If you interested in learning about ESPN and how to install and activate it on your Apple TV? Then you are in the right place. Sit back and read this article on how to activate ESPN on Apple TV without any skips, as it promises to give you all the information about ESPN and the simple steps you can take to activate ESPN on your Apple TV.
ESPN, which is short for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network is an American sports cable channel operated by Disney Inc. ESPN channel mainly focuses on sports-related content.
There are two ways through which you can access and activate ESPN on your Apple TV. One is by downloading the ESPN application from the Apps section. Second method is by accessing it with your cable channel subscription account or using live TV streaming services to stream ESPN.
ESPN, which I will like to nickname, the renowned Sports Channel is available to more than 80 million American households in the United State and by the way, ESPN is most popular in the United States but it has expanded its reach to over 200 countries. Now, it is successfully delivering its contents worldwide.
When you activate ESPN, you will get unlimited access to sports events like NFL and NBA, sports-related content such as, debates and sports analysis. Do you still need further convincing to activate ESPN on your Apple TV?
On the other hand, Apple TV is not your regular television set, rather it is a streaming device used to access streaming content from all your favorite TV and movie providers.
Apple TV allows you listen to and watch podcasts on it, play games, stream music, depending on the kinds of apps you choose to install.
How To Get The Apple TV Started
For you to get to the point where you can activate ESPN on your Apple TV, you have to first set up the Apple TV.
Now, the only two things you will need to set up Apple TV (besides an actual TV) are an HDMI cable (not included) and an internet connection.
An Ethernet port for a hardwired Internet connection, Wi-Fi and a remote control are three components that comes with your Apple TV. So, once you hook it up to your TV via the HDMI cable and turn it on, you’ll run through a short setup program to get you started.
This process includes entering your Apple ID, which is an authentication method used by Apple for iPhone, iPad, Mac and other Apple devices. Apple ID also comes in handy when you need to download apps on your iPad. You’ll also need to type in your Wi-Fi information if you’re connecting wirelessly.
How To Activate ESPN on Apple TV
Okay, now let’s get right into how you can activate ESPN on your Apple TV. First, you need to;
- Start the ESPN app on your Apple TV.
- Then select Settings.
- From settings, select Subscriptions.
- Click on Subscribe.
- Select Log In.
- From here, be sure to note down the activation code and go to http://espn.com/activate on your computer or mobile browser.
- On your browser, enter the activation code and select Continue.
- Log in to your existing ESPN account or create a new one.
Your subscription will be now linked to your Apple TV device, and your account will be available to use on any other supported device.
Shows on ESPN
The more reason you should activate ESPN on your Apple TV is the different genres of shows of ESPN offers, ranging from;
- Original Series
- Game Telecasts
- Professional Wrestling
Some of these shows have been airing since 1990 till date. It’s the consistency for me.
How To Fix ESPN Not Working On Apple TV
If you are able to follow through the activation process and activate ESPN on your Apple TV successfully,then it should be working just fine.
However, if the activation process failed or was activated but the ESPN app is not working on your Apple TV, the following procedures will help you to fix the error problem.
1. Poor Internet Connection:
Poor internet connection like a slow Wi-Fi can cause your ESPN app not to load or open. To get that sorted;
- Select Settings, then Network.
- On the Network screen, under Status, look for an IP address. If no IP address appears, restart your modem or wireless access point (WAP) and Apple TV device.
- Meanwhile, if an IP address appears but the signal strength is weak, you can take the following actions:
- Confirm that your network and not someone else’s appears as the Network Name.
- Then, move your modem or WAP closer to the Apple TV device.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the modem or WAP to the Apple TV device instead of using a wireless connection.
- Invest in a Wi-Fi extender to increase the signal strength near the Apple TV device.
2. Uninstall and ReInstall The App
- From the Apple TV home screen, highlight the ESPN app.
- Then, press and hold the center of your touchpad (the ESPN icon will begin to shake).
- Press the play/pause button.
- Click on Delete to confirm.
- Go to the Apple TV app store.
- Reinstall the app from the store and try to open it again.
3. Restart the Apple TV
- Press and hold both the Back of the TV( for second-generation Siri Remote) or Menu ( for first-generation Siri Remote) and TV buttons on the Siri Remote until the Apple TV status light blinks rapidly.
- Then disconnect Apple TV from the power outlet, wait five seconds, then reconnect it.
Open Settings on Apple TV, go to System and select Restart.
4. Clear The Cache
The good thing about Apple TVs, is they are designed such that deleting the application installed automatically deletes all its data including the cache. So, if you want to clear the cache on your Apple TV, you have to delete the application that is causing the issue. Once you do so, the application will be the application and its cache data will be deleted as well.
If you are facing an issue with a particular application, then deleting it and reinstalling may fix the issue. Here are the steps:
- Open Settings.
- Access the General tab and go to the Manage Storage option.
- Now, go to the Bin icon, here you will get the list of items(Apps).
- Select the app and press the Clickpad centre.
- Now, the app and all the data including the cache will be removed from the device.
So there goes your simple guidelines on how to activate ESPN on Apple TV.
We hope every step was simple enough,such that you can follow through without any hassle.
Thank you for reading, be sure keep an eye on our page for more related posts.