Suppose you have an issue with your Whirpool washer. In that case, the best solution might be to reset Whirlpool washer, as it has been proven effective in resolving various issues that might be preventing the washer from performing optimally.
The Whirlpool washer comes in different models to suit your budget and cleaning needs. The whirlpool washer is typically known to be reliable, so it can be incredibly frustrating when you encounter issues when attempting a wash cycle.
Some of the common issues you can encounter when using the Whirlpool washer include clothes not spinning in the washer or the wash cycle taking longer than necessary to complete.
It is, however, nothing to worry about, as most of the time, they can be resolved when you reset Whirlpool washer.
How to Reset Whirpool Washer
As stated earlier in the article, many times, the best solution to many of the issues with the Whirlpool washer that is not hardware related is to reset Whirlpool washer.
There are, however, different approaches you can take to reset Whirlpool washer, and the commonly used methods will be discussed in this section of the article.
Reset Whirlpool Washer by Disconnecting it from Power Supply
The fastest and easiest way to reset Whirlpool washer is to let the electrical charge dissipate by unplugging it from its power source.
For safety reasons, before attempting this method, it is crucial to turn off the washer from its control panel before unplugging it, as doing otherwise might cause harm to you or further damage to your washer.
Follow the steps below to reset Whirlpool washer by disconnecting it from the power supply.
- Switch off the Whirlpool washer from the control panel.
- Disconnect the Whirlpool washer from its power source.
- Then connect it back to its power source after leaving it disconnected for approximately 3 minutes.
You can then attempt to use the washer to confirm that the reason why you had to reset Whirlpool washer has been resolved.
You can also check out How to Fix Whirlpool Dryer Not Heating
Reset Whirlpool Washer Using the Circuit Breaker
If you are currently unable to unplug the washer from its power source, you can still disconnect and reset it via the circuit breaker in your home.
You can follow the instructions below to reset Whirlpool washer using the circuit breaker.
- Switch off your washer using the control panel.
- Then go to your home electrical panel, access the Whirlpool washer circuit breaker, and lift it to stop the power supply to your washing machine.
- After waiting for approximately 3 minutes, you can put the circuit breaker back to supply power to the washer.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to reset Whirlpool washer, and you can then attempt a wash cycle after waiting for about 30 seconds to confirm that you have successfully resolved the problem with your washer.
Use a Combination of Buttons to Reset Whirlpool Washer
Some models of the Whirlpool washer can be reset by pressing certain button combinations.
The best way to know the exact buttons you can press on your washer to reset it is best known by reading the user manual that came along with the washer.
However, if you have had the washer for a long time and you no longer have access to the instruction manual, certain buttons on the washer have been known to be able to reset different models of the Whirlpool washer.
Follow the instructions below to reset Whirpool washer via a combination of buttons.
- Ensure that the Whirlpool washer is turned on.
- Then press the pause/cancel button twice.
- Now press the power button once, and you should either see the control panel flash or hear a beep to signify that you just reset the washer.
You can then use the washer for a wash cycle to confirm that you have resolved the issue that prompted the reset and the washer is now performing optimally.
Reset Whirlpool Washer using the Control Panel Dial
Some Whirlpool washing machine models come with a dial on the control panel.
If you own one of those models, you can reset the Whirlpool washer using the dial by following the steps given below.
- Confirm that the Whirlpool washer is turned on.
- Then rotate the dial settings to normal.
- Then turn the dial counterclockwise once.
- Now turn the dial clockwise three times.
- Then rotate the dial counterclockwise once.
- Finally, rotate the dial clockwise once.
- Then press the start button and wait for the illuminated panel to appear.
- Ensure the rinse, wash, and stop buttons are illuminated. If they are not, just press the buttons and they will become illuminated.
- Then switch off the washer and disconnect it from its power source for approximately 20 seconds.
- Turn the washer on after 20 seconds has elapsed.
You can then attempt a wash cycle with the washer to confirm that it is now working perfectly.
Recommended: How to Fix LG Dryer not Heating
Reset Whirlpool Washer using the Power, Program, and Water Level Buttons
You can reset some models of the Whirlpool washer by using the control panel’s power, water level, and program buttons.
You can reset Whirlpool washer using these button combinations by following the instructions below.
- Turn off the washer from the control panel but still leave it plugged in its power outlet.
- Press the water level button twice while holding down the program button.
- Then individually press every button on the control panel except the power button.
- Now open the washer lid, and when you hear a beep, close it to reset the washer.
If you have followed the instructions above, you can now attempt a cycle using the washer to ensure that the washer is now functioning at an optimal level.
Reset Whirlpool Washer by Opening and Closing the Lid
If you use a top loader of the Whirlpool washing machine, you can also reset the washer by opening and closing the lid.
Follow the instructions below to reset Whirlpool washer via opening and closing the lid.
- Switch off the Whirlpool washer from the control panel and disconnect it from its power source.
- Now plug the washer back into its power source after about 1 minute of disconnecting, and turn it on.
- Now open and close the lid of the washer about 6 times within 12 seconds.
You can then use then attempt a wash cycle with the washer to confirm that the reason you had to reset it has been resolved.
How to Reset Whirlpool Top Load Washer
You can reset the Whirlpool top load washer by opening and closing the lid several times within a particular time frame.
Follow the instructions below to reset the Whirlpool top load washer.
- Turn off the washer and unplug it from its power supply.
- Then after about a minute, plug it back and turn it on.
- Then within 12 seconds, open and close the lid of the washer 6 times.
How to Reset Whirlpool Washer Front Load
If your Whirlpool washer is a front load washer, you can reset it by following the steps given below.
- Confirm that the washer is turned on.
- Then click on the press/cancel button twice.
- Finally, press the power button to complete the reset cycle.
If, after following these steps, you still have reasons to believe that the washer did not automatically reset itself, you can follow the instructions below.
- Turn off the washer from the control panel and disconnect it from its power source.
- Then connect it back to its power source after about 2 minutes and turn on the washer.
You can then use the washer to confirm that you have been able to reset it successfully.
How to Reset Whirlpool Washer Door Locked
Before attempting any troubleshooting method to unlock the Whirlpool washer door, ensure that you have waited for at least 3 minutes after the end of the cycle before you attempt to open it.
This is because the washer door will not open if water still needs to be drained in the washer.
If you have waited for a while after the end of a wash cycle and you are still unable to open the door of the washer, you can attempt the solutions listed below.
- Press the control button on the control panel for about 3 seconds, and you should hear an unlatching sound to signify that the door can now be opened.
- If your washer model has an end-of-cycle button, you can press it for about 3 seconds to reset the washer and unlock the door.
- Unplug the washer and wait 45 minutes before plugging it back to reset the washer and unlock the door.
- If any of the above solutions unlocked the door, you might have to unlock it manually with a screwdriver. Take a screwdriver and gently remove the toe panel at the bottom of the washer, then reach inside the front panel and gently pull the door lash to unlock the door.
This article has described in detail the various methods you can use to reset Whirlpool washer. Always remember to disconnect the washer from its power source when necessary to prevent causing harm to yourself or damaging the washer.