YouTube Premium allows users to use YouTube without displaying ads. If you use YouTube often you’d have come across this countless times. It cost a few dollars to start using YouTube Premium per month and you can cancel it at any time. So, in this article, you will learn how to cancel YouTube TV free trial.
The basic difference between the normal YouTube service with ads [YouTube basic] and YouTube premium [without ads] is ad display on YouTube videos and on the entire YouTube page to generate revenue for YouTubers.
With that, you can decide to cancel the YouTube free trial before the next payment date. Meanwhile, you need to link a credit or debit card or PayPal to your YouTube TV account to complete the payment.
With this, YouTube will be able to charge the payment method for the monthly due after the YouTube TV free trial.
Therefore, we will consider how to cancel YouTube TV trial in this guide on all smart and streaming devices we have used in the past./
Note: YouTube ads will reappear on your YouTube TV account when you downgrade from the premium to the basic plan.
Cancelling YouTube TV Free Trial
There are two options available when it comes to cancelling YouTube TV free trial. You can choose to…
- Cancel your YouTube free trial
- Pause your YouTube TV.
You can always resume the service if your pause it. But if cancelled, you’d need to resubscribe to the YouTube TV service again after the free trial.
Meanwhile, you can only use one YouTube TV free trial per Google Gmail account.
How to Cancel YouTube TV Free Trial
You can literally cancel the YouTube free trial on any device. So, here, we will consider how to cancel YouTube TV free trial on the following devices.
- Desktop (Windows/Mac)
- Android OS
- iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod)
How to Cancel YouTube Free Trial on Desktop
To cancel the YouTube TV trial for all desktops (Windows, macOS) kindly follow the steps below.
- Open a browser on your PC
- Visit tv.youtube.com.
- Sign in to the YouTube account with the free trial with your Google account. You can also use a non-google account to create a YouTube account depending on your choice.
- Click on your YouTube profile picture located at the top right.
- Click on the “Gear Settings” icon under “Manage your YouTube account.”
- Click on the YouTube TV settings icon.
- Click on Membership
- Tap Pause or Cancel Membership.
- Now, instead of YouTube canceling your YouTube TV account straight, YouTube would attempt to make you pause the subscription. You will be prompted to pause the subscription for 8 weeks and come back later.
- But since you are interested in unsubscribing from the YouTube TV free trial or premium membership after your free trial, click on “Cancel Membership” at the bottom right on the “Pause Membership screen.”
- On the “Next” screen, select the main reason why you are closing your YouTube TV paid membership and click on the “Continue Cancelling” tab that is located at the bottom right.
- Click on “Cancel Membership” on the next screen to completely close your access to YouTube’s premium service that removes ads and other benefits from your account.
Note: If you choose other reasons when choosing the reason why you want to cancel YouTube TV free trial YouTube will ask you to state the reason to continue.
How to Cancel YouTube TV Free Trial on iPhone
There is no direct method to cancel YouTube TV on iPhone and iPad at the moment even if you subscribed to the service on iTunes.
So, if you are using an iPhone or iPad, you either use a computer or rely on YouTube mobile website to cancel your YouTube TV subscription.
We, however, recommended how to cancel YouTube TV free trial on desktops for iPhone and iPad users on the iOS Safari browser.
How to Cancel YouTube TV Trial
And as for Android users, follow the steps below to cancel your YouTube TV subscription on your Android OS devices.
- Open the YouTube app on your Android phone. You can download the app from here if the app isn’t a built-in app on your phone.
- Click on the profile icon at the top right.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon from the drop menu.
- Click on the “Membership.“
- Click “Manage” on the basic plan you subscribed to.
- Click on the “Pause or Cancel Membership” on the page.
- YouTube will pop up some campaigns to convince you not to cancel the subscription but rather than pause the plan for about 8 weeks. To proceed with the option to cancel the YouTube TV subscription click on the “Cancel” button at the bottom right.
- You will be prompted to choose at least one reason why you are cancelling your YouTube TV subscription. If none of the reasons defined why you are taking a break from the platform paid plan, select others and state the reason after which you need to click on “Continue Cancelling.”
- Click on “Cancel Membership.”
In the end, YouTube will cancel your subscription after the active plan has expired. If you are doing this for YouTube TV free trial, you must proceed to cancel the free trial before it expires so that you will not be charged for the service.
How to Remove YouTube Free Trial Credit or Debit Card
You can easily manage your payment methods on YouTube premium before or after the free trial. With this, you can ascertain that you will not be charged after YouTube cancel the free trial.
So, here, we will detail how to manage your credit or debit card on YouTube premium on the following devices.
- Desktop (Windows or macOS)
- iOS (iPhone & iPad)
How to Delete YouTube Premium Payment on Desktops & Android
Follow the steps below to remove or delete your YouTube premium payment on desktops and Android.
- Open a browser on your desktop.
- Go to “Google Play.”
- Sign in to the Google account with your Gmail and password.
- Choose “Payment Methods.”
- Click “Remove” to remove the linked credit or debit card.
- Click “Remove” from the popup to remove and delete the payment method.
The payment method will be removed from your YouTube and no transaction will be able to take place without your permission or without adding the same card as your YouTube TV payment method.
How to Remove Debit Card from YouTube TV on iPhone/iPad
Since there is no direct way to cancel YouTube TV trial on iOS so also you cannot remove or delete your debit card from YouTube on iPhone or iPad YouTube TV app directly but you can remove it through the Apple page.
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Click on “Apple ID.”
- Click on the “Payment Method” option.
- Unlock your iPhone/iPad with either “Face or Touch ID.“
- Click on the “YouTube TV payment” method from the list.
- Click “Remove Payment Method” at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Remove” from the popup.
With this, you have successfully caught connections with the YouTube TV free trial or subscription. However, all other payments that are linked to this card on your iOS device will be terminated.