Your Apple Watch will give a sound each time there is a notification to call your attention back to the smart device. However, if you are going to get busy you can turn off this sound and maybe turn it on later. So, if you are thinking about whether it’s possible or not to turn sound off on Apple Watch this article will address how to turn off sound on Apple Watch.
However, you can still receive all notifications to your Apple Watch even when the sound is turned off so that you can attend to it later. And in the aural, you can completely turn off stopped your iPhone from sending notifications to your Apple Watch when you disconnect both devices and later setup the Apple Watch and iPhone when you are done and ready to start receiving notifications on your wrist.
So, this article will explicitly address how to turn off notification sound on Apple Watch using the option to mute notifications and other necessary approaches to get the best out of your Watch.
How to Turn Off Notification Sound on Apple Watch
Regardless of whether you are receiving an alert, an alarm, or a notification from Siri, you can silence all noises on your Apple Watch by simply covering it with your palm. Apple advises covering the watch for about three seconds, but the moment your palm touches the Watch’s face, all audio is muted.
Without murmuring, the fast approach you can utilize to turn off notification sound on your Apple Watch is to simply cover the Apple Watch with your palm for about seconds and all incoming notifications will be muted.
However, the option to mute your Apple Watch notifications by covering it will not work if the feature isn’t turned on.
So, by following the steps below you will learn how to turn off notification sound on your Apple Watch.
- Go to your iPhone’s Apple Watch app.
- Select “Sound and Haptics.”
- Turn on the “Cover” to Mute.
When this option is turned on you can easily turn off your Apple Watch notification sound by covering your Watch using your palm.
How to Turn Off Sound on Apple Watch
Since there are a few approaches that can be utilized to turn off notification sound on Apple Watch we will consider all of them in this section. All you just need to do is choose the option that you think is fast to achieve your aim.
So, below, we will discuss various methods on how to turn off notifications sound on Apple Watch.
Enable Silent Mode
While all alerts, alarms, and push notifications are muted when the watch is in silent mode, haptic feedback is still active, so you will still receive notifications via vibrations. Silent Mode does exactly what it says: it silences the watch.
So, if you prefer to turn on the option to silence all notifications on your Apple Watch kindly follow the steps below.
- Swipe up on the Watch Face to access the Control Center.
- Select the Bell icon (the Silent mode icon).
- Once it is enabled, the icon changes to red colour and has a slash running through the bell.
On silent mode, you’d still be able to receive haptic notifications. Additionally, timers and alarms will continue to ring while charging the Watch.
- Go to the Watch’s Settings app and disable Haptic Alerts, or go to the Watch app on your iPhone and disable Sounds and Haptics.
Turn on Do Not Disturb Mode
If you need to permanently silence an Apple Watch, then this function is what you need to enable as it prevents all calls and alerts from ringing or illuminating your Watch.
Except for heart rate notifications and alarms, which continue to sound normally once Do Not Disturb is activated while all incoming alerts and notifications are suppressed from sounding or lighting up the screen. Follow the steps below:
- Swipe up on your Watch face to access the Control Center.
- Select the curved moon icon.
- Now, choose how long you want the Do Not Disturb mode to be active.
- Once you click ‘On,’ it will remain on until you manually turn it off.
- There are options like ‘On for 1 hour’ and ‘On until this evening.’
- These options stated above disable the Do Not Disturb mode after the specified time.
- Once you enable Do Not Disturb, the crescent moon icon appears at the centre of your Watch face.
Although Alarms are excepted as they will still play even if the Do Not Disturb mode is turned off.
Enable Theatre Mode
The Theater Mode on your watch is intended for situations where it’s proper to keep your watch both dark and silent, such as at formal occasions or movie theatres. The screen is dimmed, Silent Mode is activated, and the watch is prevented from waking up once you lift it to your wrist when Theater Mode is activated.
So, if you prefer to make use of the theatre mode to mute your Apple Watch notifications kindly follow the steps below.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on the Apple Watch to display Control Center.
- Select the Theater Mode icon, which resembles a pair of theatre masks.
- If this is your first time using Theater Mode, you will see an explanation screen. Tap Theater Mode at the top.
- Now, Theater mode will shut off your Apple Watch display and mutes all sounds until you exit the app.
- To disable Theater Mode, wake the screen by tapping it or pressing the Digital Crown or Side Button, then swipe up and tap the Theater Mode symbol again.
Turn off Siri
Siri on your Apple Watch can soon get annoying when she doesn’t shut up and sporadically appears on your wrist when the smallest sounds are made. After you update the watchOS version, Siri frequently acts in this manner. You should also note that “Hey Siri” will continue to work even after your Apple Watch is set to silent mode or Do Not Disturb mode.
The best approach to stop Siri from chatting with you is to turn off the feature completely. Therefore, let’s find out how to disable Siri on your Apple Watch below:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Locate and tap the “Siri” settings option.
- Switch “Hey Siri” off by clicking on it.
- If you prefer Siri to listen manually, press and hold the Digital Crown while speaking.
While sounds and notifications are effective at getting your attention, they may also be rather annoying if you get a lot of them when you just need a quiet place to rest. We recommend several alternatives for how to turn off sound on Apple Watch in this post. Each of these methods and their associated steps can be completed in just a minute.