You can block or unblock someone on Instagram with just a few clicks or by tapping a desktop computer or mobile device. Blocking someone on Instagram means that you cannot see or follow their posts, stories, news, or messages. If you unblock someone on Instagram, they can start all of these things again.
How To Unblock Someone On Instagram an overview
Instagram is a great place to share photos with friends and family. However, if you are in the harassment or trolling target, the lock function can be helpful.
Instagram does not give users any notification that they have been blocked or unblocked.
If you block a user, prohibit them from sending text messages or tracking and posting their articles or stories. To block someone, you need to go to their profile page, press, or click on the three dots to the right of their name, and select “Block.”
However, if you change your mind, unblocking people on Instagram is just as easy and only takes a few minutes.
Unlocking people on Instagram from your desktop or an iPhone or Android phone is different for each platform, but both are easy. Here we explain how to do it.
How to Unblock Someone on Instagram
- Start Instagram from your phone’s home screen, which is shown here on an iPhone.
- On the home page of your Instagram news source, find the icon on the far right in the bottom menu of your profile (it looks like your profile photo).
- In the top right corner, look for the symbol that looks like three lines—touch to access the profile menu.
- At the bottom of the profile menu, look for “Settings,” the icon that looks like a gear.
- In Settings, tap “Privacy” on the icon that looks like a padlock.
- In the “Connections” submenu, press “Blocked accounts.”
- In “Locked accounts,” find the user you want to unlock and press. This will take you to your profile page.
- Press “Unlock” under the biography of the user profile.
- A context menu will ask if you want to unlock the users. If so, click “Unlock.” This allows the user to review their profile, follow their account, send them messages, and like their posts when their profile is public.
How to Block Someone on Instagram on a Mobile Device
- start the Instagram app on your device
- Access the profile of the person you want to block by either searching for their account, scrolling through the list of followers, or clicking the name of an account that appears in their chronology.
- Touch the three dots in the upper right corner of the user profile page.
- In the menu that appears, press “Block” to block the user.
Block Someone on a Desktop Computer
- Go to the Instagram website
- Sign in to your account if you are not already signed in.
- Find the profile of the account you want to block.
- Click the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the page to the right of the user’s Instagram ID.
- A menu will appear, click ‘Block user.’
What happens if you Block Someone on Instagram?
You may be wondering what exactly the consequences would be for blocking someone. Apart from not seeing your wonderful profile and your chosen grid, there are a variety of other effects. Let’s take a look at some of the most common Instagram blocking questions.
Will the Person I Blocked know I Blocked Them?
This person can no longer see your profile, posts, or stories on Instagram. They will not receive a notification that you have blocked them. As I said, this is (luckily) a drama-free process. Although I say if they often follow you and suddenly can’t find your profile, they’ll probably get it.
Is the Block Permanent?
No, it is not! You can change your mind at any time and unblock someone on Instagram.
Can the user I blocked still be able to mention?
If you can, However, you will never find out because you will not receive a notification about your activity chain.
Can the person I blocked see my likes and comments in other posts?
Yes, if he follows the account or if it is a public account, he can see that he liked it or that he commented on it.
Will your likes/comments disappear from my messages after you’ve blocked someone?
No, your comments do not disappear from your messages. However, you can manually remove these comments from your messages.
Can I see your Instagram account after I block it?
You can still find his account, but if you look at him, you won’t see any of his messages. It simply says, “No messages yet.” They will also not be able to see their Instagram stories.