When you download and install the ESPN app on your Apple TV, you will be prompted to activate the ESPN app on the device. If you are careful enough, you will see the ESPN.com activate code and https://espn.com/activate on the TV screen with the instruction to activate the ESPN app on your Apple TV.
Our careful examination opens to us that ESPN activate isn’t as hard as it was portrayed. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss the ESPN.com activate code on Apple TV and how to stream your favourite channel on your TV at home.
When you want to activate ESPN on Apple TV, you need a few things, which are the:
- The ESPN app installed on your Apple smart TV
- ESPN activation code
- ESPN account username and password.
You can quickly complete the ESPN.com activate on Apple TV and start streaming your favourite ESPN content on your device with all these.
Create an ESPN Account
The first step is to create an ESPN account [and probably upgrade from a free account to a premium account] to enjoy unrestricted service with the ESPN streaming platform.
Therefore, to create your ESPN account, please follow the steps below. Meanwhile, if you have already created an account, kindly skip the step below.
- Go to ESPN.com on a web browser. The ESPN website will automatically direct you to your continue. If you are from Africa, the ESPN.com website will switch to africa.espn.com.
- Click on the “Picture” icon to the top right, click on the “Login” tab and select “Sign up” when it opens.
- Enter your personal information such as your name, email address, password, accept terms and conditions and click on the “Sign Up” button.
Meanwhile, if your country is different from what the ESPN platform shows down the information page, click on the “Change” icon to change the country to your country.
After the above steps, ESPN will send a notification message to the email you provided to confirm that you have successfully created and signed up for an ESPN account.
Install ESPN App on Apple TV
Another limitation you must overcome is to confirm that your Apple TV generation supports the ESPN app. If that is confirmed, then it means that you can download, install, and activate the ESPN app on your Apple smart TV.
- Open the Apple TV Apps store.
- Use the search box to browse for the “ESPN” app by typing the app name and selecting the “Go” button.
- Choose the “Get” button to start downloading the app.
- Wait for the ESPN app to be downloaded and installed on your Apple TV.
- Once the installation is completed, the ESPN app will be added to your apps list and ready to use.
If you cannot add the ESPN app to your Apple TV, it could mean that your Apple TV generation doesn’t support the app.
ESPN Activation Code for Apple TV
To activate the ESPN app on Apple smart TV, you need the ESPN activation code and https://espn.com/activate/appletv. The ESPN activation code for Apple TV is a 6 or more digits code to link the ESPN app and Apple TV together.
The activation code for ESPN on streaming devices serves as a bond that brings the two devices together.
To validate this activation code, the ESPN platform provides a standalone page “https://espn.com/activate” or “https:/espn.com/watch/activate” where users are to enter the ESPN.com activate code on their TV screen and follow the instruction on the web page screen to validate the code and activate the ESPN app on the selected streaming device.
ESPN.com Activate Code
With the ESPN app installed on your Apple smart TV, the following procedures will help you activate the ESPN app on the smart TV and start streaming your favourite channel on the app on your device.
- Power on your Apple smart TV.
- Navigate to “Apps” and select the “ESPN” app.
- Choose “Sign In” and take note of the ESPN.com/activate and Activation code.
- Open a browser on your smartphone or computer and visit https://espn.com/activate.
- Now, you will be redirected to “https://espn.com/watch/activate” on the same browser.
- Enter the ESPN.com activate code on the TV screen and select the “Continue” button.
- Enter your ESPN username and password [follow the steps above to create a new account] and sign in to your ESPN.com account.
Wait for ESPN to check the activation code and username you entered. Once these are confirmed, the ESPN.com/activate and ESPN.com activate code screen will automatically refresh your ESPN account and grant access to the ESPN content on your Apple TV.
We believe that with the steps in this guide, you have learned how to download and install the ESPN app on your Apple TV, find the ESPN activation code for your Apple smart TV and visit to https://espn.com/activate to validate the ESPN.com activate code on your Apple TV to start using the Apple TV.
ESPN.com Activate Code not Working
There are situations where you will do the necessary steps above. Yet, the ESPN.com activate code on the TV screen will not work, or after that, the activation code and https://espn.com/activate/appletv will not refresh automatically to show the ESPN content on your TV.
Therefore, for this, we are providing some notable points to consider when the ESPN activation failed.
ESPN.com Activation Code Expires
The ESPN activation code expires after 1 hour. After which, you need to generate a new activation code on the ESPN app for the activation process.
So, when you enter the ESPN activation code on https://espn.com/watch/activate to activate the ESPN app on your Apple TV, it could mean that the code has expired.
Therefore, to fix this, open the ESPN app, select the “Log in” button and wait for the new activation code to activate the Apple on the streaming device.
Cold Boot your Apple TV
Cold booting your Apple smart TV is also a concern to consider. This helps to clear saved bytes on streaming devices that can cause the device to malfunction.
Therefore, please follow the steps below to cold boot your Apple TV to fix ESPN.com activate code not working.
- Switch off your Apple smart TV.
- Unplug the TV from the power source.
- Wait for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Plug the TV into the wall socket and turn on the TV.
After carrying out the above steps to cold boot your Apple TV, repeat the process to activate the ESPN app on the device to check whether it works.
If the above suggestions failed to void the ESPN.com activate code, then the following advanced tips are recommended.