Have you been unable to use your dishwasher because it is displaying a Bosch dishwasher E25 error, and you have been wondering what the error means and how you can fix it? Then look no further, as this article will explain the meaning of the error and possible solutions to resolve it.
The Bosch dishwasher is a notable brand, loved by many for its efficiency and reliability.
Using the Bosch dishwasher to wash your dishes helps to save time and also helps to reduce the amount of water you would typically use when washing plates with your hands.
However, like every other device, it can be prone to experiencing certain faults, and the Bosch dishwasher e25 error code signifies one of the faults it can experience.
The remaining section of this article will explain the meaning of the Bosch dishwasher e25 error code and how to fix it.
What is the Meaning of the Bosch Dishwasher E25 Error Code
The bosch dishwasher has different error codes to help you quickly diagnose issues with the dishwasher when they occur.
The Bosch dishwasher E25 error when it appears on your dishwasher is simply to notify you that the dishwasher is having difficulty draining because either the drain pump is blocked or the drain cover is loose or missing.
You can also check out 7 Ways to Fix Dishwasher Leaking from Bottom of Door.
How to Fix Bosch Dishwasher E25 Error Code
The primary reason for the Bosch dishwasher e25 error code is either a clogged drain pump or a missing or loose drain cover.
You can attempt different troubleshooting methods to resolve the Bosh dishwasher e25 error, and this section of the article will explain them.
Clean the Dishwasher Filter
Some of the Bosch dishwasher models have a removable filter, and a clogged filter might prevent water from going down the drain pump.
Follow the instructions below to clean the filter
- Unplug the dishwasher from its power outlet.
- Remove the bottom dish rack, and depending on your model, also remove the spray arm.
- Then gently remove the filter from the dishwasher.
- Now wash the filter with warm soapy water till it is clean from all dirt and other particles.
Put the filter back into the dishwasher and proceed to wash with the dishwasher to confirm that you have fixed the Bosch dishwasher e25 error code issue.
Clean the Drain Hose
The drain hose plays an integral part in draining waste water away from the dishwasher, as it is the connection between the drain pump and the sink pipe.
So if it gets clogged with food particles or any other particles, wastewater will not flow through, causing the Bosh dishwasher e25 error.
Follow the instructions below to clean the drain hose.
- Disconnect the Bosch dishwasher from its power source.
- Remove the dishwater dish plate or bottom access panel.
- Then gently detach the hose from the dishwasher and sink, preparing adequately for a possible water spill when disconnecting.
- Now remove the food particles and other debris clogging the hose by using either a drain snake cleaning tool or by pouring hot water and vinegar down the hose.
After following the instructions, you should use the dishwasher to wash plates to ensure that you have resolved the Bosch dishwasher e25 error code issue.
Check the Drain Pump Cover
If the drain pump cover is loose or missing, the dishwasher will have difficulties draining wastewater, subsequently resolving the Bosch dishwasher e25 error.
Follow the steps below to see if your drain pump cover is loose.
- Unplug the dishwasher from its power outlet.
- Remove the bottom dish rack and the spray arm.
- Then gently remove the filter to see the pump cover.
- If you see that it is loose, tighten it. If the pump cover is missing, then you have to order a replacement to replace it.
Clean Clogged Drain Pump
The drain pump is essential to the dishwasher, as it helps drain wastewater, and if it is clogged with food particles or any other debris, it might result in the Bosch dishwasher e25 error.
Follow the instructions below to clean the drain pump.
- Disconnect the dishwasher from its power source.
- Then remove the bottom dish rack and, depending on your model, the spray arm.
- Then gently remove the filter to access the pump cover.
- Then with a spoon, remove the pump cover until it clicks.
- Now pull upward while holding the cover until you encounter resistance, and then pull forward to remove the cover completely.
- Then check the drain pump and use a sponge to remove every debris and dirty water in the pump.
You should wear protective gloves when removing food particles and other debris from the drain pump, as there might be sharp articles in it.
After cleaning the drain pump, you should use the dishwasher to wash dishes to ensure that you have resolved the Bosch dishwasher e25 error.
What is the Bosch Dishwasher E24 Error
The Bosch dishwasher e24 error occurs when your dishwasher is unable to drain wastewater because the drain filter is blocked.
The error can occur because of one of the following reasons.
- The drain hose is blocked and needs to be cleaned.
- The drain filter is clogged and needs to be cleaned.
- You recently got new garbage disposal and forgot to remove the knockout plug when installing it in the dishwasher.
What are the Bosch Dishwasher Error Codes?
The Bosch dishwasher error codes are designed to help you quickly diagnose basic issues with your dishwasher.
The Bosch dishwasher error codes are:
- Error E12: This error code notifies you of a limescale build-up in your dishwasher.
- Error E14: This implies a flow meter failure in your dishwasher.
- Error E15: This means that there is water in the base trough of your dishwasher.
- Error E16 and E17: These error codes imply that water is filling your dishwasher system.
- Error E18: This error code implies an issue with the water flow in your dishwasher.
- Error E22: This error code is to notify you that your drain filter is blocked.
- Error E23: This error code signifies an issue with your dishwasher’s drain pump.
- Error E24: This error code means that your dishwasher is not draining.
- Error E25: This error code means a drain issue caused by a blocked drain pump, a clogged drain filter, or a jammed pump impeller.
This article has explained the meaning behind the Bosch dishwasher E25 error and the troubleshooting methods you can use to fix it. Always remember to disconnect the dishwasher from its power source before attempting any of the solutions.
If you have attempted one or all of the solutions in the article with no success, it is recommended that you seek further assistance from a professional.