Do you use a Simplisafe as your home security system and have been getting a Simplisafe keypad out of range error message? This article will guide you on the basic steps you can take to resolve the issue.
SimpliSafe is a household name when it comes to home security systems. These systems are designed to provide security around the clock, seven days a week.
However, like any other system, it is prone to certain errors, such as the Simplisafe Keypad out of range error.
Why does the Simplisafe Keypad out of Range Error occur?
When your device is not talking with your Base Station, a Simplisafe Keypad Out of Range notification appears on your keypad. There are two main causes for this error to occur:
- The keypad is too far away from the Base Station or cannot communicate with it.
- The Keypad and the Base Station are not connected.
How to Fix Simplisafe Keypad out of Range Error
There three methods on how to fix the Simplisafe keypad out of range error and we will discuss both methods in this article.
How to Fix Simplisafe Keypad Out of Range [Method 1]
First, follow the steps below to see how you can fix your Simplisafe keypad when it’s out of range.
- Remove all batteries from any Keypad devices that are out of range.
- Make sure there are no batteries or power in the base station.
- Wait for approximately 10-15 seconds.
- Turn on your Simplisafe base station.
- Your Base Station will now be in test mode; press the power button to resume resetting.
Now you can confirm if the Simplisafe keypad out of range error has been fixed.
How to Fix Simplisafe KeyPad resetting the Device
The steps below also work when you want to fix the Simplisafe keypad by resetting it.
- Remove all keypad batteries that are out of range.
- Disconnect the base station and drain the battery.
- After some time has passed, recharge or power up the base station again (Wait for 30 minutes)
- Then press and hold the power button to reset the base station.
- The problem will be resolved after the base station is restarted.
Use your keypad to confirm if the Simplisafe keypad out of range error has been fixed.
How to Fix Simplisafe KeyPad Out of Range WHEN the Simplisafe KeyPad cannot connect to the Base Station
In case your SimpliSafe keypad cannot connect to the base station, kindly try the following.
- Check to determine if the keypad and base station can communicate while they are near together.
- Unplug the base station and move it closer to the keypad, or remove the keypad from its bracket and move it closer to the base station.
- Check to see if you can arm the system using your keypad.
- Try relocating your base station closer to your keypad if this is the case.
- The keypad being too far away from the base, or certain types of walls or appliances interfering with the signal, are the most common causes of this issue.
If putting the keypad and base station closer together doesn’t fix the problem, the keypad is most likely not associated with the base station.
To pair your keypad with your base station, follow the steps below.
How to Pair SimpliSafe KeyPad Base Station
Follow these steps if you have a second keypad to pair your Simplisafe keypad base station.
- Select menu on the second keypad, then input your master pin.
- Select Devices, then scroll down to the keypad that is causing the problem. It will be identified either by the name you gave it or by its serial number, which is located beneath the keypad’s battery cover.
- If you don’t find the keypad that’s causing the problem in your Devices menu, go back to the top and click Add Device,then keypad.
- Press and hold the Red Panic Button on the top of the keypad that is giving you the Out of Range error when prompted.
- The new device should be acknowledged by your Base Station, which should say keypad added.
- Now select a Name.
- Give the device a name. Then, in the bottom left corner of the keypad, click the menu button to dismiss the menu.
Now confirm if the Simplisafe keypad out of range error has been fixed.
Simplisafe Base Station not Working
In case the Simplisafe base station is not working and you don’t have a second keypad, try the following to fix your Simplisafe base station not working.
- Replace the battery in your keypad after removing it.
- Searching for Base Station should appear on your keypad.
- Remove the battery compartment lid from the bottom of the Base Station with a Phillips-head screwdriver. Remove the lid by twisting it counterclockwise.
- Press the little round button on the opposite side of the power adapter.
- One of the buttons on the keypad should be pressed. Connecting to Base Station will be shown on the keypad.
- The base station should announce keypad added. The battery covers can now be replaced.
You can now check to confirm if the Simplisafe keypad out of range error has been resolved.
We have looked at the reason you might be getting the SimpliSafe keypad out of range error and the three different troubleshooting methods to solve the Simplisafe keypad out of range error and Simplisafe keypad not working.
If after you have tried any or all of these solutions and you are still getting the SimpliSafe keypad out of range error, red light alert or the keypad not working erorr, it is recommended that you contact the Simplisafe customer support team for professional assistance.