The way I configured my Windows 10 computer to connect to my Wi-Fi doesn’t require me to enter the Wi-Fi password every time I want to connect to it.
It’s more like I no longer bother to see my Wi-Fi password before I connect to it. And I can’t even remember the Wi-Fi password to share with others.
However, to be able to share the Wi-Fi password or use it on other devices like my phone, I would have to know the password so as to be able to connect to it with it.
Therefore, I am going to make this fast as I can to share with you the steps I took to find my Wi-Fi password for Windows 10.
I had got to use two different methods when I did this. And both methods are; finding a Wi-Fi password in Windows 10 through the control panel (sharing center) and seeing the Wi-Fi password with the help of the Windows command prompt work.
If you’d love to use the fastest approach, the cmd approach is faster. But, if you need something more techie or an advanced approach, the control panel shouldn’t be the best for you.
How to Find Wi-Fi Password in Windows 10 without Amin
Follow my lead below to view the Wi-Fi password you are connected to or stored on your Windows 10.
- Hover to the bottom right >> tap search >> type “Control Panel” >> select “Control Panel” from the pops.
- Tap on “Change Adapter Settings,” which you can find in the left pane.
- To open “Wi-Fi” properties, tap the “Wi-Fi” network twice. Alternatively, right-click on “Wi-Fi Network” >>Select Status” to view the properties of the network you connected to.
- Tap on the “Security” tab and tick “Show Character” on the interface.
- The password to the Wi-Fi you are connected to or selected Wi-Fi from your stored Wi-Fi will be displayed, and you will be able to copy it.
With these, you can find all saved Wi-Fi passwords on your Windows 10. Note that the password will be in asterisk, but when you check “Show Character,” it will turn to a readable character, and you will be able to copy or share it with other users or save it for future purposes.
Recommended: How to Find and See Wi-Fi password in Android
How to See Wi-Fi Password in Windows 10 using CMD
Running the command I will share with you below will find and display the stored or connected Wi-Fi password in your Windows 10 in the Key Content field.
- Open the Windows 10 command prompt by pressing “Win + R” or by typing cmd in the search and run it as administrator.
- When the command prompt opens, type.
netsh wlan show profiles
- With the line of command above, you will be able to find the name of the Wi-Fi you are trying to recover its password.
- Once the name of the Wi-Fi password you are trying to find has shown up type the following command.
netsh wlan show profiles name="WiFi Profile Name" Key=Clear
- Replace “Wi-Fi Profile Name” with the exact name of the Wi-Fi you got from the previous command.
- Now, the Wi-Fi password will display in a Key Content Field.”
If you have more than one Wi-Fi password stored on your Windows 10, you can follow the same procedure to view all the passwords. However, in using cmd in Windows 10 to find a Wi-Fi password, the password will be displayed in readable characters rather than in the asterisk form in the Control Panel approach.
There is no need to type those CMD, just copy and paste them in the CMD and follow the instruction. This will help you to avoid errors while typing the lines.
How to Use Password Finder to VIew Wi-Fi Password on Windows
If you have a password finder that you trust you can use it. Most password finders work on all Windows OS, whether it’s Windows 8 or Windows 10.
However, the experience I had was with the Magical Jelly Bean Wi-Fi password revealer.
Therefore, in this guide, I’ll walk you through how to use the Jelly Bean Wi-Fi password revealer to view and see stored Wi-Fi passwords in Windows 10, particularly.
- Download and install Magical Jelly Bean Wi-Fi password revealer.
- Go to the download folder, find the password revealer and install it as administrator.
- Find the password revealer icon and double-tap to launch it on your Windows.
All stored Wi-Fi passwords on your Windows 10 will be displayed with the Wi-Fi name and corresponding password.
How to See WiFi Password on Android
This guide will help you with how to find and see the WiFi password you have connected to on your Android phone.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on “WiFi & networks.”
- Click on “WiFi” under “Airplane mode depending on your phone configuration.
- Click on the name of the WiFi network you are connected to saved WiFi name and password.
- Here you will see information like the WiFi status, signal strength, link speed, frequency, encryption type, and above all, the QR code.
- Screenshot the QR Code.
- Crop out the QR code from the screenshot and save it.
- Open your phone browser and visit “ZXing.org/decode a site to decode QR code online.
- Click on “Choose File” and upload the QR Code you saved from the WiFi password screen.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Once the decode is successful, you will see the active or connected WiFi password.
The WiFi password or saved WiFi password on your Android whose QR code was screenshot will be shown, and you can copy and share it with whosoever needs it.
Here, you need two phones to view the saved WiFi password in this section, a phone with the WiFi password QR code and another phone to scan the QR code.
With this method, you will not only find the WiFi password, but you will also be able to share and prompt the device to connect to the WiFi password using the QR code scanner app.
- Open “Settings” on your phone.
- Click on “Network and Internet.”
- Click on the “WiFi” tab.
- Click on the gear icon adjacent to the WiFi network name you are connected to or saved.
- Click on the “QR Code” share button.
- Unlock your phone if you are using a password or pattern protection.
- Now, you will see the WiFi QR code ready to share or scan
- Open the QR Code scanner app on the second phone and place your phone camera on the shared scan QR code on the device with the saved password or the device in which you use to connect to the WiFi.
- Once the QR code is scanned, click on “Connect to this network.
- Once the password is decoded, the phone with the QR code scanner will connect to the WiFi with the same password.