The easiest way to free up some spaces on iCloud is to delete unwanted and duplicate photos and videos from the server. So, if you’d like to know more about how to delete photos from iCloud here is a complete guide for you.
This article is meant for educational purposes only because unsolicited usage can lead to the loss of properties that you might not be able to recover.
Therefore, be sure you want to delete these photos because you cannot recover them once you have deleted them permanently.
iCloud is Apple’s provision that allows you to store and sync data across all your Apple devices.
The data could be your photos, documents, texts, and apps that you use, and with iCloud, you could easily access them on any of your synced devices.
However, when you set up your iCloud, you only automatically get 5GB storage for your use, after which you’d have to pay for an iCloud upgrade.
Suppose you are already running low on storage space and unwilling to pay for an upgrade. It might be a good idea to delete photos from iCloud, especially if they are old photos or multiple copies that you can do without, to save storage space for other purposes.
The next section of this article will explain the various methods you can use to delete photos from iCloud.
How to Delete Photos from iCloud
Suppose you are running out of storage space on your iCloud, with some old photos or multiple copies of photos; you can delete some of the copies to free up space from iCloud.
In that case, there are different methods you can use to do this, and this section of the article will be looking how you can delete photos from iCloud using the available methods.
How to Delete Photos from iCloud on iPhone
You can delete Photos from iCloud using your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Open the photos app and click on the library at the bottom of the screen.
- Then click on all photos and tap select.
- Then choose the photo(s) or video(s) you’d like to delete and click delete.
- Then click on delete photo to remove the photos.
How to Delete Photos from iCloud on iPad.
You can follow the instructions below to delete photos from iCloud using your iPad.
- Launch the Photos app and select the library from the bottom of your screen.
- Then tap all photos and choose select.
- Then select all the photo(s) and (videos) you want to delete.
- Finally, click delete and tap delete photos to complete the process.
How to Delete Photos from iCloud on iPod Touch
You can use your iPod touch to delete photos from iCloud by simply following the basic steps below.
- Open the Photos app on your iPod touch and click on the library at the bottom of the screen.
- Then click on all photos and click select.
- Then click on the video(s) and photo(s) you want to delete and click delete.
- Then click on delete photos to remove the media content from your iCloud.
How to Delete Photos from iCloud on MAC
Follow the steps below to delete photos from iCloud using your MAC.
- Open the photos app and select the photos and videos you want to delete.
- Then you can press the delete key on your keyboard, control-click, or right-click and choose delete photos.
- Then click delete to confirm and complete the process.
How to Delete Photos from iCloud on the iCloud Website.
You can delete photos on iCloud using the iCloud website by following the instructions below.
- Open the browser on any device of your choice and go to https://www.icloud.com/
- Then sign in with your Apple ID and select the photos app.
- Then select the photos and videos you want to delete and tap delete.
- Finally, click on delete to remove the content from your iCloud storage.
Depending on the device you are using, you can use any of the methods explained in this article’s section to delete photos from iCloud.
Once you have deleted the photos, you can use the free storage space to store the content as you deem fit.
You can learn about How to Change Your iCloud Email Address.
How to Delete Photos From iCloud But Not iPhone.
If you’d like to delete photos from your iCloud but still leave the pictures on your iPhone, the solution is to disable iCloud photos from your iPhone before deleting them.
You can disable iCloud photos on your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Go to your iPhone’s settings and click on your Apple ID.
- Then click on iCloud and select photos.
- Then toggle off iCloud photos.
Once you have followed these instructions, deleting photos on your iCloud will not delete the photos on your iPhone. However, this would also affect adding photos to your iPhone or iCloud as your iPhone photos would no longer sync to your iCloud.
After you have turned off iCloud photos on your iPhone, you can go to the iCloud website and delete your photos by following the instructions below.
- Open your iPhone’s browser and go to iCloud’s website.
- Then sign in to your account, and click on the photos app.
- Then click the photo(s) and video(s) you want to delete and click delete.
- Then tap delete to confirm your selection.
Since you have already disenabled the iCloud photos on your iPhone, the photos would only be deleted on the iCloud and other Apple devices synced to your iCloud photos.
How to Delete iCloud storage
iCloud storage is a platform made available for Apple users to store data that can sync across their Apple devices.
While you cannot delete iCloud storage, you can delete backups and turn off iCloud backups on any of your Apple devices.
For your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, you can delete your backup and turn it off by following the instructions below.
- Go to your device settings and click on your name.
- Then click on iCloud and select manage account storage.
- Then click on backups and select the name of the device you want to delete its backup.
- Then click on delete backup.
- Finally, turn off the backup for the device by toggling the turn-off and delete buttons.
You can delete and turn off the backup using your MAC by following the steps below.
- Click on your Apple menu and select either systems menu or systems preference.
- Then click on Apple ID and select cloud.
- Then click on manage and select backups.
- Then click on the device backup you want to delete, and click delete.
Once you click delete on your MAC, it automatically removes the device backup.
This article has explained how you can delete Photos from iCloud using various Apple devices. We also looked at how you can delete backups and remove a device from the iCloud backup.