SECU login is a user password and username to sign in to the State Chartered Credit Union. As a SECU member with or without a credit card, all your deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) of the U.S. federal government. If you have known all these about SECU and the mobile banking you will learn how to create SECU login details in this short article, sign in to your SECU account, reset SECU password, and troubleshoot your SECU account.
What is SECU?
SECU is a (nonprofit) financial institution that is owned by employees of the State of North Carolina. SECU or State Employee’s Credit Union of the state of North Carolina was founded in the year 1937 with a net worth of over $41 billion with over 2.2 million active members which valid membership registration. As we write, SECU has over 6,000 employees with SECU login operating at least 265 branches across the parent state and has over 1,100 network ATM. As we speak, it’s the second-largest credit unions on the United State.
State Employee’s Credit Union Checking
SECU has both the downside and upside for checking. And from what we gathered, here are some of the downside and upside.
- You will be charged a monthly fee of $1. It’s norms of the organisation so you cannot dribble past it.
- You can only use SECU ATM for free when you are within the parent state, North of Carolina. The moment you move out of this jurisdiction you will be charged for using ATM.
- Thinking about the banking sector annual percentage, SECU offers the cheapest when you compared it with others. It has the lowerest percentage of 0.25% which is the least in the industry.
- You can open SECU account with any amount. There is no minimum requirement. However, with your SECU zero account, you must keep a minimum of $1 in your account monthly for maintenance fee.
- You will always have access to your fund in North Carolina as there are over 1,100 SECU ATM’s network available.
SECU offers offline banking system which includes savings and currents account as part of SECU accounts SECU employees can open and operate. As it were, SECU share savings account has the following advantages and disadvantages over its competitors.
- APY national average is 0.09% while you earn 0.75% with SECU share savings account
- You do not need to empty your account to open share saving account on SECU. You only need $25 to open and operate SEC savings account.
- You will need to battle with the maintenance fee of $1 if you have less than the minimum fee for opening a savings account.
SECU Membership Enrollment
Here are the basic requirements you need to proceed with your SECU membership enrollment.
- 16 digits of your ATM card number
- 3-digit Voice Response Number
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Date of Birth
With this information available you can proceed to SECU membership enrolment page to create your account.
SECU Login Password Reset
Here is how to reset your SECU login using a web browser.
- Open your browser and visit SECU home
- Navigate to “Quick Links” on the right
- Click on “Forgotten Password”
- Enter your “User ID”
- Enter the last 5 digits of your social security number (SSN)
- Click on the “Continue” button
- Follow the instruction on the screen to reset your SECU login password.
SECU Routing Number
Your SECU routing number is a 9-digits number at the bottom of your check slip that is closely written to your account number: Routing Number: 253177049.
You can use the following information to contact SECU customer department for more information about your SECU login and account-related questions.
- SECU email: email@example.com.
- Report Fraud: (888) 732-8562.
- Report Card Stolen or Misplaced: (888) 732-8562.
- Account Verification: (800)732-8243 or (919) 839-5434
- Media Contact: (888) 478-4648 / (919) 327-8869
- Fax Request to: (919) 839-8130