TV and download it again.
- Reset Smart Hub on your TV.
How to Cold Boot Samsung Smart TV
Cold booting your Samsung Smart TV is different from restarting your TV. The normal shutdown doesn’t really shut down your TV because the TV is still on standby mode.
Therefore, when you’d boot your Samsung Smart TV, it restarts the TV completely without putting it in standby mode.
There are, however, two ways to cold boot a Samsung Smart TV.
- Using remote.
- Unplugging your TV.
Remote: Press and hold the TV power button on your remote control until the TV is turned off and on. This will completely shut down the TV rather than put it on standby mode.
Unplug: Without the remote control, you can cold boot your Smart TV. To cold boot, your Samsung Smart TV, unplug the TV from the socket for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and plug it in again.
How to Update Samsung Smart TV Software
Activate Pluto TV on Samsung Smart TV could hit a deadlock if the TV’s OS is outdated. In a bid to fix Pluto TV not working on Samsung Smart TV, we will proceed to update the TV software.
- Navigate to Settings
- Hover to “Support” and select it.
- Navigate to “Software” and select it.
- Click “OK” on “Update Now.”
- The new OS update will be downloaded and installed on your TV.
Another option will appear asking to download later. Don’t choose the option to fix the “Pluto TV not working on Smart Samsung TV.
Delete and Reinstall Pluto TV App
Deleting the Pluto TV app will fix the “Pluto TV not working on Samsung Smart TV.” Now, we will walk you through how to remove/delete the Pluto TV app from your Samsung Smart TV.
- Press the “Home” button on your remote control.
- Navigate to “Apps.”
- Tap on “Settings” at the top right.
- Tap the “Pluto TV” app
- Tap “Delete.”
- Tap “Delete” to confirm from the popup
Restart the TV and open the Pluto TV app on the device.