YouTube allows all users to change their username twice in 14 days across all devices and the name will only be visible on the YouTube platform. You may choose to change your YouTube username because you want to rebrand or you misspelt the old username. So, in this article, you will how to change YouTube username on your Android, iPhone and computer [PC/Mac]
How to Change YouTube Username on Android
By taking the following steps on your Android phone you can simply change your YouTube username.
By following the steps below on the official YouTube app on your Android phone you will be able to change your YouTube username.
Recommended: How to Get a YouTube Custom URL
- Launch the “YouTube” app on your Android phone.
- Choose your “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Select “Your Channel.”
- Tap on the “Edit Pencil” icon next to “Manage Videos.”
- Select “Name.”
- Delete the “Username” and type a new one.
- Choose “Save” to make changes.
The YouTube Studio app provides the easiest approach to changing your YouTube username. So, taking the steps below is a way forward to change or edit your username on YouTube.
- Open the “YouTube Studio” app on your Android phone.
- Tap your “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Select the “Edit Pencil” next to your “Name.”
- Type the “New YouTube Username.”
- Select “Save.”
It’s worth noting that you can only change your YouTube username twice in 14 days.
How to Change YouTube Username on iPhone
If you have both the YouTube app and YouTube Studio app installed on your iPhone you can follow through to change your username on Facebook.
Follow the steps below on the official YouTube app on your iPhone to learn about how to change your username on YouTube on your iOS devices.
- Open the “YouTube” app on your iPhone.
- Click on your “Profile” at the top right.
- Select “Your Channel” from the menu.
- Tap the “Edit Pencil” icon next to your “YouTube Stats.”
- Choose “Name” and edit the “Username.”
- Tap “Save” to make changes instantly.
YouTube Studio App
You first need to download and install the YouTube Studio app on your iPhone via the Apple apps store. Now, once the app has been downloaded [or updated to the latest version] you should consider the following steps.
- Launch the “YouTube Studio” app on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Select your “YouTube Username.”
- Choose “Name” by tapping on it.
- Delete the old “Username” and type your new “Username.”
- Hit “Save.”
That is exactly what you need to do to change your YouTube username on your iPhone.
How to Change YouTube Username on Windows
Whether you are using a PC or Mac; this article will walk you through the steps to take to change your username on YouTube.
- Go to “YouTube.com”
- Sign in to your Google account with your “Gmail Account.”
- Select the “YouTube Name” you want to change from the pop-up.
- Choose your “YouTube Profile” at the top right and select “Your Channel” from the menu.
- Select “Customize Channel” on the navigation.
- Click on “Basic Info.”
- Delete the old “YouTube Username” in the “Name” column and type a new username.
- Select “Publish” at the top right to save your changes.
Your YouTube username will be changed only on YouTube.
How to Find Someone on YouTube Without Their Username
The easiest way to find someone on YouTube is using their username by typing it into the platform search box to search for all YouTube users that are related to the username. However, if you can’t remember the username it will be nearly impossible to search for the person’s account or username on YouTube.
Therefore, below are the most likely ways about how to find someone on YouTube without their username.
- Use their YouTube Handle.
- Use Related Videos.
- Search the “Channel Name” on YouTube [e.g., Gadgetswright, channel] and this will display the channel and latest video on the screen.