This post will provide step by step burn Windows 10 .iso to USB using Power ISO tool. PowerISO tool is a tool to burn, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split, open, and mount Windows 10 .iso to an external drive such as a USB, flash, Pen Drive, external hard disk, etc.
When your burn iso to USB using the Power ISO tool you will be able to use the USB which is turned to a bootable USB using the ISO tool to install Windows OS from a USB.
The techniques to install Windows 10 from a USB is fast and easy. It doesn’t require you to download the whole Windows 10 or Windows 7 if you are upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 once you have your Windows 7 product key available.
However, with the help of the Windows Media Creation Tool developed by Microsoft to help pulled Windows update directly from the Microsoft site, you can download Windows .iso file, burn it to a USB or flash drive, just any removable with the minimum requirement to install Windows from a USB.
The Power ISO stands as an offline installer to install Windows from a drive, USB, CD/DVD, Pen Drive, and other removable that can be turned to a removable.
The tool, however, supports all Windows Architectures and it also works on Mac computer as well. When you download the Power ISO tool, it can be used on Windows 32 bit or Windows 64 bit depending on your Windows Architecture.
Table of Contents
The requirements are basics requirement for installing lightweight tools on Windows computer. However, if you are longing for Power ISO tool full version for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, you must subscribe to a paid version.
The free version limited your access to the tool’s premium features which is beyond mounting .iso to USB or other removables.
You can also run the Power ISO on Mac computers to create a bootable iso file. However, the minimum requirement for Mac computers caught across Macintosh OS and the device configuration.
How to Download and Install Power ISO on Windows
The Power ISO tool has a paid and free tool to create and burn .iso file on removable to turn the device to a bootable device. Both the free version and the paid version has 32 bit and 64 bit respectively for the offline installer.
However, with the free version, you will have access to the basic features of the tool to burn iso to USB or CD/DVD while the registered version will give you absolute control over all the features of the tool and grant you access to contact Power ISO developers support if you run into problem while installing or using the tool.
2. Go to your download folder and double-click on the Power ISO offline installer and accept the popup by clicking “Yes”.
3. Go through the terms and condition and click on the “I Agree” button to start installing the tool offline.
3. Select set up a folder to install Power ISO v7.4 and click on the Install button as indicated by the arrow.
4. Keep your fingers cross as the ISO tool is installed on your PC. This takes a few seconds to complete.
5. Tap on “Next” once the installation is completed.
6. Leave everything as it’s under the “File Association” and select the number of drives to mount at a time under the Virtual Driver Manager” and tap Close.
Note: Do not touch anything under miscellaneous except you know what you are doing.
Once the Power ISO offline installation is completed an icon will be added to your computer desktop and a thank you page will open on your computer default browser.
Download Windows 10 .iso File
Windows .iso offline creator is what we need to burn .iso to USB. However, downloading the Windows .iso using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool will not download .iso file that can be used to create a bootable USB.
Here in this tutorial, we’d make use of the Google Chrome browser to download Windows 10 ISO file offline.
1. Go to Microsoft page to download Windows Media Creation Tool page. You will see the download now button. Just ignore it and do not do anything.
2. Go to developer option in your Chrome browser via the 3-dots >> More Tools >> Developer tools or Press Ctrl+Shift+I.
3. Click the 3-dots to the upper right navigate to More Tools > Network Conditions to enable it.
4. In the User-agent section untick automatically
5. Under Chrome configuration choose Chrome OS (we chose that for the purpose of this tutorial).
6. Still, in the user-agent section, you need to select OS that is not Windows related. Therefore, for this, we’d choose Blackberry OS
7. Do not close the developers’ menu and refresh the Windows 10 .iso file download page. Now, you will see an option where to select Windows 10 edition.
8. Select the Windows 10 Edition and tap on the confirm button
9. Choose your preferred language from the drop menu. The default language is the English Language. You can also change it.
10. Select your Windows 10 architecture (32 bit or 64 bit) and click on it to start downloading Windows 10 ISO file to your PC.
11. The downloaded file will be saved as a PowerISO(.iso) file in the selected directory.
The Windows 10 ISO file will be downloaded to your PC and it’ll be ready to burn iso to USB using Power ISO tool.
Burn Windows 10 .iso to USB using PowerISO
This will guide you to burn Windows 10 .iso to USB using PowerISO tool to make the USB bootable.
1. Launch the PowerISO tool from your desktop
2. Insert your USB (empty) to your PC
2. Tap on the Menu >>Tools > Create Bootable USB Drive”.
4. The UAC dialogue will popup asking for administrative right. Click on OK to continue.
5. Click on … to open Windows 10 .iso file in your file directory to create bootable USB drive dialogue box.
6. Go to “Destination USB Drive” and select the inserted USB drive
7. Choose “USB-HDD” in the writing method section
8. Click on the start button to starting burning the Windows 10 .iso file to the selected USB drive.
9. Click OK on the PowerISO notification (All data on the USB drive will be erased).
10. The Power ISO tool will start mounting the .iso file to your USB drive and you will see the mounting progress on your screen.
11. Once the mounting is completed the PowerISO tool will pop up a complete notification.