If you have been looking for a way to program XFINITY remote to TV, then this article will provide you with the step-by-step process on how to go about it.
It is one thing to have an Xfinity TV box on a remote, and it’s another thing to program that particular remote to work with the TV, without which you will not be able to control your TV with that remote.
In this article, we have extensively talked about how to program XFINITY remote to TV in a way that will benefit anyone irrespective of the model of your Xfinity remote. You can make use of an online process known as the XFINITY my account app.
You can also do this using the setup button, but in a situation where your remote does not have a setup button, you can still program it using a method that we have discussed in this article. All you need to do is read this article to the end.
What is Program Xfinity Remote to TV?
When you purchase an XFINITY TV box and a remote you will not be able to make use of the remote to control that TV, therefore you need to program that particular XFINITY remote to work and control the TV.
The programming process is not difficult and takes just a few steps to complete. After you have completed the programming process you will notice that you can now control your TV with that XFINITY remote that is programmed with it.
If you go through the process the right way you will be able to control your TV from as far as 50 feet away from your TV.
List of Xfinity Remote
This guide work with the following Xfinity remote control.
- XR16 – Voice Remote
- XR15 – Voice Remote
- XR11 – Voice Remote
- Silver with Red OK- Select Button
- Silver with Grau OK – Select Button
- Digital Adapter Remote
How to Get the Code to Program XFINITY remote to your TV
I just tested this on the official website of XFINITY remote where you would get the programming code to program your XFINITY remote to your TV or audio device.
- The process to get this code is easy and you will just need to visit https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes.
- When this link opens, you’ll be required to select the type of remote you want to program with TV. Select the remote model and click on continue.
- Another page will open where you will have to select the type of device you want to pair with your XFINITY remote
- Two options would be displayed on your screen; a television and an audio device. Select the type of device you want to pair with your XFINITY remote and continue.
- Then you will have to select the producer of your device and you will notice that another page will open where you will see the programming code and on-screen instructions on how to program XFINITY remote which TV or audio device.
How to Program Xfinity Remote to TV?
There are different ways to program the XFINITY remote to your TV. The method that best suits you would depend on the type of remote you want to program.
The processes that will be discussed below will help you to program the XFINITY remote as some of the most popular XFINITY remotes will be mentioned, and how to program them with the discussed.
All you need to do is try out these processes on your XFINITY remote and you’ll be able to get it paired and programmed with your TV.
How to program XFINITY Remotes with Setup Button
This method works for almost all the XFINITY remote with a setup button, so if your XFINITY remote falls in this category then this method will help you program that particular XFINITY remote to TV.
- To do this, make sure that your XFINITY TV box is turned on, pick your remote and locate the setup button.
- Press and hold the setup button as long as possible until the light on the head of the remote changes from red to green indicating that it is ready to be programmed.
- Using the XFINITY remote you are programming press the numbers 9-9-1 you will notice that the LED light on your remote will flash green twice.
- You need to keep pressing the CH^ button until your TV box turns off on its own.
- Now, press the setup button again pointing the remote toward your TV. At this point what you have done is to lock in the code.
- Now point your XFINITY remote toward your TV and press the power button.
- If your TV comes up, then it has been programmed. If it doesn’t then you haven’t gone through this process correctly.
If the remote you want to program is the XR15 of which does not have a setup button but number buttons, the method below will help you go through the programming process.
- Turn on your TV box, carefully locate the XFINITY and mute buttons on your remote and hold them together at once.
- Do not release them until about 5 seconds when the red lights at the head of your remote changes from red to green.
- Make sure you know your TV manufacturers 5 digit number as you will make use of them at this point.
- When the light changes from red to green, enter the 5-digit number of Your TV manufacturer. Your remote should blink green twice if the code is correct.
- But if the LED lights at the head of your remote blink red and then blinks green this interprets that the code you entered is not correct.
- If you have done everything correctly point the remote to the TV you are programming the remote with, then press the power button.
If the TV turns off then the remote has been programmed.
What you need to do is to turn the television back on and test every other button on the remote and make sure they are working properly including the volume and mute buttons.
In a situation where your television does not turn off, that means it is not programmed, and the manufacturer code you entered was incorrect.
What you need to do at this point is to go through this activation process again using another manufacturer code.
hOW TO Program Xfinity Remote to TV with My Account App
Using your Android or Apple mobile device open my account app which probably should have been already downloaded on your device.
When this app opens locate the TV icon and tap on it when the list comes up to pick you up a specific TV box.
- Then select the Setup remote option
- Then you need to swipe up and you’ll see a list of remote models, choose the model of the remote you want to program to TV.
- When you have selected it, press the continue option
- Then pick TV or audio/others, then follow the on-screen instructions to program your remote