Discover the most straightforward way to cancel an upload on Instagram, thereby terminating unwanted Instagram uploads with ease.
Social media as a system proven to be one of the essential tools of modern times. It not only helps to connect people but also to spread new companies and technologies for success. One of the most used social media platforms of recent times has turned out to be Instagram. Not only can you post photos and videos on Instagram, but you can also access additional features such as stories and IGTV.
While many of you are already familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of these features, you can sometimes charge a fee that you have not even planned. If you’re looking for a way to cancel your upload, you’re on the perfect website.
Please read our guide below for everything you need to know to cancel a continuous upload to Instagram. Let us begin.
Can you Cancel an Upload on Instagram?
Yes, constant uploads to Instagram servers can quickly be canceled by your side.
While Instagram doesn’t give you a proper way to do this, there is a quick fix that can help you ensure that your accidental post doesn’t load on Instagram that was listed at the end. Depending on your device and operating system, you can choose an alternative solution that best suits your needs. Here are some workarounds.
Note: Although the workarounds work 99% of the time, they depend heavily on the speed and reflections of your network. So if you’re on a 5G network or fast enough to be ready to load and load in seconds, you may find it difficult to cancel your ongoing downloads.
Can you Prevent an Instagram Post from Being Sent?
If you want to send someone a specific message and stop downloading, you can try the airplane mode method described below.
While there can be no guarantee that posts and downloads will be sent to DM immediately, you can try it at any time and see if it works for you. Many users have reported that the method works while users have repeatedly reported errors on faster networks. Give it a try and see if the technique works for your interest.
How to Stop Video Upload or Sending Posts on Instagram?
These are the two main ways to stop your Instagram uploads quickly and easily.
- Turn on your phone’s Airplane mode and then cancel the post.
It’s a simple trick that uses network downtime to cancel instant upload to Instagram. You must use this method when you upload the post to Instagram. If you use it while Instagram is adding the finishing touches, this method may not work for you.
How to Cancel an Upload on Instagram Posts on iOS
- While charging, swipe up on your device from the top right corner of the screen to access the control panel and activate airplane mode.
- After activation, return to Instagram, and a menu icon “3 points” should appear next to the loaded post. Tap on it.
- Instagram now offers you three options for your blocked post. Please try again soon, post later, or delete the post. Tap Delete Message to cancel the download.
- Instagram should now cancel the download and delete it from the app cache.
- Confirm the same by forcing the Instagram app to close the multitasking menu and reopen it to check the post in your Instagram feed.
How to Cancel an Upload on Instagram Posts on Android
- Swipe down to access the notification screen and activate Airplane mode as soon as possible.
- Wait a few seconds, and Instagram should now lose access to your network. In airplane mode, your current post is shown at the top of your feed. Touch the “3 points” icon next to it.
- You will now see a small dialog with three options, in which you can decide how you want to deal with the interrupted load. Press “Delete Message” to cancel the upload.
- The further upload to Instagram should now be canceled. You can confirm this by disabling airplane mode and checking your profile page on Instagram.
Tip: Make sure you close and reopen the Instagram app before going back to your profile page.
Clear Application Memory
This method works the same as airplane mode but takes advantage of Android’s ability to clear your app’s cache and memory. Let’s see how you can use this function to cancel your upload to Instagram.
Press the menu button in the navigation bar of your smartphone and force the Instagram app to close. Now go to the Settings app and tap on “Apps & Notifications.”
- Tap “Show all apps” to see a list of all apps installed on your device.
- Scroll down to find Instagram and tap to see your options.
- Tap “Storage and Cache.”
- Now press “Clear cache.” This clears the cache of the Instagram app, which cancels the download you started.
Your download should now be canceled, and you should now be able to make any necessary changes before continuing the download.
Note: Although this method is known to work, it is not as reliable as the Airplane Mode method. This is because Android allows apps to run in the background, and Instagram may load when you click “Clear Cache.”
Why are my uploaded videos/stories blocked for a long time?
If your uploaded videos can no longer be downloaded for a long time, your upload may be longer than Instagram’s time limit. With Instagram, you can only upload videos of up to 60 seconds in length to your feed.
When you try to add videos to your Instagram stories, the maximum limit for your videos is 15 seconds. Exceeding this limit can cause your load to fail temporarily. Instagram also has resolution restrictions to ensure optimal reading for all users.
This limit is 1080p, and anything higher is compressed by Instagram and then uploaded to your profile. Depending on your video, this can be time-consuming and not always a reliable process and can often get stuck in the middle due to errors.
If your Instagram video download has been blocked for some time, cancel the download and make sure your video is subject to Instagram restrictions. Then you can start the download again as soon as your video meets the limits of Instagram.