Netflix NSES 500 error is a server down error that pops when you are streaming or trying to stream your paid or free content on Netflix. When the error occurs you will not be able to stream on Netflix again. However, you can troubleshoot the error code NSES-500 Netflix on all devices.
Here in this guide, you will understand Netflix error code NSES-500 and why the Netflix error NSES-500 keeps repeating itself.
Table of Contents
What is Netflix NSES 500 Error?
NSES 500 is an HTP error on Netflix that is preventing your network service from connecting to Netflix service. This NSES-500 Netflix error occurs as a result of the server connection error between your device and the Netflix streaming service’s server.
Troubleshoot Netflix code NSES-500
Netflix highlights steps for each device including smart TV users on how to fix NSES500 error while streaming on Netflix app or web portal.
How to Fix Netflix NSES Code 500 on Smart TV
The steps to fix NSES-500 error code Netflix are:
- Restart your Smart TV.
- Sign out and sign in to your Netflix account.
How to Restart Smart TV
Depending on your smart TV, here is the general approach to restart your smart TV.
- Remove your Smart TV plug from a power socket for at least 60 seconds.
- Discharge your “Smart TV” while you press and hold the power button on the TV for 5 seconds.
- However, if the power button of your TV is not accessible. Leave the TV out of power for at least 5 minutes or more to discharge all the power.
- Plug your TV cable back to the power source.
- Turn on your smart TV.
- Now, go to Netflix homepage on your smart TV and sign in to your account.
Sign out of your Netflix Account
Whether on your smart TV or on Netflix mobile app, you should consider signing out of your Netflix account to fix the Netflix NSES-500 error.
Logout Netflix Account on Smart TV
It’s stated that the Netflix NSES-500 error occurs as a result of the “network connection” between the “Netflix server” and your device. However, when you logged off your account on your smart TV could also fix it.
- Press the “Home” button on your smart TV “remote”.
- Click on the “Left” button and select “Settings”.
- Hover to “Sign Out” and select it.
- Select “Confirm” from the popup notification.
Now, after you have signed out of your Netflix account, restart your device and sign in again. The error code NSES 500 you encounter earlier should be clear.
Check your Internet Service
Whether you connect to a public network (WiFi) or a mobile network, you have to make sure that your internet service is working perfectly. Poor internet service can result in Netflix code NSES-500.
You can use a service like Fast.com to check the speed of your device upload and download speed.
NSES-500 Netflix Reddit
You can rely on other solutions from people on Reddit. There is a thread discussing Netflix error code NSES 500. However, one of the few approaches that work for Reddit users is to clear caches on Netflix app.
- Go to your device [Smart phone] settings.
- Click on “Apps” or “Manage Applications” or “Manage Apps”.
- Find and click the “Netflix App”.
- Click on “Storage”.
- Click ” Clear Caches”.
If clearing your Netflix app caches failed to fix the NSES-500 error code consider clearing the app data. This will remove logins [username and password]. Launch the app again and log into your account. This could fix the error code NSES-500 on your Netflix account.
Contact Netflix Customer Support
I’ll advise you to resort to contacting Netflix customer support if all the above steps didn’t work for you. All you need to down is download and install Netflix app on your smart TV, log in to your account, and call Netflix customer support.