Majority of us think YouTube TV is totally free but it’s not. For 15 years, YouTube remains the major video search engine. However, YouTube reward creators with the opportunity to put ads on their videos and make money from viewers and supporters. But, you can remove ads from YouTube TV with YouTube free trial or a full subscription. So, if you have subscribed to YouTube TV paid plan or YouTube TV free trial, here is a guide to learn how to cancel YouTube TV free trial.
It’s a lot easier to subscribe to YouTube TV premier free trial than to cancel it. With a single click, your YouTube account will be upgraded from YouTube basic to YouTube premium. And if you added your credit card to your YouTube account during the free trial, here is a quick step to take to remove your credit card and unsubscribe from the paid plan.
Note: YouTube ads will reappear on your YouTube TV account when you downgrade from premium to basic plan.
How to Cancel YouTube TV + Free Trial
Here is a quick step to take to pause or cancel your YouTube TV premium plan plus the free trial.
- Open a browser on either your phone or PC and go to tv.youtube.com
- Sign in to the YouTube account with the free trial with your Google account. You can also use a non-google account to create a YouTube account depending on your choice.
- Click on your YouTube profile picture located at the top right.
- Click on the “Gear Settings” icon under “Manage your YouTube account.”
- Navigate to YouTube TV settings >> Membership >> Pause or Cancel Membership.
- Now, instead of YouTube to cancel your YouTube TV account straight, YouTube would attempt to make you pause the subscription. You will be prompted to pause the subscription for 8 weeks and come back later.
- But since you are interested in unsubscribing from the YouTube TV free trial or premium membership after your free trial, click on “Cancel Membership” to the bottom right on the “Pause Membership screen.”
- On the “Next” screen, select the main reason why you are closing your YouTube TV paid membership and click on “Continue Cancelling” tab that is located at the bottom right.
- Click on “Cancel Membership” on the next screen to completely close your access to YouTube premium service that remove ads and other benefits from your account.
Note: If you choose other when choosing the reason why you want to cancel YouTube TV (free trial) you will be asked to state the reason to continue.
How to Cancel YouTube TV Free Trial on Mobile
There is no direct method to cancel YouTube TV on iPhone and iPad at the moment even if you subscribed to the service on iTunes. So, if you are using an iPhone or iPad, you either use a computer or rely on YouTube mobile website to cancel your YouTube TV subscription. And as for Android users, follow the steps below to cancel YouTube TV subscription on your Android OS devices.
- Open the YouTube app on your Android phone. You can download the app from here if the app isn’t a built-in app on your phone.
- Click on the profile icon to the top right and click on “Settings.”
- You should see “Membership” option in your account settings, click on it.
- Click on the “Pause or Cancel Membership” on the page.
- YouTube will popup some campaign to convince you not to cancel the subscription rather pause the plan for about 8 weeks. To proceed with the option to cancel the YouTube TV subscription click on the “Cancel” button to the bottom right.
- You will be prompted to choose at least one reason why you are cancelling your YouTube TV subscription. If none of the reasons defined why you are taking a break from the platform paid plan, select others and state the reason after which you need to click on “Continue Cancelling.”
- Click on “Cancel Membership.”
In the end, YouTube will cancel your subscription after the active plan has expired. If you are doing this for YouTube TV free trial, you must proceed to cancel the free trial before it expires so that you will not be charged for the service.