TikTok is a popular video-sharing platform with millions of users and still growing daily. The platform is more than just a mere platform where you share only videos. You can also market your business on TikTok. However, before TikTok was banned in India and other countries, there has been a “non-local users need to redirect to the storage area” error when users are trying to sign into their TikTok account.
And now that the TikTok app is shut down in some countries, the “non-local user in TikTok” when trying to login to the app poses a lot of confusion to the app users.
While the reason why TikTok is redirecting users from the homepage rather than to log them into their account is not apparent, we have some word of advice, and you can take it as an opinion in this guide.
Non-local User in TokTok
It’s dicey as to why TikTok shows non-local user redirect to the storage area when you make an attempt to log in to your TikTok account with your Gmail, but, from what we understand, the TikTok app could have been compromised. The app is trying to steal your data from your Gmail account as well as the cloud storage you are using if this as a result of hackers trying to hack your account.
With this, if you are redirected successfully, it could mean that you are allowing the hacker to access your localhost and Google Gmail account with the permission granted. However, only allow this to happen if you trust the source.
For the record, this could be the reason why TikTok shutdown in India and in some other countries is advised.
How to Fix Non-local Users need to Redirect to the Storage Area
There are some moves you can make to fix the TikTok non-local users redirect error on your device. So, here now, we will share the tips with you.
1. Log in with Verification Code
Since the TikTok non-local redirect occurs when you want to log in to your TikTok account Gmail or Email, choose “Log in with verification code” so that TikTok will send a confirmation code to your phone number each and every time you want to log in.
With this approach, the “non-local users need to redirect to the storage area” may not pop-up since you are not redirecting from the login page to your Gmail login page.
2. Change your TikTok Phone Number
Another solution to consider if you have lost your TikTok account to a hacker who is trying to allow a non-local user in the TikTok app, you should resolve to change your TikTok phone number.
- Log in to your TikTok app with the old phone number.
- Click on the menu option located at the top-right.
- Click on “Manage my account.”
- Click on “Phone Number.”
- Click “Change” from the pop-up.
- Enter your old phone number.
- Enter the “4 digits” verification code.
- Input the new phone number you want to use.
- Enter the yet another verification code sent to the new phone number.
Now, if the hacker uses the old phone number to access your phone or if the non-local error on your TikTok is associated with your TikTok phone number, the error will be cleared and fixed.
3. Enable TikTok Storage Permission
This could be what you need to do to fix the non-local user in TikTok that is redirecting to storage users. Some apps need permission to work, and TikTok is no different. So, you may want to follow the steps below to enable TikTok storage permission.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Click Apps >>Permissions.
- Click on “Storage.”
- Scroll down to find TikTok and toggle the icon on it to enable storage permission.
Uninstall, Restart the Device and Reinstall
This also can help to fix non-local users on TikTok if none of the above steps work.
- Press and hold the TikTok app in your app menu.
- Click “Uninstall” from the pop-up.
- Press and hold your phone power button for some seconds.
- Click on the “Restart” button.
- Go to your phone app store (Play/Apple/Windows store).
- Search for “TikTok” and install it.
- Launch the “TikTok app”.
- Choose to log in with verification code or Instagram.
Now, try to log in to your TikTok account and see if the non-local error is still not fixed. Meanwhile, we have tried different approaches to fix the TikTok app non-local error, and the above suggestions seem to work better.
How to Solve TikTok non-local User Error
Deleting your TikTok account and create another account will help to solve TikTok non-local user error. Follow the procedures below to delete and recreate a new TikTok account.
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap Me >>Hamburger to the top >> Privacy and Settings” >> Manage my Account >> Delete.
- Enter the “Verification code” send to your mobile phone and tap “Continue” to delete it.
- Tap Me >> Choose the option to create your account.
This approach fixes non-local users on TikTok. However, if there is a fast approach you have tried, kindly drop it in the comment section for others.