It can be very frustrating to be having issues with your Apple watch not swiping up, especially if you recently purchased your apple watch. However, this issue with your Apple watch not swiping up isn’t common though except for some unforeseen reasons or negligence from the user’s side because it can hardly fail to swipe if gotten new.
The issue of your apple watch not swiping makes it unresponsive and this could be due to software bugs and glitches from outdated software. The most common reason you may have an unresponsive apple watch is due to a broken or cracked screen.
Recommended: How to Fix Black Spot on iPhone Screen
Here in this article, we would briefly discuss how to fix the issue of your Apple watch not swiping Up or responding to touch.
How to Fix Apple Watch Not Swiping Up
You need to look for a way at least to fix your apple watch not swiping up because you wouldn’t want to lose your expensive watch just because it’s not responding or swiping up or the calibration isn’t good enough.
For this reason, I’ve compiled the steps you can follow, when you want to fix the issue of your apple watch not swiping up nor responding to touch.
Restart Apple Watch
Restarting your apple watch can help to fix an unresponsive apple watch and this was the first step I took when my apple watch won’t swipe up. You can’t restart your apple watch whether it is charging or not.
But it’s advisable to remove the watch from the power source before you continue with the restart process.
Follow these steps to restart your apple watch:
- Press and hold the side button until the Power Off slider appears on your watch screen.
- Then drag the Power Off slider, to turn off your apple watch.
- Now press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears on your watch screen.
Force Restart Apple Watch
Just like when my apple watch won’t swipe up, you may find it very frustrating having to restart your watch all the time when it becomes unresponsive to touch. However, the best method you may consider is to force restart the Apple watch if it is not responding due to the fact that it can’t swipe
Follow these steps to force restart your apple watch:
- Press and hold the side button and Digital Crown together for at least 10 seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears on your apple watch screen.
Unpair and Re-pair Apple Watch
Unpairing your apple watch restores the watch to its original settings, just like a factory reset. Before you unpair your apple watch, ensure you back up your apple watch to avoid losing important files after you unpair your apple watch. You can use the backup you created to restore a new Apple Watch.
Recommended: How to Unpair your Logitech Mouse
Follow these steps to unpair and re-pair your apple watch:
- Ensure you place together your Apple Watch and iPhone to unpair them.
- Now open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
- Tap the info button next to the watch you want to unpair.
- Tap unpair Apple Watch.
- You can decide between keeping or removing your cellular plan, for GPS + Cellular models. You can keep your plan if you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again. While you can remove your plan if you don’t want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone anymore.
- Tap again to confirm. You may be prompt to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. After your Apple Watch is unpaired, you will get a message to Start the pairing process.
Follow these steps to pair your apple watch:
- Turn on your Apple watch.
- Place your Apple watch close to your iPhone.
- Hold your iPhone over the viewfinder on your iPhone, till your Apple Watch is paired.
- Set up as a new apple watch or restore from a backup.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Choose your settings.
- Create a passcode.
- Choose features and apps.
- Wait for your devices to sync.
- Begin to use your Apple Watch.
Update Apple Watch OS
Your apple watch notifies you whenever there is a new update available. There are two ways you can follow to update your apple watch, you can either update your apple watch software using your iPhone or directly update your apple watch.
Follow these steps to manually update your apple watch:
- Open the apple watch app, on your iPhone, then select the My Watch tab.
- Select General > Software Update.
- Download the update. If prompted to enter your iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode, fill it out.
- Wait until the progress wheel appears on your Apple Watch. It can take several minutes to an hour for the update to be completed.
Follow these steps to update directly on your Apple Watch:
- Connect your apple watch to your Wi-Fi.
- Open the Settings app on your apple watch.
- Click General > Software Update.
- Click Install If there is a software update available
- Then follow the on-screen instructions that would is being displayed on your apple watch.
Fix Broken screen
If the screen of your apple watch is not responding to touch, it could be due to a broken screen. The warranty doesn’t cover a broken or cracked screen, as this impacts damage from the owner’s end.
Replacing a broken screen of your apple watch is often an expensive repair unless you have previously purchased AppleCare which could be less expensive.
Recommended: How to Replace iPhone 6 Broken Screen Yourself
Return Watch To Apple Service Center
If your apple watch won’t swipe up or respond to touch due to a hairline crack, you can decide to return your watch to the apple service centre. Apple’s warranty covers issues due to defects in materials and workmanship, but not due to accidental damage.
You can contact Apple support if required they may ask you to mail the watch or you may have to go in person to the Service Center, where your apple watch would be checked out. If the issue is from a defective screen material or workmanship. Your Apple watch would be replaced since its meets their criteria.
Why won’t My iPhone Swipe Up
If you have a broken screen then your apple watch won’t let you swipe up or respond to touch. Sometimes it might be a hairline crack which may not be your fault but on the part of Apple. A hairline crack could be due to Apple using a defective glass material or on the part of workmanship from their company. So they offer a warranty to cover issues due to defects in materials and workmanship.
How Do I get my Apple Watch To Swipe Up
Your Apple Watch may not respond to touch due to different reasons, this may include using an outdated apple watch OS, or a broken/cracked screen. To make your apple watch swipe up or respond to touch, you should update the firmware of your apple watch, restart your apple watch, force restart your apple watch, Unpair, and re-pair your apple watch.
How Do I Fix An Unresponsive Apple Watch Screen
If you have an unresponsive apple watch screen it could be from a broken or cracked apple watch screen. You should have it fixed or return your Apple watch to the Apple service center. If your apple watch is not responding due to a hairline crack, it may be due for a warranty if checked at the Apple service center.
But if it was accidental damage you may not be due for a warranty and you would pay to have it fixed. If you have previously purchased AppleCare, the repair would be less expensive.
Sometimes if your apple watch is in power reserve mode, you may experience issues with your Apple watch not swiping up.
Power reserve only allows you to see the time on the screen of your apple watch, while it preserves your battery life.
Your Apple Watch won’t communicate with your Apple watch and you won’t be able to access other features on your watch. If the battery of your Apple watch is low, ensure you have it charged or turn off power reserve mode.