Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration is an error that is caused when a router is not able to provide a valid IP address while connected to the internet using your Ethernet cable that is supposed to be a link between your browser and the internet.
Ethernet doesn’t t have a valid IP could occur due to several reasons ranging from your router or modem assigning a wrong IP address to your computer or laptop.
And when a wrong IP add is assigned to your computer or laptop or other devices that are connected to the Ethernet, you will experience an “Invalid IP configuration” because the IP assigned to your device is not the IP address that should be assigned to it.
How to Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have Valid IP Configuration on Windows 8
Here is a step-by-step approach on how to fix “Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration on Windows 8″.
- Move your mouse pointer to the bottom right.
- Type “Control Panel” and click on it from the popup result.
- Click on “Network and Internet.”
- Click on “Internet Options.”
- A new window will popup. Click on the “Connections” tab to open it.
- Click on the “Local Area Network (LAN) Settings.”
- Choose “Use proxy settings for your LAN,” Click “OK” and leave other settings untouched.
- This should fix the invalid IP configuration that is occurring from Ethernet for assigning a wrong IP address to your router or modem.
We tried the above approach to fix Ethernet assigning in invalid IP configuration on Windows 8 and Windows 10, and it works perfectly. So, I expect to choose your Local Area Network to use proxy settings for your LAN.
Ethernet 2 doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration.
If, while you want to connect to your router or modem and you encountered Windows 10 ethernet 2 doesn’t have a valid IP configuration, you can attempt to fix this through the “Network and Sharing Center” in your Windows 10.
- Launch your Windows 10 Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Click on the “Network and Sharing Center” options.
- Click on “Change Adapter Settings” in the left pane.
- Right-click on your “Network Adapter” and select “Properties.”
- Scroll down to the “Networking” section and select “Internet Protocol Version 4” and click on “Properties.”
- Choose “use the following DNS server addresses and enter 1:1:1:1 and use 1:0:0:1 as the alternate DNS server and click OK.
Now, refresh your browser, and the problem with the invalid IP configuration should be fixed.
How Clear Invalid IP Configuration on Windows 10
Setting a new server and private DNS address in your Windows 10 should fix the invalid IP configuration. But, if that didn’t fix it, the steps I will share with you below should be able to fix the error on your laptop or computer.
- Hover your mouse pointer to your Windows 10 start menu and select “Settings.”
- Open “Network and Internet.”
- Click on “Network Reset.”
- Press “Reset Now.”
- Click on “Yes” from the popup to confirm that you want to reset your network.
- Now, restart and PC.
Finally, this should fix all errors occurring on your Windows 10 or Windows 8/7, resulting from assigning a wrong IP address to your computer or laptop.