23andMe is a web portal that focuses on family history such as DNA, genetics, etc. Just like Ancestry and family tree, 23andMe offers reputable information on health-related issues include medical advice and family planning. However, if you have created your 23andMe login it means you are ready to take your health issue to the next level and you are ready to depend on experts to handle and give advice on how to stay healthy.
You only need to pay little to access your health information and confide on medical experts on what to do. However, you 23andMe login gives you access to download your health data for personal use and to be able to compare your DNA result from 23andMe.com expert to other results from other experts from other platforms such as familytree.com and ancestry.com.
In that case, we’ll handle this guide in such a way that you will be able to log in to your 23andMe account and download your raw DNA data from the platform. If you have also forgotten your 23andMe password this guide will put you through to reset it and re-again access to your 23andMe account.
How 23andMe Work?
This is a question that has been asked by millions before they register 23andMe account for their DNA result and genetic analysis. We will help you clear your doubt in this section as to how 23andMe works.
- Order for your 23andMe collection tube to collect your saliva for your DNA test. The kits (Health + Ancestry or Ancestry + Traits services) will arrive in less than 72 hours.
- Now, register your saliva collection tube using the barcode to identify which saliva tube that is belong to you. For how to do this follow the instruction on the kits.
- Package the collection tube into the kit and send it back to the mailing information for analysis.
- Once your package has been delivered you will receive an email about the progress of your DNA. However, in not more than 5 weeks an email will be sent to you to know whether your DNA result is ready to download.
Once the DNA result is ready you can proceed with the guideline below to download your 23andMe DNA raw data.
How to Download 23andMe Raw DNA
Here is how to download your DNA from 23andMe portal RAW for personal use and to keep a copy of the file offline.
- Go to 23andme official website at www.23andme.com.
- Enter your login password and username.
- On the navigation bar click on “tools”.
- Click on “browse raw data” from the drop-menu.
- Click the “Download” tab on the navigation bar.
- Scroll to ‘Request your Raw Data Download” and click on “Submit Request”.
- 23andMe will forward and email containing your DNA raw data.
- Click on the “email” and click “Download Raw data”.
- You will be redirected to the 23andMe login webpage.
- Enter your 23andMe username and password and click “Sign in”.
- You will see your “Your raw data download is ready”.
- Click “Download raw data”.
A copy of your 23andMe raw data will be downloaded to your machine in a PDF format. To open the raw data, go to your file or file manager and locate the download folder. Find 23andMe file and click on it. Select “Adobe Reader” to open the file if you are using a mobile phone. For PC, just double-click on the 23andMe file to open using the PDF reader on your PC.
Forgot 23andMe Login
You wouldn’t want to forget your 23andMe login when you want to download your raw data. Not only that, you must only supply your 23andMe username and password whenever you want to sign in to your account.
However, the only solution is to reset 23andMe password if you can’t remember where you kept the details and it’s not saved on your PC or phone using your favourite password manager.
- Go to 23andme.com homepage.
- Click “Sign in” in the DNA genetic test and analysis website.
- Click “Forgot your password”.
- Enter your 23andMe associated email address.
- Click “Send reset email”.
- Log into your email address and click on the “password reset link”.
- Type the new password you want to use.
- Repeat the password again.
- Click “Submit”.
That is all. Your 23andMe password will be reset and you will be able to log in to your 23andMe account to download your raw data.