This article will teach you how to sign out of Netflix from all devices. Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services that gives you access to premium entertainment in the form of movies and series for a fee.
With your Netflix login details, you have access to entertainment on the go, as you can log in to the Netflix app from any device of your choice, anywhere you are.
In a situation where you lodged in a hotel and used your Netflix login details to access the Netflix on the hotel’s TV, or you visited a neighbor or friend, and you inputted your login details in their device.
That will allow them to use your Netflix account and effect changes in your settings that you otherwise might not be interested in. Therefore, the only options available for you is to sign out of Netflix from all devices
How to sign out of Netflix from all Devices
If you want to sign out of your Netflix account from all the devices, you have inputted your account, which will be done whether you have access to the devices or not.
Then follow the steps listed below to sign out of Netflix from all devices.
- If you are on a computer, open your browser and go to Netflix.com, but if you are using your mobile phone and have access to the mobile app, then open the mobile app.
- Then click your profile icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now select account.
- Then scroll down to the settings menu and click sign out of all devices.
- Now, click sign out.
If you have followed the steps listed above, then you have signed out your Netflix account from all of the devices it has been signed in to. The next time you want to access Netflix, you will need to input your log in details.
How to Sign out of Netflix from TV
If you used a TV that is not yours to log in to your Netflix account, or you want to sign out of Netflix from your own TV.
Follow the guidelines given below to sign out Netflix from TV.
- Turn on the TV and open the Netflix app.
- Once the Netflix homepage is visible on your screen, press Left on the TV remote to open the sidebar.
- From the menu on the sidebar, select Get Help.
- From the Get help menu page, scroll down and click Sign out.
- A prompt will appear on your screen. Select Yes to confirm that you want to sign out.
If you have successfully followed these steps, the app will restart, and the Get started page will appear on your screen. You will be required to input your login details the next time you want to use Netflix on the TV.
How to Sign out of Netflix from all Devices on a Mobile Phone
If you have been using the Netflix app on your mobile phone, either an Android phone or an IOS phone, follow the steps listed below.
- Open the Netflix app on either your Android or iPhone.
- If there are multiple Netflix accounts connected to the app, select the account you want to sign out.
- Now, tap the profile icon at the top right corner of the app.
- Then go to the help section, and click sign out.
- Now click yes to confirm you want to sign out.
Following these steps will sign out Netflix from your mobile device.
How to sign out of Netflix from All Devices on the web App
If you use the web app on your computer to watch movies on Netflix, signing out of Netflix from the web app only requires a straightforward step.
- Open your Netflix web app.
- Click on the three dot icon shown at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then select sign out.
This will sign out your Netflix account and requires that you log in to the app the next time you want to use it.
How to Sign out of Netflix from a Web Browser
If you would like to sign out of Netflix from your web browser, follow the steps below.
- On your computer, open your browser and go to Netflix.com.
- If there are multiple Netflix accounts connected to the app, select the user you want to sign out.
- Now, hover your mouse on the profile icon, which is at the top right corner of the app
- Then click sign out.
If you have followed the steps listed above, you have signed out of your Netflix account.
How to Change your Netflix Password
Even after signing out of Netflix from all devices, anyone with access to your password can still log in to your account to use and change the settings without your permission.
If you think your account has been compromised, or you want to change your Netflix password to something else.
The steps to change your password written below apply to both your mobile and web app, which means you can change your password on any device.
- From your device, go to https://www.netflix.com/YourAccount and log in to your account.
- Go to the Membership and Billing section, and click change password.
- Them input your old password and the new password you are planning to use in the input box provided
- Confirm the new password, and click save.
Once you have done that, you have changed your password, and once you sign out of Netflix from all devices, anyone that wants to use your log in details has to have the new password.