If you are faced with issues of your whirlpool oven not heating problems, then it is best to read this article as we would analyze the various steps and solutions that might cause this problem.
It’s obvious that if your Whirpool oven fails to heat up warming your food using the device will prove futile and the only way forward is to find the last solution to it. This is not peculiar to the Whirlpool oven alone, though. You can encounter a similar problem in the Maytag dryer as well.
Well with that being said, we will take you through various steps on how to fix your whirlpool oven not heating problems.
How to Fix Whirlpool Oven Not Heating
Below are the steps to take to fix a non-heating whirlpool over without spending a dime.
A faulty ignition system is one of the common problems your whirlpool oven is often faced with. The igniter often draws electrical current through your Whirlpool oven safety valve. The igniter must get hot enough to glow and then ignite on the oven burner. When the igniter is weak, it will fail to open the safety valve correctly. If the safety valve does not properly open, then it will cause issues with your Whirlpool oven not heating.
However, to confirm whether this issue is from a faulty igniter:
- Switch on your Whirlpool Oven
- If the igniter glows for more than 90 seconds without igniting the gas flame, then this shows that the igniter is too weak to open the valve. Well, if the igniter is weak, then you need to replace it.
- If the igniter doesn’t glow at all, then you also need to have it replaced.
To Replace Your Whirlpool Oven Igniter
- First, unplug the power cord.
- Pick your screwdriver, then loosen the screws at the bottom rear access panel.
- Take off the panel and unplug the igniter wire connection.
- Open your oven and take out the metal racks.
- Remove the lower access panel.
- Unscrew the mounter threads that keep the burner tube in place to remove it and the igniter from the oven.
- Remove the mounting screws that keep the igniter in place.
- Take out the old igniter and position the new one where the old one was.
- Fasten it with mounting screws and feed the igniter wire through the hole at the back of the oven.
- Put the burner tube back in place and screw it in.
- Replace the lower access panel, oven racks, and rear access panel.
Faulty Bake Element
How to Fix Faulty Bake Element
- Unplug the oven from the power source and remove the lower rear access panel.
- Unplug the wires connected to the bake element terminals and open the oven.
- Take out the oven racks and unscrew the bottom panel.
- Unscrew the screws that hold the bake element in place and the front mounting bracket.
- Remove the faulty baking element.
- Push the terminals of the new baking element through the holes in the rear panel. Make sure to replace all parts, it’s better to take a pic or video to make sure you don’t get confused.
The broiler element in your whirlpool oven is found near the top, it provides high direct heat to your food and makes it look like your food is being grilled. It creates a crust on steaks, charring vegetables or melting, crisping bread and browning cheese toppings. If the broil element is working properly, it would glow red hot. Then if otherwise and it doesn’t glow red hot, then the broil element has burned out and may appear visibly damaged.
You can use a multimeter to test the broil element for continuity. Then if the broil element does not have continuity, you should consider replacing it.
Faulty Broil Element
The broil element works similarly to the bake element, but it sits at the top of the oven. If the broil element is faulty or burned out, your Whirlpool oven won’t heat up properly.
How to Fix Faulty Broil Element
- Unplug your oven from the power source, unscrew the back panel, and disconnect the broil element wires.
- Open the oven, remove the trays, and unthread the screws that fasten the broil element.
- Unscrew the front mounting bracket and pull out the broil element.
Insert the terminals of the new broil element into the holes in the rear panel.
- Reassemble your Whirlpool oven, in the same steps you followed to disassemble it.
When your Whirlpool oven gets too hot, the thermal fuse will stop the oven from overheating by turning its fuse off. To check if the thermal fuse is faulty
use a multimeter to test the fuse for continuity. If after checking and the thermal fuse does not have continuity, kindly replace it.
How to replace burnt Thermal Fuse
- Disconnect the electricity at the circuit breaker and slide out the oven to gain rear access.
- Unscrew the outer back panel and inner back panel.
- Unplug the wires from the old thermal fuse, unscrew the mounting screws, and remove it.
- Place the new thermal fuse with the holes matching the mounting screw holes.
- Fix the thermal fuse with mounting screws.
- Push the thermal fuse wires into the terminals.
Loose or Burnt Wire Connection
Another thing to check for is the loose or burnt wire connection of your Whirlpool washing machine. As these wires are often burnt out near the heat source and tour whirlpool washer won’t properly ignite. To check if a wire has burned out, trace the wires leading to the element or igniter.
Oven Control Board
The Oven control board is made up of relays that show time and it also controls the oven broil, bake and self-cleaning functions. The function of the oven control board is to send voltage through the oven circuits as adjusted by the user and sensor inputs. If after testing all the heating components and they all work perfectly fine, then you can test the oven control board with a voltmeter. If you found out that they the oven control board is defective it is best practice to replace it.
A relay is an electrically operated switch and is used to control a circuit in an oven. Therefore the relay board is a combination of several relays and they control the electric current moving to the heating element in your oven. So if the relays on the relay board fail to transfer electric current to the oven heating element then this can cause your whirlpool oven not heating issues. Therefore it is best to replace the relay board if found defective after testing it with a multimeter.
A safety valve is also known as a pressure safety valve and they are designed in event of when there is a failure, the safety valve naturally counters in such a way that will cause no harm or minimal harm to the environment and people. You can use a multimeter to test if the safety valve is working perfectly fine or not and it is best practice to replace a faulty safety valve.
Other things to consider when your “Whirlpool Oven Not Heating” includes:
- Check to make sure one of your household fuses is not blown or the circuit breaker has tripped.
- Try to reset the circuit breaker or replace the fuse if necessary.
- Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker for 30 seconds.
- Power unit up by turning on the circuit breaker.
Conclusion: Whirlpool oven not heating can be really frustrating. When this happens make sure your oven is properly plugged in and its outlet is operational. Check to confirm that the ignitor or the bake element is working, also try to move the temperature sensor away from the oven wall. we have been able to briefly summarize why “whirlpool oven not heating”. It could be an issue with your power supply or might be a faulty whirlpool oven.