The signal app is really into competing with WhatsApp and Telegram with the new feature to use the Signal app on PC. So, if you anticipating to use Signal on PC here is what you need to do. In this guide, I will detail how to use Signal on PC so that you can receive all Signal notifications, send messages, and be active on you Signal account on mobile even if you are not with your mobile phone where the Signal app is installed.
What is Signal App?
The Signal app is a private messenger app alternative to WhatsApp, Telegram, and other end-to-end encryption messenger apps for Android and iOS (iPhone/iPad).
The Signal app is free just like other alternatives. It makes use of users phone number for registration.
So, if you are going to switch from WhatsApp to other messenger apps we recommend either Signal or Telegram. However, before you start to use either of the apps, we recommend you out in place the necessary security settings that will make your data fully secure on the Signal app or your choice of the private messenger app.
How to Install Signal App on PC
Before we can start to use the Signal app on our Windows or Mac computer we need to download and install our OS version. Therefore, in this regard, we need to download and install the Signal client for Windows.
- Go to the official Signal website on www.signal.org.
- Scroll down to the page footer and click on “Windows” under “Download.”
- Install the Signal app on your PC. This might take a few seconds to complete. And once you have successfully downloaded and installed the Signal app on your PC follow the steps below to start to use Signal on PC.
How to Use Signal on PC
The following procedures details how to use the Signal app on PC without using an Android emulator such as BlueStacks.
- Open the Signal app on your PC. And wait for the Signal Desktop app to load. Once it loads you should see “Link your phone to your Signal Desktop.”
- Open the Signal app on your Android or iPhone/iPad. Tap on your account profile picture and tap “Link Devices.”
- Tap on the “+” button to the bottom right and scan the Signal QR code on your PC. Tap on “Link Device” once you have captured the QR code successfully.
- Device approved will pop-up on your phone. Choose a device name on your PC and click on “Finish linking phone.”
- The Signal PC will start to sync your contacts and groups from mobile. This will last for a couple of minutes. You just have to hang on for the synchronization to complete.
Once the setup is completed you will see all contacts and groups on your Signal PC. And without your Signal phone app, you can start using the Signal app on your PC.
So, this is the step-by-step procedures on how to use Signal on PC for free.