Windows media creation tool is a microprogram to download Windows 10 ISO installer from Microsoft download source directly from Windows computer desktop.
The media creation tool for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 is a tool designed to work on Windows computer to download Windows new update release from an online source.
In most cases, the media creation tool helps to download Windows ISO file release which cannot be downloaded directly or upgrade to through the Windows update settings.
However, if you are a member of the Windows insider program you will be able to download Windows 10 or Windows 8 or Windows 7 build preview depending on your Windows OS.
The Windows media creation tool file size when compared to the total file size for Windows OS update it’s a byte of the official Windows download file size.
If you have a valid Windows 10 license or Windows 7/Windows 8 you can use the media creation tool download the complete file online and install the file on your Windows computer or update the Windows outdated version on your computer.
Download Windows Media Creation Tool
Download the media creation tool for Windows 10 to upgrade from Windows version 1809 to version 1903. You can also use the media creation tool to upgrade from version 1903 to Windows version 18932.
1. Go to the Microsoft Windows download site and download the media tool to your Windows download folder.
2. Go to your Windows download folder and click on the media creation file executable file “MediaCreationTool18932.exe.”
3. When you clicked on the MediaCreationTool executable the file will show the “get ready” page followed by the terms and conditions for using the media tool.
4. When you accepted the terms and conditions for using the Media creation tool to download Windows 10 ISO file you will be presented with two options which are:
- Upgrade this PC now
- Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC
4. Since we want to upgrade the current Windows 10 version 1903 to Windows version 18932 we’d select “Upgrade this PC now”. But if you want to download the Windows 10 OS newly and create a bootable USB so that you can download the Windows 10 ISO file to USB to be used on another Windows you will have to select the second option to create installation media for another PC.
5. Once the upgrading begins the Windows new version will be downloaded from the internet to replace the new Windows version. This may take a while to complete. Make sure you keep your Windows active and you have enough battery or you are connected to the power source to complete the Windows 10 download.
During this update, the Windows upgrade will ask a lot of questions which include “Keep personal files and apps”. When it pops to keep personal files and apps, accept this to keep all your files and apps as against the other option to trash your personal files and apps as if you are installing the Windows 10 OS newly.
How to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC
You can utilize the other option to download Windows 10 ISO file without using the Windows media creation tool. However, here, we’d walk you through how to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) that you can use to download Windows 10 ISO file on other Windows computers.
When you create a bootable DVD for the Windows 10 ISO file you will be able to install the Windows 10 update on your PC or upgrade from old Windows version to the version you created its bootable on flash drive/DVD or ISO file.
1. Refer to step 4(2) above to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC.
2. Select your Windows 10 ISO file language, architecture, and edition and click on the next option. The default language will be set to the English language, you can change the language from the drop menu and select your official language if other the than the English language.
3. Now, connect your USB flash drive or re-writable USB to your PC and select USB flash drive from the two options:
- USB flash drive
- ISO file
For a direct bootable, it’s advisable that you select the first option to use RSB flash drive otherwise select the second option.
Download ISO File Using Windows Media Creation Tool
To create a Windows 10 ISO file bootable file using the Media creation tool you need to download a third-party app called the Rufus tool. This is different from how we created the bootable Windows 10 file using the USB flash drive or DVD above.
1. Download and install Rufus (a tool to format and create bootable USB flash on Windows computer)
2. Double-click on the Rufus tool icon on your desktop to launch the tool on your computer.
3. Insert the USB Drive into your computer via the USB port and make sure it’s firm and far-from shaking.
4. The Rufus tool will recognize the inserted USB drive and all the USB drive information will pop.
5. Under the “Drive” select the USB name or drive name and select (Disc or ISO image) and then click on select.
For a complete guide on how to download Windows 10 ISO file follow this guide.