Is your Apple smartwatch hanging or it’s frozen or it’s taking too long to respond to any command? Well, there are several reasons why this may be happening, and restarting it is one way to fix the issue. Therefore, in this article, we will walk you through how to restart Apple Watch Series 3.
Restarting your Apple Watch Series 3 helps to free up its 768 MB RAM. A restart does not wipe any data; it simply turns the device off and on again and probably clears the smartwatch cache; if you wish to erase all content and return it to factory settings, you will need to reset or format your Apple Watch.
When you restart your Apple Watch Series 3, you will need the SIM card’s PIN code and the Watch Series 3’s unlock pattern or password to complete the whole restart process.
There is no designated battery percentage needed to restart your Apple Watch Series 3. But, to restore the smartphone to the default or factory setting you would either need to start charging the device or have at least 60% battery to proceed. However, the recommended approach is to ensure that your Apple Watch Series 3 is in charging mode.
Why You Restart Your Apple Watch Series 3?
In case you want to be sure if it’s safe to reset your Apple Watch but you are not sure, check out the reasons why you may need to restart your Apple Watch Series 3.
If you find any of the issue peculiar to your Apple Watch Series, then you can go ahead to restart the Apple Watch Series 3.
- If your Apple Watch isn’t responding.
- Your Apple Watch Series 3 hangs during OS update.
- If you forgot your passcode.
- The smartwatch freezes or slows down.
How to Restart Apple Watch Series 3
By following the steps below you will learn how to force restart your Apple Watch Series 3.
- Press the side button on your Apple Watch Series 3 until a screen with various options displays.
- The first option is to turn it off, followed by the option to check the medical data and the option to submit an emergency SOS request.
- The Apple Watch Series 3 lacks a restart button and must be turned off and on again.
- To switch off your Watch Series 3, slide the power button from left to right.
- After turning off the Apple Watch Series 3, press and hold the side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo, then release the button.
- The smartwatch will restart.
How to Force Restart Apple Watch Series 3
Apple allows users to force restart their Apple Watch Series 3. So, if your Series 3 Apple Watch is not responding normally, you can choose to force restart it. So, by following the step below you will learn how to force restart Apple Watch Series 3.
- Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds
- Release the buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Once the Apple logo appears your Apple Watch Series 3 will force restart itself.
How to Silence Apple Watch Series 3 When at a Certain Locations and then Restart
If you are at a certain location and you’d love to silence your Apple Watch Series and then restart it, you can do that. So, here we’ll take a look at how to silence Apple Watch Series 3 when at a certain locations and then restart it.
Reduce the Volume of your Apple Watch
The quickest way to silence your Apple Watch Series 3 is by reducing the volume to the least level.
- Open your “Apple Watch Series 3″ settings.
- Scroll down and click on “Sounds & Haptics.”
- Tap the “Volume” button to decrease the Watch volume.
You can keep reducing the volume until you are satisfied with the output. With this, you can silence your Apple Watch Series 3 when at a certain locations and then restart it.
Mute your Apple Watch
You can also mute your Apple Watch for the time being and unmute it when leaving your current location.
- Touch and hold the bottom of the watch face.
- Swipe up once the Control Centre opens.
- Tap on the “Silent Mode” bell icon.
This will turn your Apple Watch Series 3 into silent but with this, you can still receive the Haptic notifications.
Note: Another how to silence Apple Watch series 3 when at a certain locations and then restart is to cover the screen of your Apple Watch 3 with your palm for about 3 seconds or until you hear a tap from your phone. However, if this doesn’t work, try the following to enable the cover to mute option.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Go to the My Watch tab
- Click on “Sounds & Haptics.”
- Tap “Cover” to “Mute.”
Can’t restart Apple Watch Series 3? Try these fixes!
If you can’t restart your Apple Watch Series 3, the next step is to turn the Apple Watch Series 3 off and on again using the physical buttons because it is blocked and the aforementioned steps do not work. Try out the steps below:
- To force a restart on your Watch Series 3, press and hold the power button (or unlock button) for at least 8 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, and then release the button while the device turns back on.
- If the device still does not respond and you are unable to restart it, then, it’s likely that the battery is low; in this case, connect the Watch Series 3 to its charger and repeat the procedure.
- If it does not respond and does not turn on, or if it has entered a loop, it is possible that some internal component, such as the motherboard, memory, screen, or even the power button, has been damaged, and you will need to fix it or replace it.
Note that force restarting your Apple Watch should only be done as a last resort and only if it is not responding. If you are updating watchOS, don’t forcibly restart your Apple Watch. Once you see the Apple logo and progress wheel, leave your watch alone and charge it until the update is complete.
Your Apple Smartwatch should respond now after following the steps above. However, if you are still having problems with the Apple Watch, visit an Apple Store, or Authorized Apple Service Provider, or get in touch with Apple Support for support.