Amazon.com/mytv is a web portal to watch Amazon prime video on a smart TV without cable. The portal uses the activation code from the Amazon Prime app on a smart TV. When you download and install the Amazon Prime app on your smart TV, open the app, select “Register on Amazon website” to view the activation code. You will then be asked to go to the Amazon Prime official website on your PC or mobile phone using your Amazon myTV login username and password to register your device to stream Amazon Prime video without cable.
However, if you are having a hard time to log in to your www.amazon.com account to activate Amazon Prime on your TV without cable this guide will put you through on how to troubleshoot your password and username.
We’ll also take you through how to create Amazon.com/mytv free trial registration and account verification procedure.
It’s prominent that you have access to your email address for the password reset OTP that will be sent to you to be able to reset and change your password.
Table of Contents
Amazon Prime Free Trial
Amazon Prime offers 30 days free trial before the first $12.99/month (plus any applicable taxes. You can cancel anytime Amazon Prime free trial at any time. However, you need to hit the cancel Amazon Prime membership button before the end of the free trial period if you don’t want to be charged.
- Go to Amazon.com/amazonprime on your computer.
- Click on “Start your 30 days free trial” in the orange color.
- Click “create your Amazon Account”.
- Type your name, email, password, and click on “create your Amazon account” on the Amazon prime registration page.
- Enter the OPT sent to your email address and click on “create your Amazon account to verify your email registration address.
- Scroll down and add your card information and click on “Add your card”.
- Your free trial will begin but you will not be debit yet.
A confirmation link will be sent to your email address. Now, your Amazon Prime free trial will start and you need to cancel your free trial before the trial time lapse.
The purpose of the credit card you added to the Amazon Prime free trial is mainly for Amazon to be able to process the fee after the trial period ends.
Reset Amazon myTV Login
If you ever choose to reset your login to Amazon Prime video here is how to go about it.
- Go to Amazon Prime homepage.
- Click on “Forgot” password.
- Type your phone number or email address.
- Click on “Continue”.
- Type the “OTP” sent to your email to “authenticate” the request and click on the “Continue” button.
- Enter the full name associated with your account and click “Continue”.
- Type your new password and re-type to confirm it on “create new password” page. Click “save and sign-in” to create and save your new Amazon Prime login password.
- Type your “Amazon.com/myTV login email and click on “Continue”.
- Type the new password and click “sign-in”.
- Amazon will say “To protect against unauthorized access, please answer the following Dynamic Challenge Question (DCQ)” please enter the full name associated with your account and click “Continue”.
You will be asked to add your phone number if you have not added it. To add it later click on “Not now”.
Note: If you can’t recollect the full name associated with your Amazon Prime video account click on “don’t know the answers” and click on Amazon Customer Service to report account issue.
How to Change Amazon.com/myTV Password
Here we quickly look at how to change your Amazon Prime login password without using the “forgot password” on Amazon.com Prime video homepage.
- Sign in to your Amazon Prime video account.
- Click on your “profile name” to the top-right.
- Click “Login & Security” under “Your Account”.
- Click “Edit” in the “Password” section.
- Type your “Current password”, new password, re-type the “new password” and click on “save changes”.