You are tired of saying hey Siri and you need something better than the default hey Siri. If you have ever wondered whether you can change Siri’s name to something different. If that is the case, this article is for you, as we will look at the possibility of changing Siri’s name and how to go about it.
Siri is Apple’s intelligent assistant that you can use to make calls, send texts, and get other things done conveniently.
You can use Siri on every apple device, from the iPhone to the iPad and Macs.
Since it is sort of a personalized intelligent assistant, it is no surprise that you might be looking to change the name to something more personal that you’d prefer. It could be your name or the name of your pet or something very darling to you that the usual Siri all iOS users are used to.
So this article will look at how possible it is to change Siri’s name.
How to Change Siri’s Name
If you have been using Siri for a while now, and you are beginning to think you’d like to change Siri’s name to something more personal to you. Still, the sad news is right now; Apple has not created the functionality that will allow you to be able to change Siri’s Name, mainly because Siri is patented and trademarked for the Apple operating system.
While there are other customizations you can make to Siri, like changing its accent and gender to suit you and the name that Siri calls you, you cannot change Siri’s Name.
When this feature is available, we will be sure to update this article, but in the meantime, you can customize certain features on Siri by following the steps in this section of the article.
You can change Siri’s accent and gender by following the instructions below.
- Go to Settings on your Apple device (Mac, Ipad,iPhone).
- Then select the Siri and search option.
- Then select the accent you prefer from the available list.
- Then select the gender you’d prefer from the available options.
If you followed the instructions above, you have been able to customize Siri’s gender and accent to suit your preference, so even if you cannot change Siri’s name, you have been able to customize it closer to your preference.
You can also check out How to Setup your HomePod or HomePod Mini.
How to Change Siri’s Name to Jarvis
Siri and Jarvis are two different intelligent virtual assistants. Siri is Apple’s virtual assistant that is patented and built into the Apple OS, while Jarvis is a simple home assistant that the CEO of Facebook(now Meta) created in 2016 to run his home.
Siri does not have a provision for changing its name, so you cannot change Siri’s name to Jarvis.
You can only change Siri’s accent and gender by following the steps below.
- Navigate to Settings on your preferred Apple device and click on Siri, and search.
- Then choose the accent you’d prefer from the available accent list and your preferred gender from the available gender options.
Siri will then begin to respond to your commands using the accent and gender you just selected.
How do you Change Hey Siri to Just Siri?
Due to the way Siri is designed, it locally gets activated when you say hey Siri or when you use the Siri button located next to the search icon at the top right corner of your screen.
You cannot change saying hey Siri to just saying Siri, but you can prevent Siri from listening to the hey Siri voice command by disabling it and just using the Siri button to start your interaction with Siri.
You can turn off the Hey Siri feature by following the instructions below.
- Go to settings on your Apple device and select Siri and Search.
- Then toggle off the listen for hey Siri button to disable the feature.
Once you have turned off the listen for hey Siri feature, Siri will no longer respond to that command, and you can always turn it on whenever you feel like using it.
Once you have turned off the feature, the only way you can now access Siri is through the Siri button on your screen.
How to Change Siri’s Voice
While you cannot change Siri’s name, you can always change its voice to an accent that you prefer from the different accent lists available and also change its gender, which also plays a role in determining the voice with which Siri will respond to your command.
You can change Siri’s voice by following the instructions below.
- Navigate to Siri and Search from your Apple device.
- Then select accent and choose the accent you’d prefer from the options available.
- Then select gender and choose your preferred gender from the options available.
Once you have made these selections, Siri will begin to respond to your command with its new voice.
How to Change Siri’s Wake Word
Siri’s wake word is hey Siri, as it is the sentence that activates Siri locally and allows it to prepare to receive and execute other commands you might have for it.
However, the wake word is programmed in a way that you cannot change it. You only have the option of disabling Siri from listening to your hey Siri voice command and only accessing Siri using the Siri button on your screen.
You can always disable the Hey Siri wake word on your device by following the steps below.
- Navigate to Siri and Search from the settings menu of your Apple device.
- Then turn off the listen to Hey Siri feature by toggling on the button next to it.
Once you have turned off this feature, Siri will no longer listen to the voice command, and you will only be able to access Siri by clicking the Siri button on your screen.
How to Change Siri’s Name to Alexa
Due to the way Siri is programmed, you cannot change Siri’s name to Alexa. Also, Alexa is popularly known as Amazon’s cloud-based virtual assistant technology that is majorly used on Amazon and other third-party platforms.
So you cannot change Siri’s name to Alexa or any other name apart from Siri.
You can, however, customize Siri’s accent and gender following the steps below.
- Go to Siri and search from the Settings menu on your Apple device.
- Then go to accent and select your preferred accent from the available list.
- Then select your preferred gender from the available gender.
Then Siri will begin to respond to your commands using the accent and gender you have selected.
How to Change the Name Siri Calls You
While you cannot change Siri’s name, you can always change the name Siri call you.
All you have to do to change the name Siri calls you on your iPhone and iPad is to follow the instructions below.
- Launch the Contacts app on your device and click on the plus button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then if the new name you want Siri to call you is not already in the contacts folder, you should create a contact with the name and tap done to save it.
- Then go to the settings app and click on Siri and search.
- Then click on my information and select the new name you want Siri to call you from your contact list.
By following the instructions below, you can also change the name Siri calls you on your MAC.
- Open the Contacts app on your MAC, and create new contact information with the name you want Siri to call you if you do not currently have the name on your contact list.
- Then select the contact card containing the name you want Siri to call you.
- Then from the menu bar, click card and select the make this my card option.
Once you have followed the necessary instructions on any of the devices, Siri will begin to call you the new name you prefer when interacting with it.
How to Change Siri’s Name on Homepod
You cannot change Siri’s name on your Homepod. However, following the instruction below, you can customize its accent and gender.
- Open the Home app on your iPhone and select Homepod from the favourite accessories list.
- Then select the Homepod you want to make changes to and click on the details option.
- Then click on the Siri tab and select the Siri voice option.
- Then change Siri’s gender and accent from the submenu that will appear on the screen.
Once you have done this, Siri will begin to respond to your commands using the gender and accent you have selected.
This article has explained that you cannot change Siri’s name due to Siri’s programming, trademark, and patent. However, you can still customize Siri’s voice and gender to suit your preference.