With options like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc., TikTok makes it easy to login without creating another TikTok account. However, since TikTok and Instagram and all these TikTok login methods are operated on different platforms it’s possible to run into login error like TikTok can’t login with Instagram or facing “TikTok non-local user error when you choose “Google” to login.
When you are faced with “Can’t login with Instagram on TikTok” it simply means that you cannot use the TikTok Instagram login option. However, to log in to your TikTok with your Instagram account, it must be that Instagram permits access.
Meanwhile, when I tried to log in to my TikTok account with my Instagram account, the Instagram app returns an error code. See the screen below if it’s the “Instagram can’t login” error message you got from Instagram when you selected the “TikTok Instagram login” option.
However, I am going to detail how I fixed “TikTok can’t login with Instagram” in this article.
How to TikTok Can’t Login with Instagram.
Follow the procedures below to fix the TikTok can’t login error with your Instagram account.
- Launch the TikTok app and sign in to your account.
- Click on “Me >> Privacy and Settings”.
- Scroll down to “Support” and click on “Report a problem.”
- Click “Can’t log in with TikTok” under “Frequently asked questions.”
- Verify your Instagram account by clicking on the “Verify” button.
- Click on “Authorize”
- Enter your Instagram username and password and click on log in.
- Click on the “Continue” button to enable login TikTok account with Instagram.
To confirm that you have successfully enabled the Instagram TikTok login option, follow the procedures above and click on “Edit Settings” in the last step to see when your TikTok is authorized to use Instagram.
However, if the TikTok Instagram login pops up “Couldn’t find a TikTok account associated with this Instagram account”, follow the steps below to fix this.
Note that if there is nothing like “Couldn’t find a TikTok account associated with this Instagram account” when you clicked on the “authorize button” you will be taken to your Instagram account to login and link your Instagram and TikTok account together.
How to Associate TikTok Account with Instagram Account
If your TikTok account return “Couldn’t find a TikTok account associated with the Instagram account” when you are trying to fix the “Can’t login with Instagram” error message on TikTok, follow the procedures below to fix it.
- Log in to your TikTok account with email or phone number.
- Click on the menu option and click on “Privacy and Settings”.
- Scroll down and click on “Report a Problem” under the “Support” option.
- Click on “Can’t log in with Instagram”.
- Click “Can’t log in? Verify with your Instagram username”.
- Enter your “Instagram Username” and click on “Submit.”
Now, you should be able to log in to your TikTok account with the linked Instagram account.
Why won’t TikTok let me Link my Instagram?
Tiktok won’t let you link your Instagram account if you have multiple Instagram accounts with the same details (username and password precisely).
If this is true then you won’t be able to link your Instagram account to your TikTok account.
To fix this; kindly follow the steps below…
- Change the password to one of the Instagram accounts.
- Delete one of the Instagram accounts and connect the second one.
- Only connect one Instagram account to your TikTok account as connecting multiple accounts will interfere with your TikTok account and you won’t be able to link up both accounts.
- Turn off Instagram single login if it’s enabled. This feature will block Tiktok from linking your account if you have two Instagram accounts with the same login details.
Can’t Log into TikTok with Instagram
If you can’t log into TikTok with Instagram it could be that your Instagram account is outdated. Therefore, it’s advisable that you upgrade your TikTok and Instagram to the latest or newest version if you can’t log into TikTok with Instagram.
Follow the steps below to update your Instagram/TikTok app on your Android phone.
- Go to the Google play store.
- Search for “Instagram/TikTok”
- Click on the app icon.
- Click on the “Update” button.
The steps above will download and install the latest TikTok or Instagram on your device. Of course, if you are running the latest version of either or both apps you will not see the option to upgrade to the latest version.
TikTok Instagram Login isn’t Supported
It seems TikTok has dropped support for TikTok Instagram login which is why you are seeing TikTok Instagram login isn’t supported. If you check through the list of TikTok sign-up options you will see that Instagram has been removed. But, you can still login into your TikTok account with your Instagram account.
When you click on “Instagram” under “TikTok sign in” you will see Instagram login isn’t supported with two options, which are:
- Recover account
- Go back.
Ideally, you will want to click on “Recover account” where you will be able to find your TikTok account.
Here you have three options available which are:
- TikTok username
- Phone number
Since we are interested in Instagram, then, click on the Instagram logo.
- Enter your Instagram username and hit the “Next” button.
If your Instagram account is associated with TikTok you will be taken to the next step. But if the Instagram account isn’t associated with a TikTok account you will see “Couldn’t find a TikTok account associated with this Instagram account.”
Then, click on the “OK” button and add your login to your TikTok account with your Instagram login username and password from the TikTok sign-in page.