If you feel your Instagram account is compromised you need to change your password before the third party using it does that. So, here, we will look at how to reset your Instagram password with and without the old password or verification code sent to your phone number.
How to Reset Instagram Account on Android
If the Instagram App is installed on your Android phone and you think your account is compromised then, you should consider resetting your Instagram account and log out on all devices.
- Launch the “Instagram App” on your Android phone.
- Click on “Forgot Password.”
- Type your “Instagram Username” or “Email” or “Phone Number” and click on “Find Account.”
- You will see your “Instagram Profile” picture.
- Tap on the “Continue” tab.
- A 6-digit “Verification Code” will be sent to your “Phone Number.”
- Type the “Code” and click on the “Confirm” button.
- You will be signed into your “Instagram Account.”
- Now, tap on your “Instagram Profile” at the bottom right.
- Click on the “three lines” at the top right.
- Choose “Settings and Privacy.”
- Tap “Account Center.”
- Click on “Password and security.”
- Choose “Change Password.”
- Type your “Current Instagram Password.”
- Set a new “Password”, repeat the password and click on “Change Password.”
You can check out How to Change Gmail Password
How to Reset Instagram Account on iPhone
If you are using the Instagram app on your iPhone you can simply follow the step below to change or reset your password.
- Launch the “Instagram App” on your iPhone.
- Choose “Forgotten Password.”
- Type either your “Instagram phone number, email or username.”
- Your “Profile Picture” will appear.
- If you can confirm your “Profile Picture” you can click on the “Continue” button and you will be signed in automatically. Otherwise, you want to click on “Try Another Way.”
- Once you click on try another way you will be prompted to choose between getting a code or link via your email address or getting a code via SMS or enter password to log in.
- Now select “Get code or link via email” to get the password reset link via your email.
- Now tap on “Continue.”
- Log into your email account and click on “Reset your Password.”
- Type your “New Instagram Password.”
- Check “Log out of other devices. Choose this if someone else used your account.
- Tap “Continue.”
Your password will be reset and changed to the new password you created.
How to Reset Instagram Account PC
Instagram made it easy to reset your Instagram password on your PC using the official website. So, follow the steps below will show you how to reset and change your Instagram password.
- Go to Instagram.com on your browser.
- Choose “Forgot Password.”
- Type your “Email, Phone, or Username” and click “Send Login Link.”
- Check “I’m not a robot” and tap the “Next” button.
- An email will be sent to the email you associated with your Instagram account.
- Open the “Email link” and tap “Reset your Password.”
- Type a new “Password” and click on “Continue.”
Check “Log out of other devices” if you think your Instagram account is compromised or you think someone else is using your Instagram account.
How to Reset Instagram Password without Old Password
Resetting your Instagram password takes different turns. You may need to provide your old password and you may not; this depends on the method used while resetting your Instagram password. Therefore, the steps below will walk you through how to reset your Instagram password without old password.
- Open a browser and visit “Instagram.com.”
- Tap “Login.”
- Choose “Forgot Password” or “Forgotten Password.”
- Type your “Email or phone number or username.”
- Tap “Send log in link.”
- Check “I am not a robot” and click on the “Next” button below.
- Tap “OK” and go to your email account to open the password reset link.
- Click on “Reset your Password.”
- Type your “New Instagram Password”, and repeat the same password in the next column.
- Tap “Reset Password.”
That is all you have to do to reset your Instagram password without your old password or phone number.