ESPN.com/activate guide. I’ll guide you on how to activate ESPN on Roku TV using ESPN.com/activate. This guide will also work for ESPN+. You will learn to install ESPN app on your smart TV sand generate ESPN.com activate activation code to be used on the web portal www.espn/watch/activate for activation.
ESPN added tons of channels to the list of previous channels and call it “ESPN+” (ESPN plus) to enjoy more of the service. ESPN Plus is based on subscriptions. If you do not want the ESPN plus service you can stick to the previous ESPN service. And you can still activate the ESPN on Roku TV using ESPN Roku Channel code.
You will still be able to activate ESPN on Apple TV or Roku TV. And you will still be able to generate ESPN.com activate code which you are going to use on ESPN.com/activate. It works for both ESPN plus watch and ESPN.
The things needed to activate ESPN.com on Roku and Firestick include:
- ESPN Subscription.
- ESPN Roku channel code (similar for other smart TVs).
- ESPN login.
- ESPN.com/activate portal.
Table of Contents
ESPN Roku Channel Code
ESPN channel code is a code displayed on your TV when you click on the ESPN app to activate ESPN on your smart TV on ESPN.com/activate. The channel code for Roku activates the TV and link your ESPN subscription to your device.
ESPN Vs ESPN+ (ESPN plus)
ESPN channels are the previous channels you have access to on ESPN.com. The service offers service to upgrade ESPN to ESPN plus to be able to enjoy more channels. While this may cost more than ordinary ESPN, both the ESPN and ESPN+ can be activated on Roku with a valid ESPN.com/activate activation code.
Whether you want to stream ESPN or ESPN plus on Roku you will first need to download and install ESPN app on your smart TV. The ESPN app will generate an activation code called “ESPN.com activation code” to link your ESPN account on your “smart TV” from the ESPN app on ESPN.com/activate.
After you have successfully activated the ESPN on your “Smart TV” or “Roku TV” you will be able to watch live programs and events. This includes sports, politics, businesses, weather reports, etc.
However, the only requirement to get started is for you to download and install ESPN plus or ESPN app on your “Smart TV”, view ESPN.com activation code, and follow the instruction in this guide.
ESPN.com Activation Code
At ESPN.com/activate you will require for an activation code on your TV screen. It’s this ESPN activation code that links the service to your smart TV.
So, if you must activate ESPN service on any of your smart TV, even Roku TV, you must generate the activation code on the smart TV and go to ESPN watch activate online portal on ESPN.com/activate to activate your account.
ESPN.com/activate Roku TV
Here is how to activate ESPN on Roku with the activation code on the online web at ESPN.com/activate.
1. Power-on your Roku TV and press the “Home” button on your remote control.
2. Navigate to “Streaming Channels” to open “Channels Store” on your Roku TV.
3. Type “ESPN” in the search box to find the ESPN app. You can use the forward and backward button in your remote to go back and go forward. You can even rescan if the app didn’t show up.
4. Now, press the “OK” button on your remote after you have hovered your “Roku TV” cursor to it.
5. Select “Add Channel” to install the ESPN app on your Roku TV.
6. Go to “Streaming Channels” and select the “ESPN app” from the list of channels on your TV.
7. Take note of the ESPN app activation code on your TV screen. You can write it down or copy and paste it on your Notepad.
8. Go to www.espn.com/activate on your computer and type the activation code in the column and then click “Continue”.
Follow the instruction on the screen to finalize the activation process. Note that you may be asked to select your ESPN TV provider’s network and sign in to your account. Once you have successfully signed in your Roku TV will be sync to your ESPN account with the help of the ESPN activation code.
- How to Activate YouTube
- How to Activate Primevideo
- How to Activate Amazon video
- How to Activate Showtime Anytime
- How to Activate Starz
- How to Activate DisneyNow
ESPN.com Activate Apple TV
For Apple TV users, here is how to activate ESPN.com on your smart TV.
1. Download and install ESPN app on your Apple TV from the app store.
2. Navigate to your app store on your TV and click on the ESPN channel app to view the ESPN activation code for your Apple TV.
3. Quickly go to ESPN.com/activate or ESPN.com/watch/activate and enter the activation code on your Apple TV screen.
4. Click on the “Continue” button and select your TV provider’s network from the list.
5. Sign in to your Apple TV provider’s network. Once the logins are confirmed, your smart Apple TV will be synced with your ESPN account and you will be able to access all ESPN channels on your smart TV.
Apple TV has taken another twist by not making the ESPN activation code work directly on the smart device. However, from the research, we discovered that if the ESPN.com/activate Apple TV code isn’t working here is a turn around for you.
- Go to your Apple TV settings.
- Select your “Cable Provider’s Network”.
Now, if the ESPN activation code for Apple TV isn’t showing before or working this will help you to resolve it. It’ll show the activation code and allows you to use it.
Activate ESPN on Amazon Fire TV
Provided you can download and install ESPN app on your Amazon Fire TV follow the procedures below to activate it.
- Download and install the ESPN app on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Navigate to stream channels on your TV and select the ESPN app
- View the ESPN activate activation code.
- Go to ESPN.com/activate on your computer.
- Enter the ESPN activation code on your TV screen and click on the “Continue” button.
- Select your TV provider’s network and sign in to your cable’s account.
Once this is confirmed you will be redirected to your account page and the ESPN app showing the activation code will start showing ESPN or ESPN plus channels to explore.
ESPN.com/activate Smart TV
Here is how to activate ESPN or ESPN plus on your smart TV to explore the channels.
- Go to your Smart TV app store.
- Search for “ESPN” in the “Channel Store”.
- Click on the “Add Channel” button.
- Navigate to “Channel Store” and click “ESPN app.
- The ESPN activation code will appear on your TV screen.
- Go to www.espn.com/activate on your computer.
- Type the Smart TV ESPN activation code on your screen and click on the “Continue” button.
Now, follow the instruction on the screen to select your TV cable provider’s network and sign in to your account. Afterwards, the ESPN app will start showing channels you can explore based on your subscription.
Quick Links to Activate ESPN
Here are the quick links to activate ESPN.
- Roku: https://www.espn.com/watch/activate?device=roku
- Apple TV: https://www.espn.com/watch/activate?device=Apple TV
- Firestick: https://www.espn.com/watch/activate?device=roku
- Amazon Fire TV: https://www.espn.com/watch/activate?device=Amazon fire TV
- Xbox : https://www.espn.com/watch/activate?device=Xbox
- PS3 or PS4 : https://www.espn.com/watch/activate?device=PS4