This article would do well to intimate you on how to update Oppo Reno 5 firmware. Firmware updates are necessary because they are one sure way that manufacturers deploy to introduce new features into a device and they also enhances user experience. For every firmware update, there will be some sounding changes for your device, such as bug fixes and newly-introduced functions.
Typically, a firmware is the software that runs on your device, in this case, your phone, and it comes preinstalled but it is always advised that you regularly update your firmware, even if your device seem to be working just fine. So, simply put, firmware is software for hardware.
Firmwares are regularly updated by manufacturers for many reasons. Some of which might include: fixing glitches, addressing and resolving bugs, improving functionalities, adding new features to the TV,optimizing system performance, Prolonging your battery life,developing compatibility with more third-party apps and Enhancing the system stability.
Generally, firmwares updates can be done either manually or automatically, and it usually takes about 30 minutes, but that is dependent on the speed of your internet and at what stage you are at of the update.
How To Update Oppo Reno 5 Firmaware
There are three basic methods you can use to update your Oppo Reno 5 firmware, that is
- Using a computer
- Through your phone settings
- Through your memory card
We are going to look at all three methods in this article.
How To Update Oppo Reno 5 Firmware(Using a Computer)
Before you start the update, you want to make sure that you have a good network connection and that you have backed up your phone (that is saved your necessary files and data in an external storage). So, start by backing up your Oppo Reno phone.
- Visiting your local Oppo support Software update website, using your computer.
- From the support homepage, scroll down to Convenient Services then click on Software Updates.
- This is where you check if your phone has an available update, if yes, then click the OPPO phone model that you want to have the software update. In this case, Oppo Reno 5.
- Read the software update information, then click on Download. Check the bottom left part of your browser, to see the file and the time it needs to complete the download.
- Once the download is complete, click on Show in folder, then look for the firmware update file.
- Go ahead to connect your OPPO phone to your computer, then choose Transfer Files. A pop-up will appear on your computer screen, click on Open device to view files.
- Open the two folders on your computer, then drag the firmware update file to the phone storage folder and wait for it to finish transferring.
- Go to File Manager from your phone, then click on Phone Manager and look for your device’s Firmware Package. Double click on the file to download and wait for it to be done. Once, it is done downloading, your firmware update is completed.
How To Update Oppo Reno 5 Firmware ( Through your phone settings).
This is the simplest and most straightforward method, all you have to do is;
- Go to Settings
- Click on Software Updates
- Click on System Update to check for and update your phone’s software to the latest version.
This is how you update your Oppo Reno 5 firmware, through your phone settings.
How To Update Your Oppo Reno 5 Firmware( Through Your Memory Card)
The SD card update is mainly used if the phone freezes while you were on a certain interface, or is refusing to boot, but can get into Recovery Mode nut before you launch an update via your SD card, please be sure to note the following precautionary measures.
- Plug your OPPO phone into power, or at least have a reasonable battery percentage, because the update process usually take time and you don’t want your phone going off while you are at it.
- Try not to operate or power off your device during the process.
- Don’t root the phone yourself, for that might cause damage to your system, and the warranty service will be terminated immediately.
So to begin the update of your Oppo Reno 5;
- Go to your local Oppo official website and tap Software Updates, then look for the model of your Oppo phone on the list.
- Download the firmware to the root directory of your SD Card. (Typically, a root directory is the initial storage location where all other files and folders are located. If you are looking at a list of files on the SD card and you are in a folder on the card, go up in the directory chain until there are no more folders to go up to. That is how you locate the root directory).
- Then, insert your SD card, and Power off the phone.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons, until your phone enters Recovery Mode.
- After entering the Recovery mode, choose a language.
Under the Recovery Mode, click Install from storage device, then Install from SD and, find the update package.
Note: You may need to enter your lock screen password before proceeding to install the package.
- Tap the firmware. A confirmation message will appear on your screen.
- Tap Yes, and your device will reboot and start updating.
- Give it time and allow it.
If for any reason, your Oppo Reno 5 fails to update after you have tried these three methods. Then it is about time, you call your local OPPO Service Center but before you do that, be sure to prepare your warranty card and contact your nearest Oppo Customer Service.
The overall performance of your device depends on a firmware update, which is why you should regularly update your Oppo Reno 5 firmware.
After the firmware update, your device indisputably performs better and the functionality of processor are also enhanced to give you an overall excellent user experience.
One thing you must always bear in mind though, before updating your firmware is to check that it is the exact firmware version for your model of the device , and you can get the update either by the manufacturer of firmware or by the software provider.
So for enjoying and gaining the best experience of your device performance, you should always update your firmware and keep your devices at their best.