How you want your home screen layout to be, depends on personal choice. It’s possible that you want to unlock locked apps on your phone screen and redesign the home screen with your choice. That is why we are considering how to unlock home screen layout on different devices in this article.
The approach to unlock home screen layout on iPhone such as iOS 14 devices is different from how to unlock your Android phone screen layouts, such as Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, and other popular Android devices.
With your phone home screen layout unlocked you will be able to modify your phone home screen layout or how your phone apps appear on the screen.
The smartphone home screen layout allows users to modify their phone layouts between the preset layout 4*6, 5*5, and 5*6. The phone home screen layout alters how your phone apps display on phone.
The Android home screen settings are used to lock layout and unlock layout, set your home screen loop back around when you keep swiping and provide the option to enable Google discover feed.
This article will not be limited to a phone. We will consider various phones and how to unlock their phone screen layout for personal modification.
How to Unlock Home Screen Layout on Huawei
We are starting the Home screen layout settings with the Huawei phone. This works on all Huawei products to unlock the home screen layout and reconfigure how the home screen settings layout on your Huawei phones.
- Press and hold an empty space on your Huawei phone screen.
- Tap on the “Home Screen Settings” that is located at the bottom right.
- Click on the “Layout Lock” toggle icon from blue to grey.
- The Home screen layout will be unlocked.
Now, you will be able to drag, adjust, and modify your Huawei phone home screen layout based on personal interest.
How to Unlock Home Screen Layout on Infinix
Lock home screen layout on your Infinix phone means that you cannot rearrange or modify your apps on the home screen. Therefore, to be able to design your phone screen based on a personal need you need to unlock the home screen layout.
Therefore, here is this section I will walk you through how to unlock home screen layout on Infinix.
- Go to your Infinix phone settings.
- Scroll down and select the “Home screen layout” option.
- A pop-up will appear with a message that the Home screen layout will be unlocked if switch. To proceed, select “Switch” from the pop-up.
- Instantly, you will “Applying” loading on the screen.
Now, go back to your Infinix phone home screen and you will discover that you can now rearrange the screen app and place them in your preferred location.
How to Unlock Home Screen Layout on Samsung
The steps to unlock locked home screen on Samsung smartphone is simple with the TouchWiz home screen layout. Therefore, we will walk you through how to unlock Samsung home screen layout.
- Go back to your Samsung home screen.
- Press and hold an empty space for about 3 seconds.
- To access the home screen layout select the “Home screen settings.”
- Find the locked home screen layout and toggle the locked icon from blue to grey to unlock the layout screen.
That is it. Once you have successfully unlocked the home screen layout you will be able to move your apps from the default location to another location and arrange your phone apps based on what you want.
Don’t Miss: How to Enable and Disable Magazine Lock
How to Unlock Home Screen Layout in Redmi
What comes to my mind most times is how do I unlock my home screen layout on a Redmi smartphone. And here, I have finally found out that the Redmi phones have simple approaches on how to unlock home screen layout on Android.
- Go to your Redmi phone settings.
- Scroll down and select “Home Screen.”
- Toggle off the “Lock Home screen layout” under the “Home screen settings” option.
With the few steps above your Redmi locked home screen layout will be unlocked and you will be able to drag and drop your phone apps settings to your preferred location.
How to Unlock Home Screen Layout on iPhone iOS 10
We quickly run through how to unlock locked home screen layout on iPhone iOS 10 and above.
- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Select “General >> Accessibility.
- Select the “Home Button.”
- Click on the “Toggle On” reset finger to Unlock.
Once the grey icon turns blue your iPhone home screen layout will be unlocked and you will be able to play around with the layout settings.
Unlock Locked Home Screen Layout on Oppo
If you are using any of the Oppo phone brands you can play around with the phone lock screen layout settings and unlock it to be able to rearrange the app icon to what pleases you.
- Click on your Oppo phone gear cog settings.
- Navigate the “Settings” and select “Home screen & wallpaper.”
- Select “Home screen layout.”
- Click on the “layout” toggle button to turn it off to unlock it if it’s locked.
Close your Oppo phone settings and go back to the home screen the apps’ icon will be moveable and you will be able to rearrange the app to what you demand.