A few days ago we published how to cancel Stash account membership and we discovered that a lot of Stash members do not know how to remove a bank account from Stash to stop Stash from charging the linked account if they failed to cancel their Stash account after the request has been made.
So, in this guide, we will quickly walk you through how to remove a bank account from Stash. The best way to remove a linked bank from your Stash account is to do it yourself via the Stash account dashboard. And you can also rely on the Stash customer service to help remove your bank from your Stash account.
Therefore, in this guide, we are going to detail all possible means to remove a bank account from your Stash account.
How to Remove Bank Account from Stash
The steps below revealed to you how you can quickly remove your bank account from your Stash account. There is no need to close the Stash account to do this.
- Go to the Stash portal and log in to your account.
- Tap on the “Account” tab.
- Tap on the bank account to remove it from the list.
- Click on “Change bank account.”
- Delete the bank account and a new one.
Note that you can only link one bank account to your Stash account at a time.
Now, what if you cannot remove your bank account from Stash? Then, you either close the Stash account or cancel your membership plan.
How to Delete my Stash Account
To close your Stash account in a bid to stop Stash from charging or when you are unable to cancel Stash subscription follow the procedures below.
- Log in to your Stash account.
- Tap on your account name to the top right.
- Scroll down the left side and click on “Cancel Subscription.”
- Tap on the option to manage your Stash account.
- Scroll down and click on “Close my Stash account for good.”
This should help you to close your Stash account. And now, if you are unable to remove your bank account Stash you will no longer be charged.
And what if you have some fund to withdraw from your Stash account? All you need to do is to follow the procedures below to withdraw your money from your Stash investment account.
How to Withdraw from Stash
We initially discuss how to remove bank account from Stash. But, if you were unable to do so for an unknown reason, you may want to withdraw your money from Stash before you proceed to delete your Stash account.
- Sign in to your Stash account [on the web].
- Tap on your Stash profile name to the top.
- Tap on “Withdraw/Transfer from the menu.
- Click on “Intended portfolio.”
- Use the slider to adjust the amount to withdraw. And since you are going to close your Stash account, make sure the slider captures all your money in your Stash account.
- Tap on the “Continue” button to process the withdrawal.
This approach is slightly different on the Stash mobile app. Therefore, to Withdraw from Stash app follow the procedures below.
How to Withdrawl from Stash on App
For Stash app users on Android and iPhone, follow the procedures below to with your money from Stash on the app.
- Open the Stash app and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the “More” option to the bottom right of the app screen.
- Tap “Transfer” and then “Take money out.”
- Tap on your intended portfolio.”
- Input the amount to withdraw. And since you will delete your Stash account in the end, enter all withdrawable from your Stash account.
- Select the bank account number to withdraw to. Otherwise, add a new bank account to withdraw your money to.
- Tap on the “Continue” button.
Now, don’t proceed to close your Stash account yet, wait until you receive a mail that your request has been approved and the money is reflected on the selected account number.