Do you have an Optimum cable box and even after pairing the remote to it, you still can’t navigate between different channels via your remote control? Well, many factors could be responsible for these glitches that may need you to reset Optimum remote control.
If you are in the United States, and you are an Optimum user, then you should be familiar with one of the biggest, most popular cable, internet, and phone service providers. Optimum TV by Altice offers outstanding services like a multi-room DVR.
Have to subscribe to Optimum service already? Then, there are chances that you must have encountered one issue or the other while using the remote. You don’t need to get yourself worked out because many other users have also complained about having trouble using the Optimum remote.
All the Optimum remote-related problems can be fixed in several ways. However, before you go ahead to reset Optimum remote control, you need to have an idea of what could be the cause of the problem. Here in this article, we have listed the reasons why your Optimum remote control is not working.
After getting your new Optimum cable box which comes with the remote control, you need to set up or program the Optimum remote. This programming will allow you to switch channels, control the volume, and other basic functions. Before you reset Optimum remote control, know its features first.
Features of Optimum Remote Control
The Optimum remote control is 8 x 3 x 2 inches in size and it’s manufactured by Cablevision optimum. The following are the key buttons you will find on an Optimum remote control and also their functions.
- TV Power button: Controls the TV power.
- Home button: Displays or exits the main Menu.
- DVR button: Displays or exits DVR Menu.
- Arrows button: Navigate through screens and menus.
- Back button: Returns to the previous screen or channel.
- Skip Back button: Skip back for 10 seconds.
- Skip Forward button: Skip forward 30 seconds.
- Volume button: Increases or reduces sound.
- Netflix button: Opens the Netflix App.
- Number Pad: Tunes to channels.
- Record button: Records programming.
- Info: Displays Program Information.
- Mute: Turns sound on and off.
- Channel: Selects the next higher or lower channel or pages up or down in Guide and Menus.
- Microphone: Activates Voice Controls.
- Playback Controls: Rewind, Play/Pause, and Fast forward.
- Exit: Exits screens or apps, stop playback, and returns to live TV.
- Select: Selects a highlighted option.
- Options: Displays or exits options menu (where available).
- Box Power: This is the switch button on the remote.
These are all the key buttons you’d find on an Altice remote with a Netflix button.
Functions of Optimum Remote Control
The Optimum remote control can be portable in size but it can be referred to as a small but mighty device. It can perform the following functions below:
- The Optimum remote control can be set up to control your TV functions such as power, mute, and volume easily.
- The features on the Optimum remote make TV viewing more entertaining.
- The TV Input button on the Optimum remote allows you to toggle to other connected devices to your TV including a Blu-ray disc player, cable box, and so on.
- The on-demand button will direct you to the library of movies and TV shows you can watch during your leisure time.
- The search button will help you locate whatever you wish to watch without wasting your time.
Once you know the functions of your Altice remote with a Netflix button or an Altice One remote, the next thing is to program or set up your Optimum remote to the TV. You will learn this in the latter section of this article.
Why is my Optimum Remote Control not Working?
There must be a reason why you want to reset your Optimum remote control. The following are the factors that may prevent your remote control from working properly or working at all. Some of these factors are:
- Bluetooth connectivity has been disabled.
- Remote batteries are low.
- Without the cable box, you can’t use your Optimum remote control.
- There’s an issue with the cable box.
- Your remote pairing setup was unsuccessful.
- You have pending payments that have not been cleared.
- Damaged wires and cables.
- You have the wrong settings on the remote.
One of the following may be responsible for the Optimum remote control not working.
How to Program Optimum Remote Control to TV (Altice One)
Before you can use your Optimum remote control, it requires Bluetooth to work. This is because the remote was designed with an IR configuration. When you encounter remote control not working issue, it may be that the Bluetooth has not been turned on via the remote.
That is why programming your Optimum remote control is recommended as a first step. You need to pair the Optimum remote to the TV before you go on to reset Optimum remote control. Since the setup of the remote differs, we suggest that you check your Tv manual for its pairing methods.
Note that the Optimum remote will only work on just one device. In case you have multiple devices at home, you need to first unpair your remote to make it useful for the second one.
Follow the steps below on how to connect Optimum remote to the TV If you have the Altice One remote:
- Tap A or Home Button on the remote control.
- Click on the “Settings” on the Home Screen.
- Tap on the Remote icon found at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “pair remote to Altice One”.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions as directed on the screen.
- Finally, select pair remote control.
You will receive a notification confirming that your remote control has been successfully paired. Since you can only pair your remote to a box, you may want to pair the Optimum remote control to a different TV or box in your home. Tap 7 and 9 concurrently for about 5 seconds to unpair it and repeat the “Program your remote” steps above.
How do I Reset Optimum Remote Control?
To reset Optimum remote control is a more complex and aggressive way of rebooting the box. It’s more effective and helps to completely get rid of bugs and glitches.
However, resetting your remote will cost you some things. A factory reset will delete a lot of the data saved on the box. It will turn into a new device like you just got it, a completely blank slate.
Here’s how to reset Optimum remote control by taking the reset button route.
- There’s a Reset button on every box,
- For this method, you need to press and hold the reset button down for about 15 seconds before it will work.
- After the 15-second long press, the box will perform its reset.
- Now, all you need to do is to pair the remote, and everything will work just fine from there.
You have successfully reset Optimum remote control.
Peradventure resetting the Optimum remote doesn’t fix the issue, then you may need to consult Optimum by heading to the store and getting them to check it. They should be able to find a permanent solution to it since they have access to insider company knowledge. Ensure you book an appointment before dropping by.