It’s one thing to have a Ring Spotlight Camera; it is another thing to know how to reset it. Therefore, you will learn how to reset Ring Spotlight Camera in this article.
So, if your goal is to factory reset your ring spotlight camera, here is a guide we recommend for you. This article will explain in a diverse way that you can use to reset your Ring Spotlight camera to the default settings and reconfigure it over again.
The Ring Spotlight camera came with a reset button that can be used to erase personal configuration on the security gadget. However, the Ring Spotlight Camera can also be rest to the factory or default settings using the camera app on your mobile phone.
So, in this article, we will discuss how to factory reset Ring Spotlight Camera using the device reset button and how you can reset the device to the default setting via the mobile app on your phone.
Meanwhile, before we proceed check out the steps to take to reset your Reolink Camera.
How to Reset Ring Spotlight Camera
To reset your Ring Spotlight Camera to the factory settings shouldn’t be that hard. Therefore, the steps below wipe off your Ring Spotlight Camera personal settings and restore the security camera to the default.
- Power on your Ring Spotlight Camera
- Locate the Reset button at the top of the fully charged camera.
- Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
- Release the reset button after 30 seconds.
- The reset command will begin and flashes the status light once the reset is complete.
- And the camera will restart itself.
Once you have completed the steps above, the Ring Spotlight Camera will reset to factory or default settings. However, it is worth noting that resetting your Ring Camera will erase all personal configurations.
In summary, to reset your Ring Spotlight Camera to the default or factory settings, press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds and release it after the status light flashes and the device will restart itself to complete the reset.
How to Reset Ring Camera Spotlight to Factory Settings using Mobile App
You need the mobile app to set up or configure your Ring Spotlight camera, so I’d believe that you have the app installed on your phone. Otherwise, go to the Ring Camera app download page to download and install the latest app on your phone.
Once you have successfully installed the Ring Spotlight Camera app on your phone, follow the steps below to format or reset your Ring Camera to the default.
- Open the Ring Spotlight Camera app and sign in to your account.
- Go to the app settings.
- Select “Reset.”
- Two options will appear, which are:
- Perform a factory reset.
- Highlight and select “Perform Factory Reset” on the screen.
The reset process will begin via the mobile app. And once the device has been restored to the default settings, it will restart itself.
Ring Spotlight Won’t Reset
It’s possible that after the methods above, the Ring Spotlight won’t reset or restart. However, there is a way forward as to what to do to erase the Ring Camera settings.
Meanwhile, before you proceed to install a new Spotlight Cam battery, ensure that the battery is fully charged. However, it is difficult to state how long it’d take the Ring Spotlight Cam battery to charge fully. Once the battery has been charged fully, you can proceed with the steps below to learn how to factory reset your Ring Spotlight cam.
So, when your Ring Spotlight won’t reset, you want to try the steps below.
- Open your Ring Spotlight camera battery compartment by pressing the white button.
- Insert the battery into the housing or the battery compartment until the battery clicks in it.
- Close the battery using the battery cover that was removed by pressing the remove button.
The steps to change your Ring Camera Spotlight battery is explained above. However, the process will reset your Spotlight camera to the default settings and prompt fresh configuration.
How to Restart Ring Spotlight Camera
The process to restart your Ring Spotlight Cam is quite simple and straightforward. However, the best way to reboot your Ring camera is via the Ring camera app. If you prefer to reset the Ring Spotlight camera via the reset button, you can also do that.
But in this scenario, we will consider how you can restart or reboot the Ring Spotlight camera via the mobile app.
- Open the Ring Cam app on your smartphone.
- Click Settings >> Reset.
- Select “Restart.”
The Ring Cam will restart when you send the command from the Ring Spotlight Cam on your phone.
Other Methods to Reset Ring Spotlight Camera to Factory Settings
There are some other troubleshooting that you can attempt that will reset your Ring Spotlight cam to the factory settings. Therefore, we will consider the following methods to reset a ring spotlight camera to the default settings.
How to Reset Ring Spotlight Camera Disconnecting and Reconnect your Ring Cam from WiFi
Most times, if your Ring Spotlight Camera won’t connect to the WiFi, you can troubleshoot your WiFi by removing the Spotlight cam and re-add it to the WiFi again.
The Spotlight Cam will be reset and restored to the factory settings. And since we discovered this, it has been a new way to factory reset the Ring Spotlight Camera to the default settings.
Therefore, you want to follow the steps below to disconnect your Ring Camera from your WiFi to reset the Ring Cam.
- Sign in to your WiFi admin dashboard.
- You should see all the connected devices.
- Find and select the Ring Camera and remove it from the WiFi.
Instantly, the Ring Camera Spotlight will be disconnected from the WiFi and prompt the device to reset automatically. However, the process to connect the Ring Cam to WiFi is simple and direct.
How to Connect Ring Spotlight Camera to WiFi
The steps highlighted below explain the steps to take to connect your Ring Spotlight Cam to a wireless network [WiFi].
- Open the Ring Cam app on your smartphone [Android or iPhone].
- Click on the three horizontal lines to the top left on the app screen.
- Click on “Device.”
- Click on the name of the Ring Spotlight Cam you want to reconnect to the WiFi.
- Choose “Device Health.”
- Click on “Change WiFi Network” or “Reconnect to WiFi.”
- Select the name of the WiFi you want to connect.
- Type the WiFi password using your phone keypad.
- Click on “Submit/Connect.”
The steps above reset your Ring Cam WiFi Network to factory settings and flush all errors that won’t let the Ring Cam reset, and also reset the Ring Cam Spotlight.
So, which of the steps above helps you to this how to reset Ring Spotlight camera to the default settings guisw? Leave a comment below.